Deano is an approved Klipsch network builder

1 hour ago, jjptkd said:

Quotes from @deang on page 2 & 3:

"It will be a month before I have my parts. If you must, buy the cap kit and send them to me. PM me and we’ll talk about packing and shipping."

"I asked Roy if he would be willing to contact Universal Transformer and authorize them to allow me to bring back the T2A and T4A, along with several other parts. These parts will be wound to Klipsch factory spec. I do not plan to sell these parts independent of a complete build.  1) These parts are expensive and I do not have the money to maintain a substantial inventory. 2) If your network is failing to the point where you need a new autotransformer or coil, you should strongly consider replacing the networks. 

Roy has approved the following.

1) If you are using the two piece phase plug K-55-V or John Allen A-55-G, I can build the Type AL-3 or Type AK-3 for you. Single port phase plug K-55-V will be Type AA.

2) No zeners. In fact, no tweeter protection unless you ask for it, in which case you will get the 100 ohm resistor in parallel with the polyswitch.

I will also build the Type B2 for the Cornwall. Cornwall II is a possibility. 

I will recap Heresy II, Forte, Forte II.

Chorus and Chorus II, but you must buy the capacitor kit from JEM, and ship networks and capacitors to me."

So basically if I want new X/O's at this point PM Dean for info. Got it. Thanks.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, jimjimbo said:

Excellent question.

Configurations available for network types (A, AA, B, B2, E, E2, etc, etc)?

Complete rebuild or repair/update services?

Any options, such as a -3db reduction on the midrange for a specific network?

Components installed?

Shipping costs?

Turnaround times?

Contact information?

Pricing?

Like I said, I'm a month out before I have parts. I'll mostly be doing clean builds for the vintage stuff that's starting to look pretty rough - mostly A, AA, AL-3, AB-2 and AK-3. Type B should be upgraded to B2. Cornwall II is a possibility. The others, which were inside the actual loudspeaker, are in good shape and just need recapped. Most people should be able to handle that on their own with the kit. I mean, we're usually talking two capacitors here. As previously stated, some PCB work. I'm one guy with a day job - it's not my intention to build/offer every network Klipsch ever used.

Components: Klipsch spec Mylar capacitors, T2A, T4A and Klipsch spec coils. All parts will be wax infused.

Shipping: Well, it depends on where you live and how heavy/large your box is.

Turnaround is the same as it ever was. It just depends on how long the line is.

Contact: PM is fine, and so is reaching me through my Facebook page using the 'send email' button. https://www.facebook.com/deangcrossovers/

Pricing: PCB work is $50 per board plus whatever the capacitor kit costs. The board builds will be between $500-$550. Hard to know exactly until I get invoiced by Universal Transformer.

• Like 1

I'm still upright Buddy. It has been awhile.

Deano built the networks in the photos above for my Jube Clone project geez, I dont know, 10-12 years ago or so. Maybe he will chime in and correct me. The pictures do not do them justice. And they sounded incredible.

And I never did ask you if it was OK to start calling you Deano, I just did. It just seemed fitting at the time somehow.

I miss the old days around here. Now that I think of it, I sure miss my Jube Clones too. Wish I still had them.

• Like 3

• Moderators
On 9/13/2022 at 8:31 AM, jjptkd said:

Quotes from @deang on page 2 & 3:

"It will be a month before I have my parts. If you must, buy the cap kit and send them to me. PM me and we’ll talk about packing and shipping."

"I asked Roy if he would be willing to contact Universal Transformer and authorize them to allow me to bring back the T2A and T4A, along with several other parts. These parts will be wound to Klipsch factory spec. I do not plan to sell these parts independent of a complete build.  1) These parts are expensive and I do not have the money to maintain a substantial inventory. 2) If your network is failing to the point where you need a new autotransformer or coil, you should strongly consider replacing the networks. 

Roy has approved the following.

1) If you are using the two piece phase plug K-55-V or John Allen A-55-G, I can build the Type AL-3 or Type AK-3 for you. Single port phase plug K-55-V will be Type AA.

2) No zeners. In fact, no tweeter protection unless you ask for it, in which case you will get the 100 ohm resistor in parallel with the polyswitch.

I will also build the Type B2 for the Cornwall. Cornwall II is a possibility. 

I will recap Heresy II, Forte, Forte II.

Chorus and Chorus II, but you must buy the capacitor kit from JEM, and ship networks and capacitors to me."

Congratulations again Dean!

Stay tuned here for updates from Dean on when he is fully ramped up. 

In the meantime he said you could pm him at @deang for connecting. 

• Like 1

• Moderators
On 9/13/2022 at 11:50 AM, deang said:

Like I said, I'm a month out before I have parts. I'll mostly be doing clean builds for the vintage stuff that's starting to look pretty rough - mostly A, AA, AL-3, AB-2 and AK-3. Type B should be upgraded to B2. Cornwall II is a possibility. The others, which were inside the actual loudspeaker, are in good shape and just need recapped. Most people should be able to handle that on their own with the kit. I mean, we're usually talking two capacitors here. As previously stated, some PCB work. I'm one guy with a day job - it's not my intention to build/offer every network Klipsch ever used.

Components: Klipsch spec Mylar capacitors, T2A, T4A and Klipsch spec coils. All parts will be wax infused.

Shipping: Well, it depends on where you live and how heavy/large your box is.

Turnaround is the same as it ever was. It just depends on how long the line is.

Contact: PM is fine, and so is reaching me through my Facebook page using the 'send email' button. https://www.facebook.com/deangcrossovers/

Pricing: PCB work is $50 per board plus whatever the capacitor kit costs. The board builds will be between $500-$550. Hard to know exactly until I get invoiced by Universal Transformer.

Edited Tuesday at 08:23 PM by deang (see edit history)
Only staff can see this message

The pricing and contact information is up above. 

• Like 1

• 6 months later...