What are you listening to?

joshnich

Guest Anonymous

Tonight watched saving Nemo, than put on Eagles Hotel California, Best of War"cisco kid", Dark side of the Moon, and ended with ol blue eyes Sinatra and chicago, chicago that ....I don't know what it is, but i'm just stuck in the past..

2.gif Smilin

Just got out of the music room..it was Nickelback "Silver Side Up", Joni Mitchell "Hejira" and "Mingus"John Mellencamp "Uh Huh" Rod Stewart "Every Picture Tells A Story", Rolling Stones "Voodoo Lounge" and a whole lotta other stuff..I like the new, but always revert to the old..back and forth, forth and back..waiting for me "new" gear to arrive though..I erroneously sold my Assemblage 300B SET amp this summer..but the gentleman I sold it to needs more power so I bought it back! Should get it this week! I am salivating..best amp I ever had..and I bought a Rega Planet CD player on eBay..took Kelly's advice on this one..and I can't wait to hear it..next weekend is gonna be a blast!

Happy listening all,

Steve

Steve-

That period of Joni Mitchell is some of my favorite stuff ever. Mingus, Hejira, and the live Shadows and Light are unique examples of musicianship and artistry. There are some portions of the live album I could do without, however (doo-***). I think her friendship with Charles Mingus really affected her personally and artistically.

On topic-

Been listening to

Edie Brickell & New Bohemians - "Shooting Rubberbands at the Stars"

Travis - "The Invisible Band"

The Odds - "Good Weird Feeling"

Sloan - "Pretty Together"

I've got the Aiwa HT reciever in as backup while the 299 is on the bench. Uninspiring!! BTW, I sold the old HT rig to my brother, he was just looking for something to do 5.1. Good thing, I think the N28 are undervalued out there (even for what they are). I got my money back out of them, if he ever pays me.

Ben

Hi Ben

yes, I have Shadows and Light too..hey, the concert just came out on DVD and they did a pretty good jpb of it..Lyle Mays and Pat Metheny look like teenagers there! Hell, maybe they are!! Worth a look if you get the chance!

I did put a 16 x 9 widescreen Toshiba in my music room,(probably sacrelig to some) but I just watch DVD music concerts..all in 2 channel..the surround system is in the house, and that's just fine for regular movies. Not in the music room though!!

Regards,

Steve

"Those are some great made-up names!  What are you really listening to?"

Are you being serious? You haven't even HEARD of X or Roky Erickson & The 13th Floor Elevators? Julianna Hatfield & the Blake Babies?

Billy Cobham-Spectrum

Adrian Sherwood-Never Trust A Hippy

Built To Spill-Keep It Like A Secret

Shudder To Think-Get Your Goat

Hope Sandoval & The Warm Inventions- Bavarian Fruit Bread

Kill Bill Soundtrack

T. Rex-The Slider

Michael Stearns-Encounter

Deep Listening Band

Le Tigre-Le Tigre

Godspeed You Black Emperor-Lift Your Skinny Fists Like Antennas To Heaven

Miles Davis-On The Corner & In A Silent Way

Coil-Hellraiser Themes

DJ Shadow-Endtroducing

Squirrel Bait-Squirrel Bait

Big Black-Songs About F@cking

Kraftwerk-Computer World & Man Machine

Eric Dolphy-Out To Lunch

Keith Jarret-Vienna & Kohn Concerts

Aphex Twin stuff

Future Sound Of London-Lifeforms & Dead Cities

Scrog

Pixies

This Mortal Coil

Sisters Of Mercy-Some Girls Wander By Mistake

John Fahey

Thor-Fields Of Innards(local homeless ambient musician who rides around town on his bicycle wearing a berzerker viking helmet and a Ted Nugent loincloth. He's also in the band Shearwater)

No Journey, Styx, Foghat, Foreigner, Krall, Norah Jones, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Joe Satriani, Steely Dan, Gino Vanelli, Dave Koz or Boz Scaggs.

I finally found it! My Hot Tuna album that is. Gotta love it! Also appearing tonight: Fleetwood Mac( Original) "Kilnhouse"; The Mamas & Papas; Tubular Bells;The Dead; "Terrapin Station";Niel Young "Harvest";Santana"Abraxas" and if time "Live Dead" with the fifteen minute "Love Light".

Rick

Well, I HEARD of a few of them (I think...but it may have been a dream), but I haven't HEARD them. I'm not very hip. I loved the SCTV spoof of Gino Vanelli, though. Every time he spun around he was, like, twice as hairy. Ended up semi-wolfish.

You HAVE heard of SCTV, haven't you?

fini

----------------

On 11/8/2003 8:23:48 PM 3dzapper wrote:

I finally found it! My Hot Tuna album that is. Gotta love it! Also appearing tonight: Fleetwood Mac( Original) "Kilnhouse"; The Mamas & Papas; Tubular Bells;The Dead; "Terrapin Station";Niel Young "Harvest";Santana"Abraxas" and if time "Live Dead" with the fifteen minute "Love Light".

Rick

----------------

Coincidence? I'm right now listening to Harvest with Live Dead in the waiting. I wish I had Terrapin on vinyl. The cd is a horrible recording.

Great minds think alike.2.gif

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...