Different brand center?

audiowarrior

I’m finding that the 504c ii is not enough wide dispersion for our awkward living room. It’s good but not to my liking.

I am using 600m ii and 502s ii for the rest of my 5.1 system.

Question: what center brands have paired well with Klipsch speakers with no timbre issues (and has great dispersion)? Overall, I’m thinking of trying a different brand for my center.

10 hours ago, audiowarrior said:

I’m finding that the 504c ii is not enough wide dispersion for our awkward living room. It’s good but not to my liking.

DCF\Z

Question: what center brands have paired well with Klipsch speakers with no timbre issues (and has great dispersion)? Overall, I’m thinking of trying a different brand for my center.

Klipsch  RC-7   center is what you should be using ,  check with @Emile  , he just bought a pair

https://2d73e25b29782b6d6766-9c8af5cbfef16739445bc76457060528.ssl.cf2.rackcdn.com/RC7_635042119071830000.pdf

• Like 1

3 hours ago, 001 said:

Klipsch  RC-7   center is what you should be using ,  check with @Emile  , he just bought a pair

https://2d73e25b29782b6d6766-9c8af5cbfef16739445bc76457060528.ssl.cf2.rackcdn.com/RC7_635042119071830000.pdf

interesting, why?

how is the 504 ii not better at dispersion than a discontinued product?

thanks 

24 minutes ago, audiowarrior said:

interesting, why?

how is the 504 ii not better at dispersion than a discontinued product?

thanks 

Because 1 pair of RC-7 would have 4....... 8 inch woofers versus 4 ......5,25 inch woofers for  a single RP-504C -  .

Each RC-7  has 1.....  .1,75 inch tweeter , so 2   centers would double  the  tweeters  , 1  RP-504C only has a single  1 inch tweeter .

1 hour ago, 001 said:

Because 1 pair of RC-7 would have 4....... 8 inch woofers versus 4 ......5,25 inch woofers for  a single RP-504C -  .

Each RC-7  has 1.....  .1,75 inch tweeter , so 2   centers would double  the  tweeters  , 1  RP-504C only has a single  1 inch tweeter .

I just realized, you’re suggesting I buy two of the same centers and sit them side by side, thus having two tweets disperse sound? Is that correct?

I didn’t even know you can have 2 center channels. Why don’t more people do that?

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, audiowarrior said:

I didn’t even know you can have 2 center channels. Why don’t more people do that?

Because MOST people know NOT to run 2 center channel speakers simultaneously, but there's usually 001 exception to the rule.

10 hours ago, audiowarrior said:

I just realized, you’re suggesting I buy two of the same centers and sit them side by side, thus having two tweets disperse sound? Is that correct?

you can use a 2nd Amp  to power a 2nd center , or you can wire the 2nd center   in Parralel 4 Ohms  on a single AVR  ,  most  amplifiers can handle    2 centers /4 Ohms in parallel  or 2 centers /16 Ohms in series .

Edited by 001

4 hours ago, audiowarrior said:

Alright guys, I’m so confused hahaha. Forget I asked. 

I guess I gotta figure out how to increase my center dispersion or get a whole new system in the future. I elevated the center with door stoppers and that helped. 

Welcome!

• Like 1

On 6/2/2022 at 12:14 PM, audiowarrior said:

How is your center placed when seated? At head level or…. And you are looking for wider dispersion because, there is seating that is off of the center axis, and at what angle?

3 hours ago, jimjimbo said:

How is your center placed when seated? At head level or…. And you are looking for wider dispersion because, there is seating that is off of the center axis, and at what angle?

I just want to be clear to everyone here.
- the 504c ii has very crisp and clear dialogue
- has enormous volume
- no one has trouble understanding dialogue

I am just annoyed because I can feel the small presence of the 'dispersion cone..' Based on seating, I can tell whether or not listeners are in the sweet spot.

The center is now elevated to head level and that has helped.

I have an awkward rectangle room, so I guess I am expecting too much.

First-person PoV

https://imgur.com/a/FGUPHMU

Room

https://imgur.com/a/ORUeGDl

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, audiowarrior said:

The center is now elevated to head level and that has helped.

I have an awkward rectangle room, so I guess I am expecting too much.

First-person PoV

I think your Left, Center, and the Right speakers are too close together in your picture. Can the projection screen be moved to the right and the main speakers then placed on each side of the screen? I would also consider mounting the center speaker above the screen.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, audiowarrior said:

How are your Heresy fronts? sounds epic!

It's an awesome setup if I must say so myself.  Heresy LCR and surround - lots of great sound in a not so big speaker.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Khornukopia said:

I think your Left, Center, and the Right speakers are too close together in your picture. Can the projection screen be moved to the right and the main speakers then placed on each side of the screen? I would also consider mounting the center speaker above the screen.

I think you’re right.

I ran a test last night. I placed the L and R on chairs on either side of the screen toed in. I noticed a whole new listening experience. It was a lot better.

it’s going to be tough to mount the center up top because it’s almost 40 pounds. But let me ask you this… Are you implying that centers mounted high up increases the dispersion? I’m assuming the sound waves reflect off the ceiling and fall on the viewers?