lynnm is Horny !!

lynnm

"PS...Oh, and did`nt mean to get so dramatic. I don`t believe in killing elephants either"

Don't be too hard on yourself - Ivory can be made into some damned nice combs and logos. In any event I have some nice mitts courtesy of Bambi's mother . They are lined with Thumper's arse fur !9.gif

----------------

On 5/20/2003 10:04:47 AM lynnm wrote:

My wife commented "It's like the whole room is a speaker." That is an apt description.

----------------

Your K-horns must really rock... I don't know about you, but it isn't easy getting an "audio oriented" compliment from our girlfriends / wives. I know the feeling... my girlfriend and I watched the Matrix at home before going to the Paramont Megaplex theatre the see the sequel, after which she said "the new one sounds kind of flat" ... 9.gif9.gif

Feels good when it does happen though...

----------------

On 5/20/2003 6:19:43 AM lynnm wrote:

Before and after pics will be coming soon.

My God they sound good.
----------------

Lynn,

I'm not sure what you were listening to before the Khorns. Would you mind to share your initial impressions in contrast? As one on the search for the right Khorns, and wondering, "just how much better than La Scalas could they be?" ...sure would appreciate to hear your take on it.

Thanks and again, congrats on getting your Khorns home w/o damaging the speakers or the seller! 9.gif

Dee

Jim

Thanks for the suggestion regarding a second pair but I think I'll try and stay married 9.gif

Initial impressions:

Gott in Himmel!!

The bass response is breathtakingly rich and absolutely seamlessly integrated with the midrange and tweeter.One does not get any sense of this is coming mainly from the mid horn and that from the woofer etc. The midrange and treble are open,airy and exhibit a velvety smoothness.

To mix and mangle a metaphor by way of comparison think of the Khorn mid as being like an Irish Cream with the KLF30 mids being like a really great bourbon in soda - My research has esshtablished that thass the trooff!

These are the only speakers I have ever heard that quite literally seem to disappear and leave only the music behind. Imaging is decent but the speakers are not ideally situated as yet as I need to build a false corner in order to provide them with some more working room.

I had been using and thoroughly enjoying my KLF30's but as good as the 30's are they are outclassed by dem big 'ol horns although I admit that the 30's arguably may have a little more punch in the mid-bass.

Khorns driven by a quality tube amp and fed with good source materials provide musical reproduction that I defy anyone to equal short of installing the system in a room that has been specifically built for the ultimate in acoustic quality.

Thanks Bob

I think I got a good but not a great deal as I am having to do a lot of work to get these sweethearts in shape but fortunately the drivers and Xovers etc are working fine - so the cosmetic resurrection is well worth the effort. That said once I have brought them up to standard they will be worth about C$3500.00 against a total cost of about C$2500.00

That of course is a moot point because I am rescuing them for my own use and enjoyment and they will not come onto the market again unless I find a better pair at one hello of a price or go TU ( I have made a special effort to ensure that my wife understands that our stereo system is an exceptional item and that Push Come to Shove she should seek advice from my friends here on the forum as to how best dispose of it).

My God they sound sweet!

Congrats, lynnm ! I haven't checked the board in a while, but I will send the pics and the book back to you SOON. I have yet to get them developed. I hope you don't have any more bad luck, it can only get better. Klipschorns are not merely speakers, they are precision musical instruments.