Lets see YOUR Home Theater:

Pako

ok, good i just wanted to make sure that i wasnt given a (B) stock receiver, even tho its being traded for a diffrent one. i love new toys too, now if my new stand would come in i could set them all up and show you guys, lol i have no idea why these pictures came out so bad on the camera i just bought

post-40054-13819525639348_thumb.jpg

Pako, First I have to say thanks for starting this thread, its given me a lot of ideas and pure pleasure to see all the systems people have put together. I imagine you are surprised that it turned into what it has...huge!

Santa came early and brought this Denon 4810. I'm running a 9.1 system.

RF7 fronts

RF82 width

RB81 height

RB35 surrounds

RC64 center

RT12d sub

I really wanted this new AVR badly. It seems like my Klipsch speakers match up really well with it. It replaces a Denon 4306 so I don't have to relearn everything about how to run it. The width and height channels really add to the soundstage. The Audyssey Dynamic Volume is great for movies that blow you away with volume at times but don't allow you to hear quiet conversations. This is especially helpful in smaller rooms like the one I am confined to for the time being. Its also great for times like when your watching a football game and the commercial comes on like a locomotive at massive volume. This now a thing of the past Thanks for letting me show my system.

post-32935-13819525650468_thumb.jpg

i got my stand from bobs discound furniture actually, lol it was around $300, hey guys im pretty stumped here i just got in one of my kw-120 subs and my ka-1000 amp, i hooked it all up and its making a low humming noise but thats not the biggest issue...... it doesnt really thump like it def should. i have the sw preout out of my receiver going to the sw in on the ka, then i have the monster cable from the amp to the sub. i turned down the volume of my fronts and turned the sub all the way up to +12 and it just doesnt sound the way it should perform. does anyone have any input on these subs? am i doing something wrong?

Youthman,

I thought I might get a response from you and that there was a good chance it would be amusing. You'd think by now I'd have a HT that I could proudly display but alas, not yet.

We came close to moving into a home that would afford a decent space in the basement to build a real HT but the deal fell through for the short term. We are still in negotiations but pretty far apart.

So, I'm still stuck in our bedroom (though not a tiny one) with a system that needs a lot more room to breathe. I've got speakers every where and my wife complains that I should just buy one big speaker and we'll live in that. Thanks for the response.

Shake777

discard my question about the hum noise. i figured out that it was the cable coming out of the wall. i guess i need some sort of a receptor to fix it. so anyone who runs into this problem down the road, you might wanna check this first and save a big headache. anyways i hooked up the 1 kw with the rest of my system and wow, its friggen crazy, i dont really need a second one(seeing as how pieces of drop ceiling coated everything within 10 feet of the sub) but itll be here in a day or so regardless. im almost thinking of just selling the set, my girl hates them, and in my opinion there just a lil too much for my place, and i only have 1 hooked up. so if anyone is local of 01464 let me know if your intrested, ill give ya a killer deal.............................. here are some pics i took before the earthquake, lol

post-40054-13819525656218_thumb.jpg

i like the design of your house, i wish i had a big room like that to work with. nice stuff, how do u like your RT-10d? have you heard the 12? im curious if its any diffrent

thanks :) .. can't comment on the sub yet. it arrived DOA and I'm currently awaiting a replacement amp. I've not heard the 12, but i've read lots of good things regarding it.

• dtel pinned this topic