What other hobbies R U into?

BigBusa

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you want sounds and smells you need to go to an NHRA event and hear real motors,,lol,,,,hey cool pinball machines love them...i have british sports car,,,ride bicycles,,,have more hobbies but not enough money to do them all...lol...would like to do more R/C planes,cars,,,,,also into slotcars but no tracks around here anymore,still got old slotcar track from when i was a kid,,,,rick...if had the money would have a motorcycle oh well maybe some day

My hobbies ? I am way into photography and you can see my pitiful website here: http://www.kuzielphotography.50megs.com

I am also a NRA certified pistol instructor and like to shoot all sorts of assorted firearms.

I went to Paier College of Art and was trained as a Illustrator although I don't draw and paint as much as I used to (Youngest daughter occupies old studio space).

Other than that I do enjoy good cigars.

I love motorcycles (harley davidson) no rice burners!! I bowl every Sunday night, and play golf every chance that I can get. My second job is the US Army reserves, one weekend a month, other than that listen to my klipsch as loud as possible3.gif oh and try to spend as much time with wife too!!!

Other than building my theater, I can't say I have any other hobbies. Between my family, work and building my theater I don't have time for anything else. However, now that my son is getting a bit older (5 years old) I am thinking about getting him into model rocket building. I used to love building rockets. I think that would be a lot of fun to do with him.

Shooting (anyone seeing a common theme?)

Photography

Cars (bigtime, I like Posche's and driving a stick)

Audio/HT (duh!)

Computers (every aspect)

Petting our cat (he is just so soft)

That sort of stuff. The problem being, I'm a poor college kid and don't have cash for some RF-35's, Browning A-Bolt, Canon Digital Rebel, etc...

3dzapper I have a good friend from maine who is really into archery. His name is Jay Spencer. He gets around to many of the top level shoots in new england. Do you know or know of him?

Poindexter yes my name was inspired by my last motorcycle. A 2000 hayabusa that I bought new. I rode it for 1.5 summers and finally sold it. I was either going to end up in jail or dead if I kept riding it.

The 250cc honda Helix scooter I own now is great while my license recuporates. 3.gif

Hobbies??? Hmmmmm......

Competitive tennis 3 times a week provides some degree of exercise and justifies beer consumption. 1.gif

Boating has always been a fav even though I'm boatless right now. 8.gif

I love just about any sort of motor sports from flying to NASCAR to swamp buggies to Formula One.

Audio has always fascinated me and I love music.

Use to fly airplanes, but just grew apart from it for whatever reasons.

Motorcycles got into my blood at an early age and has never left. Owned several bike through the years and currently have three: a '94 Kawasaki ZX9R, an '03 Yamaha FJR1300, and a '90 Honda NS50. In fact, here I am in real life!

Fun Run 001.jpg

Tom

3DZAP

Archery is a big part of my life as well, especially this time of year! I try to spend as much time as I can in my tree stand.

My uncle is Walter Rueger. If your part of or know of the International Field Archery Association you know who he is.

My bow is strictly for hunting. At 64 lbs (just in case a P&Y scoring buck wanders into range) and 60% let off, Im lucky if I can shoot 15-20 arrows in a row before loosing accuracy. In my archery only the first arrow counts anyway.

As for my other hobbies - Sport flying and hunting round our my life. With young kids, all that is on the back burner for now.

JM

I enjoy taking my wife shopping. Usually we will get up early one day during the week and go out for breakfast. Then we'll hit several major clothing stores looking for clothes, lingerie, handbags and shoes, most of which she never wears. I have always had this nack for finding clothes that she really likes and probably would have never picked out for herself. She has this bad habit of pulling an item off the rack and looking first at the price tag. I tell her not to worry about the price, just find something that she really likes and to let me worry about the cost.

Most of the time we will shop until she gets tired and wants to go home. Sometimes she will hang in there with me and shop until closing time. Then we'll go home and I'll cook a big dinner fo her while she watches TV. After dinner I'll unwrap her new bounty and total up the days expenditure. Moments later I'm on the phone reporting for work. That's part of the reason that I've worked over 400 days a year for the past 26 years.

Sometimes I get tired of working the long hours that I do, but then I think of all those sales that will be coming up the next week and I get my second wind. Sure is nice to spend a little money on someone else that gives so much.

Keith

I fish. A lot. Three-four days a week, minimum. Managed to make it to the Minnesota State B.A.S.S. tournament last two years. (BTY, you can't pay to get there, you need to qualify for it through local tournaments.) Although I didn't make the State team, still had a good time. I enjoy photography when I have the time and inclination, two Minolta SLR's, one for B/W, one for color. Also into R/C boats, have a 48" Insane Mono w/a Ron Buck full modded gas motor that runs 58-59 MPH on GPS on a good day. I like to read, though mostly technical stuff, not into novels or sci-fi. Enjoy watching most types auto racing, if I wasn't doing automotive work 50 hours a week in my job, I'd probably run a car at Brainerd International Raceway, about 35 miles from me. SCCA, maybe something like a 944 Turbo. Not all that expensive, racing wise, but still enough balls to let you are in a RACE car, not a Dodge Neon or Ford Focus with a couple decals on the side. Sure, I'd prefer a F355 Challange or GTSR, only thing holding me back would be the $150,000. 9.gif

I love MUSIC! Besides my audio addition, I also play traditional types of folk music, do a little live recording and lots of jamming. I play in two bands as well as solo. I also like to build instruments and speakers, as well as modify tube amps.

Other hobbies include motorcycling and photography, home theatre and going to the movies with my wife. I was into model railroading, model boats and model planes many years back, but had to give up a few hobbies along the way.

Dave

1.gif

My site

http://www.geocities.com/the_hurdy_gurdyman/

Wow - active folks. I tend jump around on my passions based on the season and opportunity, so here goes:

Tinkering with the BMW Z3 - 1997 2.8 w/several mods over the past six years.

Tinkering with the Ibus and electronics in the BMW 740i

Hunting (just went out with the bow this weekend) w/Bow/shotgun/rifle

Fishing, when I can

Speaker building (electronics next)

Photography - my wife is better at it - with our own darkroom

Charity - board and volunteer work

Woodwork - Darn Speaker building started that, building a wall cabinet this next weekend

Hey BigBusa - got a pinball machine (an old SkyJump) and an old Asteroids game.