It's All Going to Go

Enough tears have been shed, just going to have to live with this.

My family is going to have to move back to the Cayman Islands and sell most everything we have in America. The economic axe finally hit our family. With our largest source of income out of the picture, my family is going to head back to Grand Cayman and start over. Hopefully I will be able to stay at Mizzou.

Another thread cut in the roap I call my life. Not many strands left. Funny way God likes to treat me. Health problems, family issues, harrasment, betrayal, this...

Man, sorry to hear that Justin. Thanks for everything that you have done for the folks here on this Forum. Yep life is one big series of ups and downs and god knows that I have had my share of highs and lows. Life sucks but we go on living, we have to. Don't let it get the best of you though man, it will get better. I have been at the bottom looking up enough times to know that it is true. I hope that things work out in your best interest!

Justin....

Sorry to hear about your families troubles. 8.gif

To address you personally? You still have a lot of years to get it figured out. You have a good head on your shoulders, you will do just fine! I wish more youth had your good nature and maturity. 1.gif

----------------

On 3/2/2004 1:59:09 PM DeanG wrote:

"Funny way God likes to treat me. Health problems, family issues, harrasment, betrayal, this..."

So, since you recognize the source of your misery -- have you taken it up with Him yet?

----------------

justin-

i also hope for better days for you, and that you will be able to stay in touch on this bb.

i don't want to get too 'heavy' not knowing your spiritual background, but dean made a valid point IMO.

i have been told and experienced that God won't give you a burden that is too heavy to carry without making a way to handle it IF YOU ASK FOR His HELP.

sincerely,avman1.gif

Normally I would shy away from a response like this - but not today.

Justin...I've not conversed with you any where near what some others here have. But I nonetheless feel I know you. God has a plan for us and many times it's not always clear. Sometimes it happens in a big way and other times it's just a whispered thought just before you fall asleep. I can't tell you how many times in my life I've been in a situation that seemed a bit hopeless and then, bang...out of the clear blue something positive happens. Once I was literally broke after having to pay a huge chunk of $$ to my mortgage company due to a shortage in my escrow account. A divorce, bills, etc. (long story) left me with around $50 to my name for the month. I asked God not for money, but for the strength & wisdom to make it through. The next day I needed some info about my pickemup truck (that I had purchased two months earlier) and saw an envelope with the dealer's name on it. When I opened it there was check inside for $450 which was the overage on the vehicle I had traded in on the truck. The non-believers will tell you it was coincidence. The rest of us know the truth. I've shared things like this with others only to have them look at me and say, "You too?" And One of those is my wife. You'd be surprised how many stories like this are out there.

You hang in there Justin. God bless. 1.gif

Tom

Hey Justin,

God may well be speaking to you. Ask Him. Ask what He wants.

Maybe He's getting you ready for the future. Maybe you are the inspiration for someone who is watching you, but you don't realize it.

Most of the time people get what they deserve. My sister sure hated hearing that when she was getting a divorce and I got blasted over it. All she could she was the tears and pain. Did she deserve the cheating, doping, alcoholic husband she had? No! Did she deserve to get rid of him, of course! She did not see that at the time.

Your family is still yours, they haven't left you. Phones reach the Caymans as easily as they reach Houston.

Justin:

Keep the faith, things will get better. Perhaps the following will help:

Footprints...Author Unknown.

"One night a man had a dream. He dreamed he was walking along the beach with the LORD. Across the sky flashed scenes from his life. For each scene, he noticed two sets of footprints in the sand; one belonging to him, and the other to the LORD.

When the last scene of his life flashed before him, he looked back at the footprints in the sand. He noticed that many times along the path of his life there was only one set of footprints. He also noticed that it happened at the very lowest and saddest times in his life.

This really bothered him and he questioned the LORD about it. "LORD, you said that once I decided to follow you, you'd walk with me all the way. But I have noticed that during the most troublesome times in my life, there is only one set of footprints. I don't understand why when I needed you most you would leave me."

