Need suggestions for a decent receiver for my Klipsch speakers

I'm looking for receiver suggestions for my Klipsch speakers.  I have 2 Heresy loudspeakers (1986), 2 Synergy F3's and a Synergy 12" sub.  I just need a receiver for audio only...no video.  My Harman Kardon AVR347 had enough power to blow out the 12" sub.  Will be played loud, so need a receiver that won't overheat.  Also looking for suggestions for sub speaker replacement.  THANKS!!

Don’t shortchange yourself with a receiver. If you don’t want to do separates, there are plenty of good integrated amplifiers. I would recommend tubes, but you should state what’s your budget.

• Like 1

Yamaha 1010 or 2010 integrated or receivers are vintage  (late 1970s), and sound great with Klipsch speakers.  The one, I had, had a switch on the front to switch to class A too. Class A is nice for low level listening at its best and great for Klipsch speakers!

• Like 1

I think ScottE is confused.

The receiver didn't blow out the subwoofer as it's merely sending a line level signal to the subwoofer amp;  the sub's amp failed or the driver

died. He needs a 12" subwoofer with a more powerful amp, or a second subwoofer.

The 12" Klipsch Reference Premier subwoofer should suffice as it has a higher rated output of 121dB and an amp rated at 400W continuous/800W peak.

I also recommend SVS and HSU Research.

Replacing the driver or the sub amp will revive it and save the landfill, but if you're going this route, just add another subwoofer in parallel as it's clear you

want more SPL than your current subwoofer can deliver. If you're lucky, once you determine whether the driver or amp is bad, Klipsch may have replacements,

or check eBay.

Don't replace the receiver as it's not dead, nor is it the issue.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Scott E said:

I'm looking for receiver suggestions for my Klipsch speakers.  I have 2 Heresy loudspeakers (1986)

As others have said, the HK730 Twin works great with Klipsch Heritage. If you want more power, you might try to score either a Luxman R117 or the R115. Old skule Marantz or Sansui do great with Klipsch too. 

How much are you looking to spend?
What do you plan to listen to?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

If you want new NAD 3050 is fantastic, in both sounds and looks.

For some more $$ Yamaha A-S2200

For Vintage, you can't go wrong with anything Marantz, Mcintosh or Technics

What is totally under the vintage price hike is Hitachi, they made the first MOSFET amps, that basically sounds like tube amps, but are easier to live with.

I have a full Hitachi 200w monster amp with an Hitachi pre, it looks as good as it sounds, and with my Forte speakers, I can't stay in the room with it at half volume due to the SPL.