heresy h 700 info

7 hours ago, luca78 said:

hello based on the serial number, what can you tell me about these h-700s?

do they have alnico magnets?

what price could they have?

thank you.

e926b271-2a44-41e3-9c49-c242fcbb7eba.jpg

Unfortunately based solely on a photo of a sticker it’s impossible to tell what’s inside a speaker (could be an empty cabinet for all we know), and the same goes for estimating the value.

Let me start by saying that I live in Italy, and here the requests for these speakers are much higher than in America. the seller asks for 1200 euros....which seems too much to me!.

Screenshot_20240326-184116_Subito.jpg

Screenshot_20240326-184553_Subito.jpg

Screenshot_20240326-184127_Subito.jpg

• Like 1

Cool so, are you going to make seller an offer on the pair?

Looking pretty good from here.

Original crossover looks like, probably sound good, and alright until you decide to refresh them at cost to you.

Welcome!

@luca78

• Like 2

13 hours ago, luca78 said:

Do these drivers have alnico magnets? What restoration work should I do on these speakers?

the  Woofers ,  Midrange drivers + Tweeters have Alnico  magnets , Made in 1969  , the speaker cabinets are in original condition including the  badges- fabric -wood finish ,  I would leave these rare speakers as-is for preservation  .

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, luca78 said:

Do these drivers have alnico magnets? What restoration work should I do on these speakers?

Yes, look like Alnico to me, round. Nothing to do but enjoy for now. Can you demo them?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, luca78 said:

If everything works then just listen for a while. You may not need any restoration. 

• Like 2

They definitely have the “cool” factor going considering their age and what looks to be excellent condition.  1200 euros is about $1,300US.  It would depend on how badly you wanted them.  Personally I wouldn’t pay anywhere near that.  I’ve paid less than half that for much newer Heresys.

• Like 2

On 3/26/2024 at 4:15 PM, luca78 said:

The woofer is not AlNiCo, but is likely original.  Unless they sound recessed, polite, or dull and all the drivers work they need no restoration.  You might rub a little lemon oil on the veneer. 

• Like 1

On 3/26/2024 at 5:35 PM, wuzzzer said:

I’ve paid less than half that for much newer Heresys.

That is certainly true. I purchased my used Heresy IIs about 5 years ago and paid $675 for the pair. It was a touch high at the time as I saw prices in the $500-$600 range

then. But in the past few years, perhaps due to what I'll call COVID inflation, prices of used Heresies have gone up roughly 30%. I agree while those Heresies are not a more recent vintage maybe meriting a more closer to new retail used price, the same could be said of those H700s-either the price is high due to their very old vintage, or the price should be lower for the same reasons.  With that current COVID inflation in my mind, I wouldn't pay above $1k USD for those Italian Heresies, but if Klipsch speakers of ANY vintage or even new are hard to find in Italy, the price might be acceptable. I suppose in the end it's what the buyer is willing to spend. In my case above, I was willing to pay above the then current median price to get my Heresies.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, JohnA said:

The woofer is not AlNiCo, but is likely original.  Unless they sound recessed, polite, or dull and all the drivers work they need no restoration.  You might rub a little lemon oil on the veneer. 

that woofer looks original to me -- there were alnico woofers that had a square back, but with rounded edges -- here is a clearer example.  of course, a better pic would help.

alnico woofer.jpg

my '75 heresys had alnico woofer but with a smaller magnet cover like this:

k22alnico.jpg

• Like 1

from the research I'm doing, the model seems to be prior to 1975, and the woofers should be with an alnico magnet

2G332 seems to be 332 unit produced in 1969.

22 hours ago, JohnA said:

Il woofer non è AlNiCo, ma è probabilmente originale. A meno che non sembrino incassati, educati o noiosi e tutti i driver funzionino, non necessitano di restauro. Potresti strofinare un po' di olio di limone sulla faccetta. 

How can you tell it's not alnico?

18 hours ago, Peter P. said:

Con l'attuale inflazione COVID in mente, non pagherei più di 1.000 dollari per quelle eresie italiane, ma se i diffusori Klipsch di QUALSIASI annata o anche nuovi sono difficili da trovare in Italia, il prezzo potrebbe essere accettabile.

in Italy they ask 1600/1800 euros for a pair of used heresy IIIs, a little less for the heresy II and heresy I. These would be close to where I live, and the fact that it is a "historic" model fascinates me a lot. If the seller was willing to negotiate the price below 1000 euros I could consider purchasing them, provided they are in excellent condition.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

the woofer appears to be the red cloth edge type.

Unfortunately now I only have these photos. I would have to go and see them in person for further details.

1bcb1643-eb96-11ee-8f44-3378b3e224af.jpg

Edited by luca78

Yes, they were not the best of pictures. Since seller still has them, for a rare pair in apparent nice condition.

You may be the first to demo them and either go away happy or sad.

At least you will know more without having to be concerned with the interior of speakers, unless it comes up.

Make an offer of 900 and watch his reaction.

Got to start somewhere. Given time, someone will score them.

@luca78

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1