Deano is an approved Klipsch network builder

• Klipsch Employees
1 minute ago, captainbeefheart said:

I think I could have worded my thoughts better.

All I'm saying is you or anyone else from the company doesn't necessarily need to defend it personally. I'm just saying, for example, when the guy came in asking for advice on someone upgrading their Cornwall networks. I think everyone here knows what thread I'm talking about. Someone such as myself will defend Klipsch with technical facts to put some doubt into the "upgrades".

Or is it if someone comes in and makes a similar thread will it just get deleted?

I guess it depends on the thread. Keep doing what you are cbh. I like people who are genuinely interested in helping people understand. 

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Chief bonehead said:

I guess it depends on the thread. Keep doing what you are cbh. I like people who are genuinely interested in helping people understand. 

That makes sense, play it by ear.

I love what Klipsch does, always have. I own multiple pairs of your speakers. Thank you for all your hard work and what you do we all enjoy it.

I always thought education is great, I love learning and I like when others get excited to learn. I'll do my absolute best to help anyone.

• Like 2

I just told someone, imagine being on a message board owned by Crown, and a bunch of people come in promoting Behringer. Actually, go to the Crown message board and tell me how many non-crown related threads or mentions you can find. This place is not like AudioKarma. Also, Roy is just one guy. He is not the only Klipsch/Voxx person monitoring this board. We all need to start stepping outside of ourselves and seeing this from their perspective.

As for all of the modified stuff I've built in the past, It sounds great. I've never had anyone complain, ask for a return or a refund. So, if you are feeling like you bought a lesser product -- please don't.

Driving factors for the change: 1) The constant flow of positive reviews from those who have tried the stock capacitors. 2) The ridiculous cost increases associated with my builds. Even my standard build was approaching $800.00. 3) A desire to uncomplicate my life and just build without having to justify every mod. 4) Address the untapped market of those who just want their speakers to sound the way they did when they bought them. 5) Help Roy with that terrible migraine problem.

Roy and me have been talking since July. Capacitors are only part of the equation. I have no desire to recap networks that look like they were pulled from the bottom of the Titanic. Those can be recapped DIY by just about anyone who takes the time to practice with a soldering iron. Buy the kit and get in there. I hear Jim from JEM sends out some decent instructions with the kit(s). Oh yeah, that other part of the equation:

I asked Roy if he would be willing to contact Universal Transformer and authorize them to allow me to bring back the T2A and T4A, along with several other parts. These parts will be wound to Klipsch factory spec. I do not plan to sell these parts independent of a complete build.  1) These parts are expensive and I do not have the money to maintain a substantial inventory. 2) If your network is failing to the point where you need a new autotransformer or coil, you should strongly consider replacing the networks. 

Roy has approved the following.

1) If you are using the two piece phase plug K-55-V or John Allen A-55-G, I can build the Type AL-3 or Type AK-3 for you. Single port phase plug K-55-V will be Type AA.

2) No zeners. In fact, no tweeter protection unless you ask for it, in which case you will get the 100 ohm resistor in parallel with the polyswitch.

I will also build the Type B2 for the Cornwall. Cornwall II is a possibility. 

I will recap Heresy II, Forte, Forte II.

Chorus and Chorus II, but you must buy the capacitor kit from JEM, and ship networks and capacitors to me.

• Like 7

Congratulations Dean and it was even announced by Roy, wow!

Klipsch is considerate on their forums from what I’ve seen. I enjoy their forums, members, and have learned a lot especially about Klipsch speakers which I own and enjoy greatly and mostly why I’m here, so thank you all.

My Klipschorns sound amazing! Mr. Paul W. Klipsch was a genius and Klipsch is a great company! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Wow! One night's sleep delayed in Germany and the world has changed (a little:). Congratulations, Dean 👍 I don't know you personally, but even posts can give some insight into a person's soul after a few years. Yours is not black in my view. I'd love to have a beer with you sometime😀
Somehow I'm not really surprised about this kind of "clarification" Roy decided to do, and I think it was a very wise decision for potential customers especially since JEM and you are a fruitful match. From my point of view, it is the right step to no longer just talk about the advantages of originality, but to actually offer them from the original manufacturer Klipsch, also to all interested parties who do not solder themselves and have no experience with electrical engineering. Something like a "Porsche Classic" department of the factory itself (which really exists) and which in both cases, Porsche Classic and Klipsch Vintage Heritage further strengthens the brand.

It is, in my view, also wise for the forum and its discussions. I don't want to say it was in the air, but somehow my question in another thread fits well with the development. Yesterday I asked how far an AA network original Autoformer could sound a bit more "original" than the one in my (well-crafted) replica crossover. If that doesn't fit the topic...

• Like 1

Another addendum, it would certainly not be a disadvantage for the Klipsch subbrand Heritage if there was a note on the website in the Heritage section (again similar to Porsche) like this:
"Did you know how many of our vintage Heritage speakers are still in use? You wouldn't believe how many there are. Klipsch vintage Heritage loudspeakers are not simply consumer goods but valuable handmade witnesses which offer the true sound of their time in a fantastic way still today. Since their manufacture they are often passed down in a family. Just as your new Heritage speakers which offer the contemporary amazing Klipsch sound will last in the future. To ensure that your vintage Heritage Klipsch speakers continue to perform to their full potential, we have set up the Vintage Restoration Shop for you." (Contact).

Sorry I didn't mean to butt in too much, but I'm very excited about Dean's new status right now.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Crankysoldermeister said:

I just told someone, imagine being on a message board owned by Crown, and a bunch of people come in promoting Behringer. Actually, go to the Crown message board and tell me how many non-crown related threads or mentions you can find. This place is not like AudioKarma. Also, Roy is just one guy. He is not the only Klipsch/Voxx person monitoring this board. We all need to start stepping outside of ourselves and seeing this from their point of view.

As for all of the modified stuff I've built in the past, It sounds great. I've never had anyone complain, ask for a return or a refund. So, if you are feeling like you bought a lesser product -- please don't.

Driving factors for the change: 1) The constant flow of positive reviews who tried the stock capacitors. 2) The ridiculous cost increases associated with my builds. Even my standard build was approaching $800.00. 3) A desire to uncomplicate my life and just build without having to justify every mod. 4) Address the untapped market of those who just want their speakers to sound the way they did when they bought them. 5) Help Roy with that terrible migraine problem.

Roy and me have been talking since July. Capacitors are only part of the equation. I have no desire to recap networks that look like they were pulled from the inside of the Titanic. Those can be recapped DIY by just about anyone who takes the time to practice with a soldering iron. Buy the kit and get in there. I hear Jim from JEM sends out some decent instructions with the kit(s). Oh yeah, that other part of the equation:

Roy contacted Universal Transformer, authorizing them to allow me to bring back the T2A and T4A, along with several other parts. All of these parts will be Klipsch factory spec.

Roy has approved the following.

1) If you are using the two piece phase plug K-55-V or John Allen A-55-G, I can build the Type AL-3 or Type AK-3 for you. Single port phase plug K-55-V will be Type AA.

2) No zeners. In fact, no tweeter protection unless you ask for it, in which case you will get the 100 ohm resistor in parallel with the polyswitch.

I will also build the Type B2 for the Cornwall. Cornwall II is a possibility. 

I will recap Heresy II, Forte, Forte II.

Chorus and Chorus II, but you must buy the capacitor kit from JEM, and ship networks and capacitors to me.

Well said

• Like 1