Hot Hot Hot

oldtimer

I can currently offer some hot sauce for the chili heads on the forum.  There is a scorpion based, a death spiral based, and a small amount of yellow 7 pot based sauces.  Still at the price of $7 per 5oz bottle, or $15 for an 11.2 oz flip top, plus shipping.  They will be ready soon and I am still considering appropriate names for the label.  Pm for transaction details.  Bon apetit.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Got 3 bottles 2 or 3 years ago and it just gets better with time.

Mentioned before how I take no more Prilosec now. Keep a bottle in brothers hunting vehicle. He likes the taste of Chelada beer. If he wants it a little more spicy, I reach for the bottle...lol... good stuff baby.

A little dab will do you.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, DoubleJ said:

Had to look up the scoville for the Yellow 7 Pot Pepper because I haven't heard of it. ;)

I've tried just about every hot sauce creation you have produced, Oldtimer, so based that, how much heat do the new recipes bring compared to your earlier offerings?

Thanks

JJ

@oldtimer

They compare around the same.  The yellow I would call a medium hot, and the death spiral and scorpion are in the pretty dang hot range, and the scorpion has that long linger to not let you forget how hot it is.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

It is a personal thing.  Medium to some is quite hot for others.  If you don't know, then you need more experience.  As a long time chili head, my hot is pretty dang hot.  I order my food at Thai restaurants "Thai hot."  If you know what that means, then you can get an idea.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/13/2023 at 5:54 PM, oldtimer said:

I order my food at Thai restaurants "Thai hot."

Resturants are exactly consistent either.... but I'm the same way.... and every once in a while I'll get that chef who wants to see someone cry out for ice cream.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
3 hours ago, oldtimer said:

I made some several years ago, it was quite good.  For a store bought version I recommend the Grace brand scotch bonnet sauce if you can find it, it's straight out of Jamaica.

In fact that is the brand in my refrigerator right now! Grace products are available here. Their ginger beer is the best I've ever had and we pick it up for Dark and Stormies every summer. If you make a batch at some future date I'm in for some.

• Like 1