Deano is an approved Klipsch network builder

This thread is supposed to be an acknowledgement and recognition for Dean's contributions and his new "standing" with Klipsch. 

However ......... a couple of guys want to turn this thread into something else. I have no idea what their agenda is (and I don't care). If you two really think Dean is a bad  guy, then why don't you take it offline and PM Dean directly and tell him what you think.

Quite frankly, most of us like Dean and really don't care what a couple detractors are trying to accomplish. 

-Tom

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

• Klipsch Employees
12 minutes ago, PrestonTom said:

This thread is supposed to be an acknowledgement and recognition for Dean's contributions and his new "standing" with Klipsch. 

However ......... a couple of guys want to turn this thread into something else. I have no idea what their agenda is (and I don't care). If you two really think Dean is a bad  guy, then why don't you take it offline and PM Dean directly and tell him what you think.

Quite frankly, most of us like Dean and really don't care what a couple detractors are trying to accomplish. 

-Tom

I agree Tom. But there will always be boneheads……me being chief of. 

• Like 7

9 minutes ago, Chief bonehead said:

I agree Tom. But there will always be boneheads……me being chief of. 

I think you are still in training for that and hope you never graduate! ROFLMAO!!

On that same note, it begs the question: "Do bankers use self-depreciating humor?"

• Haha 3

I'm guessing you are still working out details, but assume JEM will continue to ship parts kits and Dean will do refurbs for folks, and perhap total replacement crossovers for those needing them (like needed when I got some beater LS cabs with no original parts).

• Like 1

Page two is where I cover most of it. Roy is letting me bring back some old parts so I can do new builds. I’ll do the PCB stuff for people who just don’t want to deal with it themselves. I’m primarily building for the purists now, who just like their stuff the way it is. Kills me to see the condition of many AA and AL/AK networks. 

1 hour ago, Crankysoldermeister said:

Page two is where I cover most of it. Roy is letting me bring back some old parts so I can do new builds. I’ll do the PCB stuff for people who just don’t want to deal with it themselves. I’m primarily building for the purists now, who just like their stuff the way it is. Kills me to see the condition of many AA and AL/AK networks. 

I doubt that you'll bring back the metal can caps that were in my beater La Scalas. However, they really didn't sound bad at all, because my cap kit from JEM was pretty much a lateral move sonically.

Of course, I'm a rebel, because I ultimately installed the Volti VTK400 crossovers. Now that I have dialed them in, they actually sound like 'younger and stronger' AA crossovers.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

That’s kind of what makes it funny. General perception as opposed to reality. He’s really been great to work with. He struggles with the state of this place, so people here don’t always get to see the best side of Roy. Seriously though, he’s an awesome dude. 

• Like 3

Personally I see what Roy has done as great news for owners of older Klipsch speakers. Now we have an opportunity to hear what real sound engineers have determined is the best sound for their speakers instead of some aftermarket seller of crossovers or repairs with no or very little electronic background or degrees. They have been selling their version of good sound with their capacitors and networks for many years before Klipsch got into the game. Now we have the Klipsch sound, a big well known old audio company with sound engineers designing their signature sound. All the better audio companies have their own signature of sound and consistently stick with that sound so consumers can know what to expect when they purchase their product. Face it guys those old crossovers and capacitors were designed years ago by one of the best, PWK, but since then better components and progress in the audio field has been made. I am curious what those guys have came up with sound wise to represent their sound in 2022 in their old speakers. And Dean is one of if not the only one that provide that service for those not wanting to work on their crossovers themselves. One can expect to pay slightly more, but hey you are getting Klipsch approved components. R&D people have to be paid. They do not work for free. I bet I am not the only one curious what they came up with. 

Now Dean has the full backing of the guys with sound engineering degrees behind him. Lucky guy. None of the other guys we have been talking about for years can say that. 

@deang    @JEM Performance only use    Brand new klipsch Genuine parts   

anyone who wants the Best sound  for their klipsch crossovers can  order the klipsch Parts from @JEM Performance  and do the work themselves or go through @deang   who will  repair the crossover to klipsch specs -

@deangand @JEM Performance  are  klipsch Approved   .

• Like 1