Things have changed just as i thought

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why don't you have someone else store or use one pair for a couple of years. I know this sounds crazy, but if you wait a little while the kids will be old enough that you won't have to worry about them sharing space with the speakers.

Jim,

How about a Khorn in each corner, and hammocks strung between 'em? Of course, you only us 3 hammocks, so you have a way to get into the room!

Man, what a dilemma!

fini

Dammit, it sucks when you have a large (and growing) family, and no more room for your beloved Klipschorns. Obviously, moving into a much bigger place is out of the question...easier said than done (I have my own financial problems that keeps me from obtaining any Klipschorns/Belles/La Scalas, so I can understand where you're coming from).

And you will regret selling either pair of them! I know...the majority of my audio system's been sold, along with all my photography equipment and spare furniture...things that I doubt I'll ever get to replace again (how I miss not having a tube preamp or a 'table to enjoy my vinyl)! Others may say to stop being greedy and sell one pair of your Khorns...don't listen to them! YOU WILL REGRET SELLING EITHER PAIR...TRUST ME ON THIS!!

If push comes to shove, stack 'em like you planned, and use the extra top sections in the center (or at the very least, if you can afford to, put them in protective storage until such time that you can bring the stored pair back into your home).

Just don't sell them...ever!

If you do, sell them here on this Forum!

Jim, I will play devil's advocate for a moment. I would keep your favorite pair of k-horns and sell the others. later on, when the kids are bigger, etc. you can always pick up another pair, or perhaps some cornwalls...maybe they will be better tand cheaper than the pair you have now...who know's? You will regret selling the second pair but make up for it later with the joy of finding another great pair or replacing with another model (like the corns or belles or la scalas)in the meantime enjoy your main system and use something MUCH smaller in the second system. RB-5s? or pack away the second system until later. things change and we need to be flexible and change with them...my two cents. Tony

What the hell is a 'Family Counselor', and by what authority is this person operating that they can actually tell you to take your bunk beds apart -- and you actually comply!? It rates up there with one of the most ridiculous things I've ever heard.

"...we do take care of our kids, its the k-horns that they can't understand!"

This is an alarming statement. Who are 'they', and what does it matter if they "understand" your hobby and the associated K-horns? And what does this have to do with your kids?

Are these people part of a State Agency? If so, you better watch your back.

Jim,

I stored my Klipschorns for 27 years while living aboard and cruising on my sailboat. Now that I'm ashore again it is so great to have these speakers. Mighty glad that I stored them, as high quality speakers would not be in my present budget. We never know how our situations may change!

Rod

OH CRAP !!

Let's not turn another thread into another bottomless political sinkhole. I hear enough of this BS on Radio and on TV. It's getting that there is no place to avoid it .

A buddy of mine got paged and when he called the number he got a recorded message about the war. Where the hell can a guy get some peace these days ?

Give it a rest and let's stick to audio.