Want To Buy........

Gilbert

I'm interested in purchasing Klipsch's Cornwall or Khorn speakers with Brazilian Rosewood veneers. If you have these speakers and their in Very Good to Mint condition, let me know how much you want. I'll pick'em up at your door step, with cash in hand.

If you don't get any replies, it probably is because you are asking for some rather rare beasts.

Another option that my be possible is to buy a pair of k-horns or Cornwalls and have a local wood worker put on the desired veneer for you. This may be cheaper than picking up a pair located fay away.

I'd go for the K-horns if you are going to do this.

Although it pains me to do so, I have decided to part with my much loved and prized Brazilian Rosewood Veneer 1977 Cornwalls(please give me three weeks). Although they bring me immense joy and sonic satisfaction, the thought of another budding music lover hearing musical gold gives me feelings of hope and joy.

Look forward to seeing you at my doorstep on the east coast of NC with only $7,650 in hand. These beauties need a good home.

kh

So what would you buy to replace them with your ~$7K? As much as that may sound for Cornwall it isn't a big budget for new speakers...about the price of the new Sonus Faber Cermonas I think...mbl 300e at a big discount, etc.

Although I don't have the exotic wood today, my Corns and pretty much all my HiFi is for sale "if the price is right!".

- Bob Barker

For that amount of money, I would drive them to your door, bring them into your house, set them up and throw in Kelly's Moondogs to boot.9.gif

Seriously, get a pair of Cornwalls and have a experienced woodworker/veneer installer finish them for you and enjoy. That way you can stain them and specify the amount of gloss you want on the finish. A cheaper solution.1.gif

----------------

On 8/22/2003 7:50:13 PM mobile homeless wrote:

Indeed. I am feeling faint myself from the
Good Will

----------------

Hmmm. Always had you pegged as a Salvation Army man. Either place, the smell can get to you...

fini

OOooouuph! Does that include vasiline? $7650 MAKES MY GONADS ACHE!

If the dollar values quoted above are truly indicative of the price for those babies, I better wait for a more desperate soul.

For the Corns in brizilian rosewood I was guessing(?6.gif) between $2000 to $4500, depending on condition and your location. $4500 would be absolutely mint (of course), and a driving distance of ooh, 500miles oneway. Does this seem way out of line? Too high possibly?

As a owner of 6 Cornwalls currently for a HT project in 2004. Yes, a high price..and no..none of mine are 4 sale. But, they sound ohhh so nice. Chris Robinson did Cherry Cornwalls stained decorator models style and they are STILL my favorite ones on the BB. I think the Brazillian Zebrawood might only (maybe) top his beautiful job!!

I am telling you...if you have never heard them before...Older Cornwall I's or older what was called Cornwall II's(veritcal horns) are incredible!!

The fact of the matter is that Gilbert already owns two pair of the vertical Cornwalls, a pair of '67's and a pair of '68's along with a pair of '90 Khorns and a pair of '90 Cornwall II's so he is by no means Klipschless. Geez I have turned him into a Klipsch monster out there gobbling up Klipsch speakers. I think he has fallen truly in love with the Cornwalls though. I have not heard the Corns myself but since I actually prefer the speed and response of the fully horn loaded designs like the La Scala and Belle. I would take the advice of the other forum members on this one and have a professional woodworker rework possibly the '67's to a different veneer type. The Cornwall would certainly be alot easier to do than a Belle, La Scala or Khorn. There is a ton of exotic veneer choices, however since have Brazilian Rosewood is not legal for sale or trade it would not be an option for you. Type veneer in the search string on eBay and see the tons of choices available. I would definately go the rework route since the components of a Brazilian Rosewood pair would be identical to what you have that is if you could even locate at pair with the vertical horn orientation. I eventually plan to have my three La Scala's reveneered to match my Khorns in Oak Oil should be stunning!

CB, it is legal to buy, sell,or trade pre-ban Brazilian Rose Wood products. Key word being "Pre-Ban". In fact, you can still purchase Brazilian Rosewood planks. I've checked into it.

Check out: http://www.cookwoods.com/

Anyway, IndyKlipsch is making me consider zebra wood or some other exotic. That's my key word I guess, exotic. I just want a pair (or 2 pair) of Klipsch's Heritage in some beautiful exotic wood.

Soooooo, if any of you guys has a pair with beautiful exotic wood, and would consider selling them, or possibly a partial trade for my pair of 1990 OO-Corns (excellent condition) plus some cash, I'm your man/dude.

HEY! Tbabb, where are you located. Also, all you guys with the beautiful wood (not woody), were are your photos. Show them off with some cool photos.

Garymd has a stunning pair in Zebrawood there are photos on this forum somewhere type zebrawood in the search field and see if they pop up, but I personally like the darker finish of the Brazilian Rosewood or equivalent. There are veneers out there are very close to the grain styling of the Brazilian Rosewood. I am not sure of all the exotic finishes that Klipsch offered over the years. Maybe Andy (HDBRbuilder could chime in) he would certainly know. I have seen a list of some of the finishes offered somewhere perhaps on some of the price sheets posted. It is doubtful that anyone possessing Cornwalls in Brazilian Rosewood would be willing to part with them. Good luck Bro! There are a ton of choices to have those Corns refinished in.