Lets see YOUR Home Theater:

Pako

well hopefully with all the posts i was in that explained cables, emi and stuff like that, these pics should shed some light on my answers. system sounds great, to me. the speaker wires that are bare in the pics, may get an "upgrade". i am thinking of taking the bi-amp out and running just 3 channels of my amp. emotiva says i will then have 175w available, instead of 250w available in the bi-amp configuration. i don't want to run 2 sets of twisted shielded wires to the front 3. will be too much money. i will first see if i can hear a difference with the current wires, as far as tone, volume, etc. if i can't then i will do the shielded wires.

anyone in the area is welcome to come on by and have a listen.

i have to mention this, i just love that curved couch! might seem dumb to others, but i love having center seat and my wife being able to lay out. that's what sucked with a regular couch, if she laid out, then i had to sit all the way on the other side. this couch is big enough that we both can lay out (each of heads on the arm rest) and our feet won't touch! (all married people will understand.....lol)

i have a post in the tech section. it's easy just hard to explain. you need to buy connetors, wire, shield, snake skin, and heat shrink. you assemble them, and you are done. go to www.vhaudio.com and look for "flavor" 3 power cable. there are 4 different types but type 1 and 3 may be the most used. if you want i can put you on a list and i can make you one. i charge between $45 and $55 for a power cord up to 10'

it's a funny thing you say that, dtel. at work when i tie up an area, all the tye wraps are facing the same direction and evenly spaced. my lead thinks it's funny to come behind me and turn some of them. he gets a kick out of my expression, and how quickly i return them back to their orginal placement.

i need help....lol.

• Moderators

It could be much worse at least it's a neat obsession.....really looks nice.

Once a long time ago I did that, about a month later I had to rearrange something and it was never cleaned up again. One day ?

thanks! it is my living room. i have a temporary sub 12 that sits beside the couch to the left that you can't see in the photo. you are right daryl, the ultra13 will look so nice, maybe even two will look better![:o] that will be in a couple of months. meanwhile, the sub-12 is pretty impressive for its size. a bit boomy, but loud. i will try to get a few pics in the daylight to get a clearer image.

inventor, the cable management along with the custom cabinet looks very nice! that is how things turn out for me too when i let my ocd run wild![:D] that is the only thing i don't like about not having a dedicated audio 'rack', the fact that every wire is on top of each other. makes it hard to 'keep 'em seperated'.

by the looks of the equipement stand, i would say you have very limitied space to tie the wires up. yours seems like it is kept neat, can't really see any misc. wires roming around in the pic. are those your speaker cables on the ground in the pic? there has been some disscussion about keeping those off the ground. something about static electricity, have you noticed any issues consering that? right now i am in a little torment about my speaker wires. i think i need to shield them, by the way that are run in my set up, but i don't think i am having any problems. it's the old saying, don't fix, if it ain't broke. i have my main speaker wires in the wall (horzantal run) but it's the last 5' that they are all tied up with other wires.

yep, the wires running along the floor are the speaker cables. i have not noticed any problems with them like this. they are shielded fairly heavy. impact acoustics is where they came from. heavy silicone jacket. the mains are towed in just a bit. it would be nice to bring them in away from the walls more, but i think they'd be too close together. i too have seen the little pieces that keep the wiring off the floor. snake oil if you ask me. that is unless it was causing a static problem. do you have any ground loop, static or any other problems related to wiring? the old pentax is not co-operating with me today...

post-29392-13819446097028_thumb.jpg

• dtel pinned this topic