Any Lego guys here?

wuzzzer

The other day I was sitting in my movie room in the basement and was noticing that my giant THT subwoofers look pretty sad.  I'm 47 and grew up with Legos, although nothing like what's available today.  Being a Star Wars fan, I thought maybe I'd get a couple Star Wars Lego sets and put them on top of my THTs.  I'm not going to go crazy and get the ones with thousands of pieces or anything.  I was looking at possibly something like these:

Imperial TIE Fighter™ 75300 | Star Wars™ | Buy online at the Official LEGO® Shop US

Death Star™ Trench Run Diorama 75329 | Star Wars™ | Buy online at the Official LEGO® Shop US

Luke Skywalker™ (Red Five) Helmet 75327 | Star Wars™ | Buy online at the Official LEGO® Shop US

Anyone else have anything like this in their movie room?

Well, apparently I’m the only one.  😄

Anyway, I ended up buying the Luke Red Five helmet and the Trench Run kits online and should get them in a week or so.  We had a friend’s son who is 10 years old over today and I told him I’m going to need his help putting them together.  He absolutely loves Star Wars and is excited to help out.

9 minutes ago, CWOReilly said:

Me me me! I have a few years on ya and still have my childhood LEGOs as well as many newer sets. There’s a Star Destroyer and an ATAT on top of my entertainment rack. I have the Trench Run diorama too. It’s among others I’m yet to assemble. 

I’m not sure what my mom did with my old Lego sets.  I had quite a few of the generic spaceship-type ones and lots of others.

I thought it would be cool to eventually build a few of them to be on each of my subs since they definitely have the real estate available.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, wuzzzer said:

I’m not sure what my mom did with my old Lego sets.  I had quite a few of the generic spaceship-type ones and lots of others.

I thought it would be cool to eventually build a few of them to be on each of my subs since they definitely have the real estate available.

My mother filled a huge trash can with them and put them in the attic. Now they are in my storage room. I’d love to display my old space sets, and I’ve collected many more vintage collections from “moms” that didn’t stash them away as well. No room to display everything. Maybe between Audio and Lego I’ll retire one day. 

2 hours ago, boom3 said:

My partner built this. A second after I took this pic, the cat flipped the Shuttle off the table. Put back together, it is now safely in a shelf.

IMG_0083.jpeg

That’s part of my problem too. Cats. I have to build out of a sealable container or they’d be everywhere. Luckily they haven’t crashed any built sets. 

• Like 1

Im 40 and was a Lego fanatic.  I still have all of mine which are currently at my cousin's house being reassembled to their glory.  The King's Castle number 6080 was my first set, my cousin is currently sourcing pieces needed to make it complete. 

image.png.47416fc0f3ed135b3873fbf335ba2f63.png

Second favorite was my Black Seas Barracuda 6285. 

image.png.62d2c7f9fa6f1c480e34c8c74ca2e0c1.png

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/28/2023 at 9:37 PM, wuzzzer said:

Well, apparently I’m the only one.

My daughter at UT Austin has gotten into the new LEGO puzzle thing......   when she first brough home one of her masterpieces I told her that those were not lego's..... at least not the kind I remember as a youngster. My how times have changed. 3D puzzle called Lego's.

It's pretty cool, but not my thing.