• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

----------------

On 12/14/2003 2:05:42 PM boomac wrote:

Great news for Iraq

Great news for the USA

Great news for the World

----------------

Well said,and bad news for terrorist who needed a pal with lotsa oil and cash.

What a bunch of nonsense news, you would of thought that space aliens from Galaxy Arwana were defeated by nuclear weapons shot from North Dakota with all the press this is getting. Just another Iraqui criminal caught, so what if he's the big cheese. See how many more of our soldiers are killed now...

Frankly, it would have been better if he had been killed. The last thing we would need is for some "loyalist" to kidnap any of our citizens as a hostage. The sooner the Iraqis deal with him themselves, the better. We can deal with retailiation better than we can deal with hostages. History proves that.

----------------

On 12/14/2003 3:19:56 PM space_cowboy wrote:

What a bunch of nonsense news, you would of thought that space aliens from Galaxy Arwana were defeated by nuclear weapons shot from North Dakota with all the press this is getting. Just another Iraqui criminal caught, so what if he's the big cheese. See how many more of our soldiers are killed now...

----------------

Absurd. This is big news.

I hate to tell the democrat's this but Bush is now unbeatable in the up coming election. I bet every democratic candidate is privately depressed as hell! The only sweater possible event for the Bush campaign will be if they now make Saddam spill his guts about his weapons programs and what happened to them. Then I think they should announce a vote with various choices for the Iraqi public to decide what to do with him. I think a public stoning to death is very appropriate and what the Iraqi public deserves to get some form of closure with this insane fool.

<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

I think a few beers are in order tonight to celebrate

Cheers Craig

Man, wouldn't you just love to be a fly on the wall where they are holding him. Hell, I would like to have been there for the entire ordeal. Can you imagine the adrenaline rush the solders must have had to be digging to get him out of that hole? Blood must have been racing through their veins.

That ol boy can grow a beard fast too... Look how long it grew in 8 months.

There really is a lot of WOW factor in this story. Just think about it. 8~9 months ago he was living in lavish palaces. He had huge fortified bunkers to hide in. He had servents, money, weath beyond belief. A real silver spoon life. Now look at where they find him today... All that lavish is gone. He went from all that with his massive underground bunkers to a small tiny little hole in the ground with rats and mice...

This must be one of the greatest downfalls of a human history.

"Knee-jerk". "Easily manipulated". "Saps".

These must be just a few of the appraisals of these gung-ho comments by the right's propaganda machine (in affilition with their pawns, the American media).

I say So what, The Return of the King comes out in 3 days, and it's going to kick unholy *** from here to next century.

(BTW, I wonder if they'll find those phantom WMD's in Hussein's ***? You remember those... the supposed reason we fought this little war?)

The Saddamster on each news channel around the globe!

The medical examination was hilarious,most of the channels had only eyes for SADDAM.Man he is a celebrity now,who else can capture the moment like this?

I say trial him and sentence him to DEATH by dragging behind a rusty pickup in the streets of Baghdad.

Best of all Saddam said to his people to die with honnor,he has none as he was captured like a worm he is.I say drag his carcass untill his head falls off.

No pitty for this tyrant

I got home from work at 3 AM local time last night (this morning) and there was a Fox News Alert on their site for 'Saddam Captured in Iraq' - I turned on the TV and it was confirmed.

Good. I hope this will make the Iraqi people a little more confident in electing and keeping their own government (not the one that has been forced upon them for the last 20 years)

Yep - glad here too. I was worried we would have another ellusive villian on the loose and possibly able to garner more support from the poor (those that have little else to lose).

It is my sincerest hope (and belief) that this will go a long way to slow the killing in Iraq. No more real fear that the old regine can rise again. The thugs will have no solid fear basis for their bullyism. Saddam deserves to die...

And Craig - as a democrat, I wasn't so convinced before that Bush was beatable. I darn sure don't agree with his economic policy, but it doesn't seem to bother enough folks...

We all should celebrate at least a little - this is a decent thing for the world.

Sorry boys...

As much as I'm with you on this...

One man does not make an empire... nor does he have control over hundreds of years of thought, religion, social interaction, military tactics, political zealotism.....Just wondering what "This year's Middle East Model" will be. Like the capture of Saddam will really make a difference in the way Middle Eastern politics will go short term...

I dunno.