The LORD replied, "My precious, precious child. I love you and I would never leave you. During your times of trial and suffering, when you see only one set of footprints, it was then that I carried you."

Remembering this has helped me many times in my life. Stay strong Justin.

There must be something i'm missing here ? If moving to the cayman islands is the worsed of your troubles then sir " you've got it made " most olny dream of even affording a visit there little own the chance to stash some cash in one of there banks.

I'd rather live as a beach bum down there than a 40k blue collar worker up here.Don't feel so bad , i had a heart attack at 30 both my parents were killed in a car crash , my sister is a heroin freak and i was raised by my abusive uncle. I have next to no family thats alive.

Stake your own claim !! lifes a ***** and theres no free rides. Too bad thats not taught in the schools along with the golden rule.

Best of luck to you justin , sometimes getting pissed off at the world is enough to motivate one to espire a little higher. It worked for me .

Hiya Justin,

Wow, haven't talked to you for a long time. I'm sorry to hear about your family problems. But we all go through them. Just gotta tough it out and move on. I know you will, I've gathered that much just knowing you in the time I have and by your posts here in the forums. Good luck to you man. I know everything will work out as it should.

On a non-spiritual side, I would like to add that you and I, being in college, are just a few years from being free. Free of living at home (in terms of having your own apartment/condo/house, that your salary pays for and is 100% yours), free from the little things at home we all have to live with, free from other except the ones you choose to invite into your life. While I am OK at home while in college, I look foward to buying my own place, and actually controlling my life. While my home life is sane and a but dull, I really want to get my own place and get out on my own (I cannot do that now, money is the issue) so I can do things my way.

I just want to see you get thru school, get a job, and take control of your life. You (and I...) have made it this far, just a few more years of college and you will be all yours!

Best of luck to you, you can make it, don't give up or just 'quit', you are so close!!!

Justin - Godspeed. And I hope you can drop by the forum once in a while from the Islands. You'll be fine, as long as you keep speaking it and believing it. Thanks for your many contributions to this community, and to several of my own situations as well.

Doug

I'll agree with the above. Keep close to your family.

While not religious at all, I like Ecclesiasicus (sp) where it says: "The battle does not go to the strong or the race to the swift, but all things according to time and chance."

My take on this is that God acknowledge pure dumb luck (at least in some circumstances). That must include the bad luck of the stong and swift.

In my experience, good times and bad times do occur. But they cycle.

Ms. Valerie, PWK's wife, told us that the seven little sound radiation patterns on the PWK logo was a nod to the seven fat years and seven thin years described in the bible.

In your missive you mention betrayal. It may show that you will find out who your friends are, which ones are not, and you'll find some new ones. There may well be some surpizes.

Now you're gonna check in here on a regular basis we all hope. Ya. You better.

Gil

Justin:

Although, I have read your posts for a very long time, this is my first time conversing with you. And, there certainly seems to be a lot of great people on this forum who care a great deal about you. Knowing this, how could I not care, too? What has happened to you and your family is very unfortunate. But, when you do go, take with you the knowledge that we all stand behind you and support you in everything you do and everywhere you go. Also know that He stands by your side as well. You are wise beyond your years my friend. God go with you. 12.gif

-Picky

Justin, you know you have moral support here. We will pray for you, and know that all will work out to make you a strong man with a loving family.

Let's move on to the nitty gritty...how are you doing for money now? Do you need a part time job now, and what prospects do you have for a job in the area over the summer? How long do you have to live in Columbia to establish Missouri residency(and get in-state tuition?)The time to ask for help is now, before you desperately need it, so you have good, solid plans in place to mull things over with your folks.

Don't feel like the world is crashing around you. It is just a little scene called life, and what looks like a catastrophe is actually a good opportunity to step up yourself and make some mature decisions. You have a bunch of forum members here in the St. Louis area who can help on most everything, so don't be hesitant to ask!