Lets see YOUR Home Theater:

Pako

okay...no cracks about the equipment sitting on top of the subwoofer :) not beautiful but functional. best of all? no wires! ultimately, the gear is going to be moved (when i installed this system, i couldn't find a hdmi cable longer than 10 feet...things have since changed; although it may end up on the other side of the wall for cosmetic purposes) most everything appears to be floating (although firmly anchored...do i even have to say what a daunting task it is hanging this stuff to aluminum studs?)

the gear:

sony bravia 52" lcd

klipsch rf-7, rc-7, rs-7

hafler 15" sub

panasonic BD-30 blu-ray dvd/philips dvd (pal/ntsc region free)

sony receiver (soon to be replaced with a denon :)

logitech harmony one remote

all wired with monster cable

stearns and foster mattress and box spring (why this thing came with a usb dongle for the pdf owners' manual i'll never know :) soffit lights (turned up fairly bright for the picture) provide wonderful ambient backlighting so you don't end up blind after hours of watching...

post-29096-13819464682374_thumb.jpg

That's a pretty nice set up for a bedroom.  I would have opted for a Simmons but that's just me.

as far as bedding? one never knows with beds :) i think bedding is even more subjective than class a amplification...

personally i tried them all...but the s&f was the most comfortable =)

in all seriousness...getting the screen the right height was quite possibly the most daunting task in putting the system together...although creating a cutout of the actual tv (using the side of the box it was shipped in) and hanging it on the wall to see how well the height was, worked perfectly...

• Moderators

That would never fly with my wife. She suggested I have a dedicated theater room so that she wouldn't have to see speakers in the living room. She would have never gone for an RF-7 system in the bedroom. Nice job!

I once had my gear on top of my Velodyne sub and someone suggested that was a bad idea due to vibrations. Probably isn't too good for the equipment.

That would never fly with my wife.  She suggested I have a dedicated theater room so that she wouldn't have to see speakers in the living room.  She would have never gone for an RF-7 system in the bedroom.  Nice job!

I once had my gear on top of my Velodyne sub and someone suggested that was a bad idea due to vibrations.  Probably isn't too good for the equipment.

thanks youthman! i'd love to say it was easy to install...but it really was quite a pain (although i have designed and installed equipment and wiring in numerous recording/broadcast studios during my career)

i have to admit...the rf 7's are a bit large for the bedroom...although they match the furniture nicely.

not having a woman to answer to in this situation can have its advantages =)

in my original thought, i was going to put a much smaller system on the wall...but that would have been disrespectful to the sony lcd :) i always loved the rf's...so that was a no-brainer for me. there are two ht systems in this condo (it's about 1400 square feet) and this would be the larger of the two, of course. the only issue i occasionally have (and it's probably just more a psycho-acoustic phenomena for me, as i work with audio for a living) is the position of the rc 7 beneath the screen. i swear i can occasionally localize the sound source as coming from underneath the screen (which of course, it is). in my living room, there is a mongrel system comprised of kg 4's, some klipsch surrounds and a klipsch center speaker that is ABOVE the screen (a 42" plasma). i find it far more difficult to localize the sound when the center is above the screen than below it...although i may just be crazy =) of course, i'm the guy who doesn't like the sound in most theaters either...

misterbob-- Looks awesome!! But I wonder how much better that RC-7 would sound if it wasn't inside the wall, since it's rear ported. How does it sound? Very nice looking though.

thanks for the compliment, darylomer...

very good point! in my original fantasy world, i was going to put the rc 7 ABOVE the screen...and angle it downward about 45 degrees....but the logistics of getting it above the set (hence moving it another 3 feet away than the side speakers) made it difficult (not to mention it just looks rather imposing and scary up there =)

although it is an EXCELLENT point about the rear ports...which, if allowed to breathe (there is maybe about 2 inches of space behind the rc now) may help confuse my ears enough to localize the dialog to the screen and not the speaker...

as far as the sound of the RC...i love it just like it is...but i fully agree it could use some breathing room behind it...great suggestion! now of course, i'm going to have to try it...of course it's going to take 3 people to get the thing up there just to demo it =)

Heres my home theatre as of right now. I just finished building the cabinet. I'm 20 years old and sophmore in college right now so I havent had time to hide the tv wires in the wall yet. Current center channel isn't klipsch [:(]. It's an old Infinity my dad had sitting around. I plan on buying a klipsch one soon to match my other speakers.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Hello all. I have not posted in a while. But I am in the process of redoing my theater room. I got my Carada 120" 2:35:1 screen in today. I assembled it and mounted it. So far I am very impressed! I have the PT-AE3000u projector on order. Hopefully will arrive within a weeks time. So for now, I don't have any way of actually watching anything on the new screen. It's going to to drive me crazy until I can get the projector up. Oh well. One step down. Anyway, I will post some pics of the new setup. I have before pictures a little farther back in this thread.

post-33974-13819464733154_thumb.jpg

Slawre, nice to see another fellow college-age Klipsch fan. How does that Diamond audio sub sound?

It really shakes the house...I love it. I have always been a fan of Diamond Audio products. I built the box out of plain ole' 3/4'' MDF with some pretty heavy duty joints and bracing which was easy because my Grandfather has a top notch wood working shop... Its wrapped in vinyl imitation black ash veneer from PartsExpress and I must say that it worked out so well that it looks store bought... I also used a 4'' Aeroport kit from PartsExpress and tuned it down to 28hz. I plan to stuff the box with some polyfill in the future to lower the tuning a bit more. Overall, my cost was about 200$ for everything not including the amp but I don't think you could touch it's performance for twice that. I'm currently powering it with one channel of my SUMO andromeda at 200 Watts RMS. However, I think I will switch to my ADCOM bridged to mono at about 200 watts just to see what happens.

I have had my Carada screen for several years now and have never regreted the purchase. Best bang for the buck screen solution on the market.

I am jealous. I have had a Panasonic PTAE700U for several years now, and it too has been a top performer. But, I always wonder if the new AE3000U would put a bigger smile on my face. Keep us posted after you get it setup, calibrated, and spitting out BR.

Congratulations!

Yea, I realize my placement isn't perfect. I put the woofer in the closet so that when I have parties no one accidentally puts a dent in the cone with their foot. I have to keep on eye out so nobody sets a beer down on top of my KG 5.2s lol [;)]. I'm kind of considering getting some glass cut and putting it on top of them to prevent damage.

I got a steal on most of my equipment. For 400$ I picked up the adcom, sumo, KG 5.2s, and KG 3.5s...

• dtel pinned this topic