I fear this may turn into a big flame war but I must ask

I hate to be newbie here, but what is the deal with the heritage line, they look like cabinets out of my grandmas house. I mean give me a break, i have seen skateboard ramps with a better finish. Ok, I'm sure they sound nice and all, and they are traditional, but as far as Im concerned, I think speakers should look as good as they sound. The heritage speakers simply dont do that. Maybe a lot of you think they look great, but I left the 70's 24 years ago, did you?

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

----------------

On 3/4/2004 8:24:10 PM 007 wrote:

but I left the 70's 24 years ago, did you?

----------------

Unfortunately, no I didn't - I am the anti-Clinton, I never exhaled.

What's all this talk about Bush and Iraq? - Wow, I think I just made it to the eighties...

You can't recreate the sound of Heritage speakers in the current "en vogue" designs - you need room for horn lenses and woofer horns, which are very large. And the only fully horn-loaded designs that look "modern" cost loads more than the cost-effective designs of PWK. I love the looks of the Heritage speakers, personally, but sound quality is most important to me.

You do have a valid question. They are huge, they are bulky. They are not for everyone who wants a more streamline looking speaker. But audio quality speaking, why mess with a good thing?

Ah.... Doug just answered my question I posted.. He posted just before me. I removed my question regarding, "can the heritage sound be duplicated in a sleeker desighned cabinet".

Guess the answer is no.

----------------

On 3/4/2004 8:39:47 PM Griffinator wrote:

I dunno. I think the Heritage stuff (Heresies excluded) look like fine furniture. There is an antique look about them that makes them very, very appealing to those who appreciate fine furniture.

----------------

Griff - what do you have against the Heresys? I consider my Heresy II's fine looking furniture.

Euell

----------------

On 3/4/2004 8:56:30 PM paulparrot wrote:

If you want a flame war, you need to talk religion and politics (like hwatkins).

----------------

Actually you forgot two of my other favorites - sex and the judicial system, but anything will do in a pinch.

However, on topic - there is a distinct difference in sound for three ways versus two ways. All sorts of things can make a difference, but I have always been a fan of a nicely designed and built three way. Other ears can't seem to hear the difference.

When the sound fits your ear, the speaker looks prettier the more you listen. Wood is a favorite of my eye as well. The Belle may well be the prettiest piece of furniture in the bunch, but the Khorn (once heard) has a distinct beauty that grows on you. As a part of your living room the Heresy can fit most anywhere.

Simply - the sound is a favorite of some and many of us get quite emphatic about that sound being around. When it means that much too you, beauty is truly then in the eye of the beholder.

Now, how bout talking a little bit about concealed weapons laws...

Like a skateboard, the Heritage speakers are designed to do one thing, with supreme attention to engineering quality. They may look like a 1970 AMX with a loud nasty 390 under the hood. When you want to have an unsurpassed 5.1 film setup when the lights are turned out, both the AMX and the Heritage own the finish line. Aint even close. People design their new homes to keep this sheeeeit, something you won't be doing in thirty years with the setup you currently own.2.gif11.gif

The heritage line, pretty in its day and beautiful for life9.gif10.gif

I'd like to own some heritage if I can afford them and my room is big enough to fit them into the corners 9.gif . They looked bad? I definitely like those looks more than satallite/bookshelf speakers. Regardless the sound quality I just like their look more than synergy/ref series 9.gif .

It's just the personal taste question, some people like cube speakers or paper speakers(they are thin like the papers, regardless they sound like papers), some like large bulky and fuse them into a part of furniture.

It's similar to some folks who like SVS's cylinder's sub and some others like the box sub.

Yea I feel I'm so old and my hair's turning white before I get to 20...... 14.gif