lynnm is Horny !!

lynnm

I FINALLY GOT MY HORNS

Would you believe that Murphy went at me once again ?

My Horns were due to be delivered somewhere between noon and 3:00 on May 18,2003 C.O.D. I called the seller at 3:00 to check on his whereabouts. He hadn't left Kelowna British Columbia because it was raining and he was now demanding delivery expenses up front because a friend had suggested that I might be jerking him around !!

Can Y'all Spell Pissed !!

I was luckily able to make arrangements with Hertz ( on the Sunday of a holiday weekend no less ! Suprised or what ? ) - for a van and then called BOZO back. He guaranteed that the Horns would be available to me on arrival the next morning.

I made that drive and found that speakers were somewhat worse cosmetically than described but are nonetheless still easily restorable. I gave him the agreed C$2K and took them home.That was probably a very good thing for both of us because I might have wound up doing time had they been any worse cosmetically or functionally than what I found.

They are perfect sonically and the cosmetic help they require is well within my capabilities.

These things simply disappear when the music starts!

They are the culmination of my search.

lynnm,

Congrats on the new horns. I had the pleasure of listening to a pair at JM's (of the forum) house last Wednesday. Wow! they were great. BTW, I once had a problem with a guy from Kelowna. Pretty area but maybe there is something in the water.

Enjoy the great sound.

Lynnm,

Congrats on finally completing Your dream. Durning your story I thought of your signature- Great Green Heron rarely flies-- and added- into someones face....................... and please post pictures, as m00n suggested...........

Lynn - Awesome! I have seen so many people in the last month or two hook up with their dream speakers including myself! It does not get much better than this. The icing on my cake was getting a pair of La Scala's for my rears for $400 in lacquered birch, life is good! Congrats on your purchase and post a few photos. What finish are they, year, grill color, etc? Inquiring minds want to know. 9.gif

"I have seen so many people in the last month or two hook up with their dream speakers including myself! It does not get much better than this."

It's the "spring fling" folks!!! One thing I can definitely attest to is that spring IS the time to be looking. People are focusing on outdoor activities, they move, have a large tax bill, or are just clearing out the unwanted stuff.

OTOH, fall tends to be when prices are higher - people begin to focus on indoor activities, and of course, the arrival of the Holiday season. So, the moral to the story? Buy in spring, sell in fall.

And Lynn, congratulations on finding those elusive horns9.gif

"What finish are they, year, grill color, etc? Inquiring minds want to know."

They were advertised as 1980 models but they are actually 1982 "B" style in Birch Raw - sort of a darkish custard brown. Grills are black.

It is going take some work to get them looking decent - They obviously have not had an easy life. I will be starting the refurb tonight.

They do sound lovely - My wife commented "It's like the whole room is a speaker." That is an apt description. They are open and airy and utterly transparent. They simply seem to disappear when the music starts.

Congrats Lynn! Nice to know that even though Mr. Murphy was along for the ride, you didn't let him in the car. Can't wait to see the pics. I really like the "B" series with the riser between the two cabinets.

Have fun refurb'ing them, it will be a labor of love. I sorta felt that way while working on my pair. They certainly do sing when given a chance. And it is quite amazing how many here have been able to find their dream speakers. Maybe this year won't turn out so bad after all!

Let me hasten to add my "CONGRATS" to the long list of "lynnm appreciation society." Horns not only create sounds that cones can't... they offer directional control that even the latest and greatest WDST implementation can't muster.

You gotta realize, lynnm, it's the tooth fairy that exchanges a quarter for an eye tooth... and the Maple Leaf Elf that lends anEAR(s) to our SUB set... but even the spirit of PWK can't seem to get vintage Klipschorns into newly appreciative hands. It's a good thing you have had all that commute practice to get yourself ready for your K-Horn Rescue Run. At least "Murphy" left more loudspeaker for you than the Klez left on the hardrive for me!

Enjoy, my friend, close your eyes and enjoy! It would be a great boon to all "Klipsch Forumdom" if you would take before and after photos and describe the cosmetic processes within your grasp. There's more than a few Klipsch Folk that would like to know. =HornED

Congrats lynnm. Good things come to those who wait. After all the B.S. you have gone through with done deals falling through etc. I am sure you will appreciate your Khorns even more. It is a bummer that the Bozo peckerwood seller exaggerated the cosmetic condition of the speakers. It will be a labor of love when you get the Khorns refinished. Enjoy the sonic

splendor.

Regards, Mike

lynnm,

Congratulation on your Klipschorn purchase from a fellow K-horn owner to another!

I know you been looking for quite some time so you really must be estactic over this purchase,kinda reminds me of James D McCalls wait for his Belles with the same end result.

Waiting to see those pics...

Jeff

Lynnm, I`ve been reading your posts for a year now. Like a elephant hunter in the Congo you have stalked your prey time and time again. I would always click over to ebay to take a look at your target and follow till the bitter end. Finally you did it. Congratulations. Can`t wait to see the results of the hunt.

PS...Oh, and did`nt mean to get so dramatic. I don`t believe in killing elephants either.1.gif