Troubles with the sound of my new La Scalas

Bhai

3 hours ago, babadono said:

expectation bias..it IS a real thing..not saying it happened to you but it DOES happen.

I doubt it. I was so disappointed with the speakers on first listen right out of the box that I called the dealer to ask for my old speakers back that I traded in. He said if I felt the same way after some hours on them he would comply. I went from dismay to complete bliss with those VR4s. I’ve never heard such a drastic change. And I could have just given them back.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Shakeydeal said:

Explain this one. New speakers don’t sound good. Leave them in a room playing 24/7 for weeks. During this time they aren’t listened to. Come back after several hundred hours and they sound very different. How did you acclimate to the speakers if you weren’t even in the same room all this time?

This isn’t a hypothetical, it happened to me with  Von Schweikert speakers in the mid 90s.

Before and after Plotsl  please

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, the real Duke Spinner said:

Before and after Plotsl  please

F that. I don’t need measurements to tell me what pleases me. If you care that much about data, you should just curl up with an oscilloscope and some test tones. Leave the enjoyment of music to the rest of us.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ceptorman said:

You mean going back to Bose?

Never was there!   Ewwww, those things have ALWAYS sucked!  I was running Heil AMT 1's when everyone else was into those 914's.  Then Arnie hooked me up w/a pair of Infinity RF 2.5's.  

I sure did laff at those two morons who wouldn't let me in their tent with my Klipsch hat on @ Sweetwater that day.  Had to slip out there and check in w/my ole buddy Steve Ferrone and Justin Johnson (that spade playin dude).  lol

• Like 1

On 12/2/2023 at 12:01 PM, Bananas and Blow said:

This thread is not a good representation of this forum. Needless bickering of the same old topics. To the op, please come back and let us know after 100 hours what you think about your speakers.

Done! 😁

• Like 1

I don't remember being disappointed in my Khorns when I first turned them on. Something must be wrong with these pair. Let's see the data for any change in the speaker output during "break-in". Your personal experience won't convince me--maybe it's just getting used to them, and there is no change. Change my mind with measurements.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Shakeydeal said:

Perhaps we should not measure anything and depend on what our ears tell us. If they tell you something other than they tell me, then we go in different directions. Problem solved. As if there ever was a problem...

Yes, of course, it wasn't really meant seriously.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I'm liking the sound more and more and my initial complaints are slowly vanishing...

But I think my final verdict I will deliver only after I have both the Cornwalls and La Scalas set up in different rooms. I'll be playing with them on a daily basis so really can compare much better!

Right now there is no way to do an A/B test

• Like 2