Hey, all...

chuckears

Congrats upon thee, chuckears, for you have the wisdom to not only timbre-match your center... but youe "lady chuckears" as well. If your posts are any indication, she is a lady of taste and discretion. A toast to you both, may you live long and Klipsch well together. =HornEd

PS: Next time she asks, "Where's the beef?" Pick up a choice Eye of the Round... prick it with a sharp fork... put it in a Ziploc bag with a bottle of your favorite marinade overnight... drain it well, pat dry and put it in a pre-heated oven at 500°... after fifteen minutes, turn off the heat but DON'T OPEN the oven door until another forty-five minutes. The results is a pefectly rare, tender and delicious hunk... Gee, that almost sounds like what that bride of 19 years calls chuckears! 2.gif

----------------

On 5/18/2003 7:45:32 AM chuckears wrote:

Congratulate me on 19 years of marriage, as of today...

----------------

partysmiley.gifparty.gifpartytime.gif

Very much congrats to you. 19 years, wow. I am coming up on 7 next month. Hope to make it to your milestone some day beerchug.gif

LOL, leave it to "Horn o' Plenty" Ed for his famous words of wisdom! Once HornEd has given you his blessing on your successful 19 years of blissful marriage, then you can peacefully pass away in your sleep the next morning, knowing that you have lived a meaningful life!12.gif

Way to go, chuckears. Most couples nowadays can't make it past 19 days, let alone 19 years! My folks will celebrate their 42nd year anniversary this Veterans Day (Nov. 11th), so it can be done. My mom still puts up with my dad's off-beat hobbies; a 19 rank pipe organ he spent 3 years building and installed in their 2-car garage to their house, all the old '40's and '50's cars my dad restored and sold, all the 35mm camera equipment and darkroom accessories, the gun collection he owned while in the Army (now sold), the 3 Harley-Davidsons he used to own (until a drunk driver almost took his life), all the turn-of-the-century antique gas engines (known as "turtlebacks") that my dad collected, restored, and later sold), and now all the vintage vacuum tube radios from the '20's thru the '50's that he collects, restores, and also sells on eBay (he's in the process of building me a brand new vacuum tube shortwave radio; I can't wait)! He also builds his own computers...my mom loves the fact that when her computer crashes, she doesn't have to call tech support to get it fixed!9.gif

----------------

On 5/18/2003 11:34:25 AM HornEd wrote:

Congrats upon thee, chuckears, for you have the wisdom to not only timbre-match your center... but youe "lady chuckears" as well. If your posts are any indication, she is a lady of taste and discretion. A toast to you both, may you live long and Klipsch well together. =HornEd

PS: Next time she asks, "Where's the beef?" Pick up a choice Eye of the Round... prick it with a sharp fork... put it in a Ziploc bag with a bottle of your favorite marinade overnight... drain it well, pat dry and put it in a pre-heated oven at 500°... after fifteen minutes, turn off the heat but DON'T OPEN the oven door until another forty-five minutes. The results is a pefectly rare, tender and delicious hunk... Gee, that almost sounds like what that bride of 19 years calls chuckears!
2.gif

----------------

Thanks to all for the best wishes;

and to HornEd for the cooking tip... sounds like you might have puttered around in the kitchen a bit yourself. I sort of make a living at it, so it naturally falls within my job description at home, as well. Your advice on placing the roast in a hot oven is a winner... it sears in the juices, and the high temp helps to start breaking down any tough tissues in the meat. Turning the heat off then helps the roast to rest to a nice tender state.

Perhaps we need a cooking section here at the Klipsch forum... the one at the Home Theater Spot seems to suffer from a lack of interest...

Oh, and hopefully, the "Where's the beef" inquiry will come later this evening, long after dinner is over... I suppose I will do my best to oblige...

Congrats on the anniversary!

My wife and I made 31 years on the 14th. We took a slight detour after the first five years and got divorced. We remarried within the year. It has only gotten better every year since. Obviously a long story there, but the short one is that God is good, very good.

Marvel

Not only have I put the "putter" to the kitchen... I've put the "driver" to a gourmet restaurant in one of my past ventures. When living in Paris, France, I studied the culinary arts and was the founder and executive chef of "Brambles" in its heydey. Sadly, the people to which I entrusted it only upped the prices and lowered the quality until market forces said "No Mas!"... something old customers and this old owner lament.

That method of cooking a Choice Eye-of-the-Round was derived from the classic restaurant method of roasting Prime Rib. Since the "Eye" is a smaller cut of meat and leaner by far than Prime Rib, and comes out perfectly rare in one hour it was a favorite by both my chef staff and our patrons. Including it in my anniversary toast to mr. & mrs. chuckears" was my way of saying have a healthier way to enjoy even the beefs of an obviusly fine marriage.

So, without further adieu, it's time to throw you both a few "bons"... Bon Appétit, Bon Anniversaire!! Bon Klipsch!!! =HornED

PS: I'll leave it to you, chuckears, to supply the bonbons! 9.gif