"General ??" Topics in 2 Channel

lynnm

LynnM,

THat particular thread started out as a message to fellow 2-channel lurkers about one's daughter...it rapidly became something far different thanks TO many of the 2-channel lurkers. I tried numerous times to get them back on track and to post a thread elsewhere specifically for this soapbox spouting to no avail...so it looks like those same 2-channel lurkers seem to WANT this here...so.....good luck in YOUR attempt!! LOL!

Hi Andy !

I recognise that the "Daughter Deployed" thread was not intended to become a political thread but like Topsy Just "Growed That Way".

I have also noticed that there is a thread about that tragic nightclub fire in Rhode Island and another about Music to Nuke N. Korea By. Notwithstanding my sorrow regarding Warwick, I believe that such items do not belong in 2 - Channel but in the General area.

I am commenting now primarily in an attempt to enlist the cooperation of my fellow forum folk in preventing this topic area being turned into a free for all. Surely there is room on this board for purely audio concerns and interests - particularly as the General Forum has been provided for non-audio interests.

You've go my vote on that one.

I commented on it back when there was only a page and a half of crap and haven't looked at it since.

Just ignor it. If we can get everyone to ignor it, it will go away.

P.S. don't the moderators have the ability to move threads?

Fini hit that one on the head.

Besides, my 'nuke' topic was more of a joke, poking fun at the General Forum -- I then decided to go head and cut and paste the news article because it was interesting. If I would have posted it in General Forum, I'm not even sure anyone from 2-channel would have seen it -- and that was the audience I wanted.

Personally, I think the 2-channel section of this forum began a serious down-hill slide in quality postings when that damned HDBRbuilder interloper decided to make posts here that recommended the H/K 430 RECEIVER as a great bang for the buck to power Klipsch Heritage series speakers!! He sure had alot of nerve to jump into THIS section and spout-off about something being good that wasn't TUBE-POWERED!! Who the hell does he think he is, anyway??? He should have kept his butt in the General Questions section with the rest of the SOLID STATE bourgeoisie!!

I sure never had a problem with you popping in here with that recommendation. We all went tube crazy over here -- but I used solid state for a long time -- and still think it can sound real good. I'd rather have a HK 430 than a 3 watt amp.

Hey man, like...this is a free country, man. You can like post anything you want anywhere on these Klipsch Forums, dude! Like, if ya don't dig it, man...then don't like read it!

Far out, like crazy, man...9.gif

I am a solid state middle class american and proud of it.

I just love my noise boxes and depreciating dollars.

Nothing says "I care" better than 1000 watt mosfet amp and a pocket full of lint. 9.gif

I really would like to spend some time with a H/K 430.

The dual power supply has peaked my interest.

I was into my monster Sanyo dual power unit, until the left channel went up like a fuse.8.gif

(ya gotta love that ingenious engineering)

What was the topic, again?

John.

It means its getting boring in here again guys. See what happens when self-appointed audio authority figure Kelly isn't around as much to start dissing everything anyone says.

----------------

On 3/3/2003 1:14:20 PM lynnm wrote:

I recognise that the "Daughter Deployed" thread

I have also noticed that there is a thread about that tragic nightclub fire in Rhode Island and another about Music to Nuke N. Korea By. Notwithstanding my sorrow regarding Warwick, I believe that such items do not belong in 2 - Channel but in the General area.

----------------

lynnm,

While I agree that most of these subjects do not belong on a audio forum there are just times when they hit close to home and you find yourself compelled to discuss the subect with your peers, which was exactly why I posted the RI club fire.

I refrain from most of the non-audio topics myself but when you hear of subjects such as Deans sons' auto accident-Justins accident-or the threat of WWIII it just is much bigger than our hobby of Audio-don't you think?

After reading about most of you for the last 3 years I feel like I know most of you personally and we all know the the "real" people lurk over in 2 channel not in the general forum which is why I posted here.

I apoligize for getting off topic.

Jeff