Lets see YOUR Home Theater:

Pako

http://forums.klipsch.com/forums/p/42024/1165954.aspx#1165954

This is the thread where the Kanji characters are displayed.

I am a big fan of eastern architecture. I would love to have a back yard with a eastern water garden. The rooflines are my favorite. Here is a picture in Shanghai.

post-20592-13819456449274_thumb.jpg

Looks like you play a little Rock Band, too!

Occasionally with my girls. I think its totally cool they know who Rush is. Everytime they play Rush they yell for me to sing "The Trees".[:D] My wife says "I don't get the lyrics".

Why didn't you guys tell me that more than one pair of heritage when left together in the same room over the weekend will mate and create offspring???[:P]

I just brought three Corns home this evening. Got Sarah McLachlan flowin like warm butter. I'll probably sell the third off. To big for my use as a center. The slanted Heresys on the ends were my mains. They will become my sides. I've got another pair of 76 HD-BRs that I need to strip off a cheesy black paint job then I'll refinish them to match. I might use them to build a custom center though. In the future I might try my hand at a custom veneer on the Decorator cabs..

Man, you should have seen the look on my wife's face this evening. I warned her of the size before I went to get em and I reiterated that when I got out of the Jeep on my return. She just said Damn! She loves me!![:D][:D]

post-35704-13819456462298_thumb.jpg

Okay I got PhotoBucket to work for me so here it is! My Cherry F2 set-up and my newly acquired C2 center channel. I couldn't get the flash right on the camera so the TV looks really bad even though it isn't. I think it sounds incredible in my small room even without a subwoofer. Gotta love Klipsch man!

http://i653.photobucket.com/albums/uu255/JChapman_photos/MyF2set-up2.jpg

I'm still upset with you for getting Trey's cherry F2's instead of me! [:@] J/K man... System's lookin good!

Okay I got PhotoBucket to work for me so here it is! My Cherry F2 set-up and my newly acquired C2 center channel. I couldn't get the flash right on the camera so the TV looks really bad even though it isn't. I think it sounds incredible in my small room even without a subwoofer. Gotta love Klipsch man!

http://i653.photobucket.com/albums/uu255/JChapman_photos/MyF2set-up2.jpg

I'm still upset with you for getting Trey's cherry F2's instead of me! Angry J/K man... System's lookin good!

Ha HA! Thanks man, and thanks for giving me the dibs on them. This is my first true Klipsch set-up and since I believe I got the right speakers the first time I won't want to upgrade anytime soon.

Ha Ha, ya right! I give you a year tops! You might not want to upgrade your speakers, but there are so many other upgrades! Seeing as we have the same speakers, I'lll help you stear clear of upgrades. I just looked at your system profile, and your system would sound SO MUCH better with an external amp pushing your F2's. I can say this because I have a Pioneer receiver and F2's. You have a Klipsch system, so lose the Polk! And lastly, I didn't notice a BD player in your profile???

You've only just begun brother! J/K................ Don't let me talk you into upgrading! [6]

Yeah you might be right on the upgraditis bug everyone around seems to have.I will take any help or advice you've got on upgrades though. As for the Polk's they were given to me by a neighbor for helping him move. And as for not having a BD player,the Xbox 360(in my opinion) does a great job of up-converting.

The Xbox won't up convert the sound!!! I'm not kidding you man. Once I hooked an external amp up to my F2's, (this is the second one), it really brought them to life if you know what I'm saying. My amp only pushes 90 watts to them, but the difference in the amp and my receiver is night and day. I wasn't thinking about doing it, but if I was wanting to upgrade the F2's, the amp would have easily changed my mind! I don't know if you read my review when I put the amp on them, but I said I think I have the best sounding synergy system on the forum now; and I meant it!

Try looking at Clist, audiogon, ebay, etc. I paid 90 woppin bucks for my ROTEL. Just be patient, and make sure you have the cash in hand. I watched the ROTEL on c list for about 3 months; and eventually he lowered his price to a negotiable 150 bucks. And the BD player. I'm not sure which one made a bigger diff. The amp or the player. But if you get these two things, I guarantee you your system will be on a whole new level. After these two things, then upgrade your surrounds. Are you running a sub at all?? If not, keep the surrounds for now, and get a sub first. Even before the amp or BD player............. You know what they say; your systems only as good as its weakest component!

I paid 90 woppin bucks for my ROTEL

HOLY crap that's a good deal. I will definitely keep my eyes open then.

Are you running a sub at all??

No not at the moment. Budget and room size don't really allow for one right now.

