Lets see YOUR Home Theater:

Pako

Ya I just filled them upside down so the horns are more lined up with the center and is more ear level. Not sure if its ok or not but they sound better.

That's a first for me too. If I were you, I would ditch the cabinet, get a nice tv stand, and put those babies on the floor (right side up [;)]).

Rick,

Just to be clear. We are not bashing your setup at all. You have a great looking room with some sweet speakers. We're just trying to help you get the most out of it by recommending what we would do. If it sounds good to you the way it is, then leave it until you feel comfortable taking them out and putting them on the floor.

Rick,

That is a great looking setup. I wouldn't worry about what people are saying about it. If you like the sound crack it up and rock out to it. Everyone has a reason why the speakers are setup a certain way in THEIR house and you have a reason. I would just leave them and not even worry about it, plus you liked them in the current setup and only started thinking about changing speakers when people stated talking. DON'T LISTEN TO THEM....... Listen to yourself and what you like...

James

James,

The advice given is sound and should be considered as advice. Many people do not know that their is a whole science behind speaker placement, acoustic treatments, and proper seating position. I suggest both of you read some of the whitepapers from Harman International and other sites to understand more about acoustics and how speakers work.

http://www.harman.com/EN-US/OurCompany/Technologyleadership/Pages/WhitePapers.aspx?CategoryID=White%20papers

You can have the best equipment in the world but if the speakers and seating position are wrong, you are missing out on their full potential. Same with calibration and room acoustics.

Forums are a great way to learn new things. If that is not your purpose to be here, then you ignorance will be pointed out.

The advice given is sound and should be considered as advice. Many people do not know that their is a whole science behind speaker placement, acoustic treatments, and proper seating position. I suggest both of you read some of the whitepapers from Harman International and other sites to understand more about acoustics and how speakers work.

I understand but when you have limitations then what are you to do. One is not get all the, What are you doing comments and if the person likes the sound then why should anyone else tell him how to change it. If things change for him in the future and he wants to experiment with different locations or speakers so be it. If people would sit back and read the reason why he put them in the current location you wouldn't have half to comments on them.

James

Yes, the 7's are a great speaker. Emotiva makes a great amp too! I'm not sure of the whole 'turning upside down' thing, but whatever works in your scenario. If your set-up situation ever changes, you really would be amazed at how pulling the mains out from the wall 2 feet or so will sound. The entire frequency range really opens up. But for now, rock on![H]

the heresy's are great, i love them i work at an audio store so i get to play with them and others all day, lol fun, fun. i just got my order in...rf-83's and my rc-64 wich kick *** they are absolutly amazing and im only running them off of an integra dtr-40.1 amp(100w per channel) anyways id say that the heresy's will beat the rf-7's in my opinion but its also a diffrent sound. but i also think that the la scalas are the best in the heritage setup. so if funds allow i would def consider the lascalas. plus that way theyll be no need or want to upgrade because those rock.

Darylomer12,

I believe that comment was toward Rick V and myself. To him for his placement of the speakers and to me for saying that they are fine in that location. But like my comment posted above, if some people would read the reason for the situation, they would not have to comment on his speaker location.

James

There seems to be some confusion as to why his speakers are upside down. That was my suggestion. He posted a pic of his front 3 speakers. The center channel was at a normal height. His RF-7's were in a cabinet and elevated. The tweeters were about (I'm guessing) 8 ft off the ground and roughly 4 ft higher than the tweeters in his center. I suggested he invert his RF-7's to align the tweeters in his front array.

• dtel pinned this topic