Lets see YOUR Home Theater:

Pako

Nice setup tommyboy. [:)]

But why not place the surrounds on the side walls. It seems you do have the space available.

Edit: Whoops. I got a little confused with the placement in your right surround pic and didn't see the other pics before posting.

I've seen a couple of you have hardwood floors in your listening room. I always wondered how this differed from a carpeted room i would think the bass would rattle the wood or it would sound echoy.

nick

Interesting comment Nick – I have always wondered about this also.. A Klipsch sales rep said to me once that Klipsch sound best with carpeted floors, and if you have floor boards then a think rug is needed. The sales rep did not go into this as currently I have carpeted floors so it made no difference to me at the time. But does anyone know the logic to this is the rep pulling my chain so to speak. I wonder.

no i have heard from other hard wood floor owners that once they either installed carpet or got a large think rug, the sound was better. the only person i know that has a type of hard flooring (laminate....can't spell the right word, but it's not tile) is a friend of Falcon20x. i forgot his screen name, maybe falcon can explain when he has time.

• Moderators

If you think about it, wood floors are nothing more than a solid flat surface, basically a reflector of sound. Our new home has a very open floorplan in the foyer, dining room, office, living room and kitchen. Totally open, hardwood in office, dining room and living room, and tile in foyer and kitchen and breakfast nook. Oh my goodness, does it get loud and difficult to understand people talking loudly. That's because we do not have much that absorbs the sounds. Now add a speaker to that dynamic. Especially bass, it just bounces and bounces and bounces. Sure it definitely adds to the amount of bass but that isn't always a good thing. You want some reflection and some absorbtion. Too much reflection muffles the sound and clarity suffers. I'm no sound guy, just my understanding of it.

One thing to try is simply clap loudly once and see how much of an echo is in the room. That will give you some idea of how much reflection you have in the room. The more echo, the worse the sound. You want to try and tame as much of that echo as possible.

Let me start by saying that I have a very small living room. I am in a rent duplex until we build our new house next year. I am however, loving all my new Klipsch!!!

Disclaimer: I know that for a Home Theater Tech my wires should be neater. Sorry. I will get around to pulling it all out and re-doing all the wiring at some point, but until then, I'm Lazy!!!!

HPIM1913.jpg

HPIM0546.jpg

• dtel pinned this topic