Just be patient

Yes I most certainly will be. I've been told in the audio world that patience can be a virtue. I will stick to it.

new pic with soon to be rf 3 center channel. Curious if anyone else ever converted a reference speaker for center speaker..am i the first?

You know "Reference" isn't synonymous with floorstanding speakers, right? They make "Reference" center channel speakers too :)

Looks good... Probably lots of weight on that TV. There have been others to use the floorstanders as a center, I don't think I've seen one turned on its side though. Many use them with AT projector screens. I am still thinking about selling me RC-62 to get a third RF-62 for my AT screen.

Good job!

new pic with soon to be rf 3 center channel. Curious if anyone else ever converted a reference speaker for center speaker..am i the first?

You know "Reference" isn't synonymous with floorstanding speakers, right? They make "Reference" center channel speakers too :)

Looks good... Probably lots of weight on that TV. There have been others to use the floorstanders as a center, I don't think I've seen one turned on its side though. Many use them with AT projector screens. I am still thinking about selling me RC-62 to get a third RF-62 for my AT screen.

Good job!

I have had three RC 3's..two for the rears and just recently sold the one i had for dedicated center. Its only on its side temporarly until i finish the new baffle..I just dont have time now.

Actually the speaker is resting on a 1" thick oak shelf i made so its safe and secure..not touching the television....Theres nothing like a full range center speaker to give u life like sounds..Ive done it once with the legend series klf 10 . All my friends said they felt like there in a theater..

I guess most ppl wouldnt consider doing this because it looks too big and it is lol...But i just love to have custom gear..I like doing things thats diff than the mainstream.

Thank s for the comment!

D**N, those are some good looking Corns. Congrats on the new addition... CoolYes

Were those a forum members?

James

Thanks James! No, they weren't. Matter of fact, he hadn't even heard of this forum! [:S] I've been cruising smaller, local Craigslists and the bigger Bay Area (hell just about the whole Cali coast) looking for Corns. I really was after Decorators and got extremely lucky. Found a guy selling off three together and he was 30 miles down the coast from me. Went down to audition, spent a good three hours listening to his extensive Jazz and Funk collection, turned him on to a couple of things I brought, negotiated the price and picked them up the next afternoon. The third is a regular grilled CBR and is a '79.

I haven't seen enough listings for Decorator Corns so I don't know if I over paid or not. I did have a lot of recent data points for regular Birch, Oak and Walnut that I used to negotiate what I thought was a fair if not a bit of a premium price. What would you guys pay for a really sweet pair of CD-BRs? Not that I ever plan to get rid of them except to one of my daughters maybe in about thirty years.[:D] For my room and needs they will do all I will ever want. The center is in comparable condition. It was obviously a difficult decision for him. He's asked for visitation rights, LOL.

Hello all. I just thought I would share my quick Klipsch story with you all and post a few pics of my system. I have been a planar guy for almost 20 years now. Magnepans, Martin Logans, Carver, and Apogee. I love the sound of planars... especially on vocals. The problem is that I always longed for something more... more dynamics, more volume... just more. I ended up tailoring my music selections and tastes over the years to what sounded best with planars (acoustic and vocals). I learned to appreciate and like some great new artists over the years but always stayed away from a lot of the music I grew up on and loved to listen to in certain moods (great classic rock music). Fast forward to a couple years ago. A good friend of mine always seemed to have a pair of Klipsch speakers in one of his many systems no matter what else he was into at the time. I would listen to his Klipsch systems (La Scala's, Chorus, K-Horns, etc.). They always sounded good, but I only listend for a short while and never fully listened with an open mind. I always recall the things I have heard of Klipsch and horn speakers... honky, bright, etc. and this colored my thoughts.... until I listened to a pair of his Cornwalls in his 2-channel system. Unbelievable. The best I had ever heard in his 2 channel room. A room where I have heard countless other fantastic speakers. But his Cornwalls were oh so good. They were all the things I had always loved and more. Great with vocals. Great with Rock. Good loud and equall good soft. I was always told by this friend of mine to give Klipsch a chance and that I would really enjoy the Klipsch sound and what they have to offer, especially given my listening habits and enviroment in my dedicated home theater. After hearing his Cornwalls I was finally a believer. At about the same time I was in the mood for a serious change from my Carver/Sunfire system and he happened to have a pair of La Scala's and an extra pair of Cornwalls that I gladly took off his hands. I picked up a pair of KPT-8001's for surrounds and was in business. Over the past few weeks I have gone from impressed to stunned at how good this Klipsch system is for both music and movies. It does everything so well. While not perfect (nothing ever is), I can honestly say my current system is much better than anything I have ever owned.... especially my home theater.

forums

• dtel pinned this topic