299 on eBay BIN 279.95

dodger

This guy doesn't use the greatest parts but I'm sure it will be reliable and the price is absolutely right !! I'm going to give it a few hours for others on here to grab it or I'm going to for sure !!

Heck the guy has a Fisher 400 up for a great price also !

Craig

SOB! Man I am tempted! I would love to have it, having heard from all the other folks on this BB that have them. I just don't have another room to put it in right now. I would love to use it with a pair of Heresy II's and my Technics turntable and DBX DX-5 analog CD player. It is certainly in my price range. Geez if I didn't have to shell out all these bucks for my automotive repairs I think I would have taken the plunge. Such is life. Hopefully, it will go to a Forum member or become a member of Craig's collection. Thanks for posting it Dodger. Someday I will have a tube amp for my Heritage speakers.

Well I'm pretty sure it was a forum member because his only other eBay purchase was a minty set of Lascala's. Boy is he in for a treat !! It will be interesting if he uses it for a while and then lets me put some great parts in it and see what he thinks of the difference.

Craig

OK, the jig's up. It was me. I'm Mark and I'm a stereoholic.

You guys are a bad influence. In two days I bought a 222A, and now a 299B.

I think I'm developing a problem. I may be making up for lost time since I was divorced last year (after 15 years.) The stereo was big before, shrank during, and now is growing rapidly before it happens again (marriage).

I kinda feel bad that I stepped in and grabbed the 299, but I did wait a while. It took me a little while to figure out it was a B. Then, I acted in proud selfishness (thanks Craig!).

These amps better sound good. Actually, I just hope I eventually get them. So far neither seller has answered my messaging yet. But they both had tremendous feedback. So hopefully things will be OK.

And to think it started with the LaScalas. I drove 13 hours round trip up to Va. for those. I just couldn't be satisfied with the corns after all these years.

OK, I feel better now for coming clean.

----------------

On 8/4/2003 9:43:18 PM guy landau wrote:

I think that it's time to stop using this place for promotional purposes.

No offense.

----------------

I've heard this type of comment before and I personally have no problem with Craig's post. He has done so much for the forum members here. He's increased the listening pleasure at a very reasonable price for forum folks who otherwise never would have had the chance to experience the joy of tube amplification.

He does this at a discount for us and he backs his work. In addition, he will spend whatever time (on his dime) as neccessary to make sure you bias your amp correctly or give any advice he can (especially to us tube newbies).

Many here sell equipment and I haven't heard a peep about that.

Anyway, he's done right by me and many, many others and that's my stance on the issue, like it or not.

Guys,

I was answering Craig's post and a bunch of you beat me to the submit button.

Obviously, I was joking around.

But seriously, I saw the amp myself on EBay today. I had just bought a 222A the day before, researched the entire Scott product line up. So, I new what it was. And I know all you guys buy the 299s and not the 222s so much. I read on this forum alot.

What I don't know yet is what great pricing is on these classic products. I'm here to learn and share what I can.

I'm here mostly because I share the passion for this Klipsch hobby like you all do. And after 25 years have discovered a way to get a whole new sound and performance out of my speakers with these tube amps. (I actually bought a new Classic 50/50 2 weeks ago). So I know the direction to go now.

Thanks to Craig and you others who are leaders here providing information so everyone else can be a little better off.

If these amps ever show up, I'll pass on any information I discover that can be helpful.

Mark,

Same here. 23 years owning cornwalls and 3 months of enjoying them at a whole new level. Quite amazing! I'm kind of glad I didn't discover tubes years ago. It's nice at this point in my life having renewed enthusiasm in audio. My kids are basically grown now and I have the time and funds to really have fun. It's also a learning process and I've made some mistakes but only minor ones thank goodness.

----------------

On 8/4/2003 9:43:18 PM guy landau wrote:

I think that it's time to stop using this place for promotional purposes.

No offense.

----------------

I agree with Garymd 100%. Ya see, we have Scott 299s that were worked on by Craig and the sound is UFB. 99% of Craig's post are of an informational nature. If he wants to plug his work once in a while - well it's ok with me.

The ridicules thing about the entire statement is that if anyone is here posting for purely promotional monetary reasons its HH Scott !! The guy doesn't even own Klipsch speakers never has and probably never will !

give me a break

Craig

----------------

On 8/4/2003 10:02:00 PM mark1101 wrote:

OK, the jig's up. It was me. I'm Mark and I'm a stereoholic.

HI MARK, WELCOME!9.gif

Guy, I'd just want to say that I agree that the forum should not be used for self promotion, but if it was in this thread, I missed it.

Best regards,

Dee

Oh c'mon people. Craig does this for the love of the tube, not for the monetary gain. I don't believe for one minute he's getting rich with the limited amount of people here on the Klipsch forum. I know of no retirement plans for tube repairmen. This hobby probably cost him money. Hell, he was offered free tubes, but told the guy (can't remember who) the tubes were worth money and wouldn't take them for free. Yea, that sounds like a money ***** to me.2.gif I have read with great interest both of ya'lls postings and appreciate all points of view, but to make such accusations goes beyond disagreement. Please keep posting great deals you all find. I wish I could have snatched a great deal like a 299 for $279 but I had to spend $360.

We are adults here. Craig is not forcing us to send these amps to him. We know his track record and that's why we do it.

The amout of time Craig puts into each rebuild probably affords him a very modest salary. Actually, I don't know how he feeds his family based on what he charges. He certainly is not greedy. I'm sure Ryan is good at this trade also. I just happened to know more people who had theirs rebuilt by Craig and they were all very pleased with the outcome. I didn't know Ryan existed when I had mine rebuilt.

It took 3 months of looking before I actually bid on my 299b. Craig helped me from start to finish. He could have advised me to buy a piece of junk 2 months earlier that would have put more money in his pocket to rebuild but he gave me good advice and I ended up with one that had good tubes, a nice cabinet and was in overall great condition.

That's not greed in my book. He loves his work and he loves helping people. I think he gets almost as much enjoyment as we do when we call him grinning from ear to ear as we listen to our newly rebuilt amps.