Where to hear new LaScala AL5s in Illinois?

I live in Peoria, IL, and I cannot find a single Klipsch dealer that has a pair of LaScala AL5s on a showroom floor to listen to. I'm willing to drive across the border to Iowa if necessary.  Does anyone know where in IL I can find a set of AL5s to listen to?  Thanks in advance!

Edited by hernamf
  • Like 1

• hernamf changed the title to Where to hear new LaScala AL5s in Illinois?

Have you checked with Primetime A/V in Rockford? I know they have had them in the showroom before; I'm not sure if they currently do. I haven't been in since before Christmas. Try to connect with Will, he is great to work with.

Jeremy

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/5/2024 at 6:03 PM, hernamf said:

I live in Peoria, IL, and I cannot find a single Klipsch dealer that has a pair of LaScala AL5s on a showroom floor to listen to. I'm willing to drive across the border to Iowa if necessary.  Does anyone know where in IL I can find a set of AL5s to listen to?  Thanks in advance!

Klipsch has a Heritage dealer locator that lists what speakers they have set up.  When I typed in Peoria, the closest place that came up that has LaScalas is Sundown One in Springfield.

Klipsch Authorized Audio Speaker Dealer Locator | Klipsch

• Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, 83 LSIs said:

Sundown One in Springfield Illinois only has one pair of Heresy IV in stock, no other Heritage speakers.

Klipsch needs to update their site then.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/20/2024 at 2:59 PM, wuzzzer said:

Klipsch has a Heritage dealer locator that lists what speakers they have set up.  When I typed in Peoria, the closest place that came up that has LaScalas is Sundown One in Springfield.

Klipsch Authorized Audio Speaker Dealer Locator | Klipsch

it's worth noting that the Heritage Dealer Locator is woefully out of date. of the 7 Heritage dealers listed in my area, only 3 are open or carry home stereo gear. Of those three, only two have any Heritage product, one store has 2 pair of Forte, the other has the full Heritage line. Still, it seems they've updated it since I last checked it a couple years ago and dropped some of the out of business dealers.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/5/2024 at 7:03 PM, hernamf said:

You'll probably have to take a drive. I pretty much grew up in Peoria, and finally made it back to my 50th HS reunion. It had changed a lot (in a good way).

It’s a lot more difficult to buy speakers today , I remember  years ago when audio  stores  had  dozens of speakers set up and ready for A/B testing  , that was the good old days . Back then the buyer could make an informed decision about what they were purchasing and the manufacturers knew that their products had to hold up to this scrutiny . Today many speaker brands  benefit from the lack of meaningful comparison  that was once  common  . On the other  hand , the great speakers  , like  Lascala or Klipschorn  , they  are routinely overlooked by many enthusiasts , never to be heard , people just aren’t aware of the giant leap in performance , including the shocking live performance quality  that truly sets these speaker's apart from the common ordinary stuff , it should be easier to demo the AL5’s that your interested in .