Lets see YOUR Home Theater:

Pako

Thanks for the compliments.

(duder1982) The sub is just a 10. I have it crossed over all the way down and turned up about 1/4. I'm not real concerned with placement at this point. I've always looked at below 80hz as non-directional.

(jacksonbart) Yes, late '70's

(superedge88) As far as the rears, the RB5's are temporary, and are just put back there for now.

(sunburnwilly) It's a 9-6. Perfect for the low tide, Santa Cruz session.

Right now I'm working the tractrix calculators trying to find a formula that will go below 400, with a 1 3/8" 16 driver, that will fit in the cornwall. It looks like I have 14" from the face of the motor board. My K-51-v takes up at least 2 1/4". This leaves me with 11 3/4" for the horn depth and driver.

Anyway, I'm working on the mids right now. I've searched everything I can about drivers and tractrix horns. I would like to stay with the 51/55 driver now and see what a larger horn will do. I want to be in the 17"/7" range and stay within 14" depth with the driver.

There will be another Cornwall build soon. [H]

Greg

here is a pic of the gear in the new house. I know its not much but all I feel I need is a avr and blueray player so the 15 year old stand works for wright now. This time around I actually read the owners manual to the avr for proper set up. It talks about trying to set the sub around or in the sweet spot then walk around the room to see were it sounds best. Right now I have the sub tuned to around 60 hz and output turned up a little more than half way. I have about 4 other locations I would like to try but were its out now seems pretty good, but I am all ways looking for other ideas for optimum sound. My son really enjoys hearing the sounds and voices through the speakers he gets right up next to them and gets all excited(so it will not be long before he gets his own set up lol). I have watched Batman the dark Knight and Hulk if anyone else has any recommendation on movies to test out the system let me know, I might go rent the the Star Trek movie tonigh. I haven't got the surrounds installed yet I need a longer extension to drill down through the bottom plate of the wall so I can run the wire for the in walls, they will be mounted on the rear wall. I know this isn't idea but its all I have to work with, plus I can move the couch out a foot or so if I need to also this will give me better site on the tv. Now as far as glare goes I still need some curtains for the windows behind any recommendation. I guess I can shut up now and post some pics.

hey duder very nice set up and love the look of the speaker stands and speakers and grills. well love the look of it all.. well done [Y]

quick question .. how does the the reference centre fair with the heritage L&R speakers, we always go on about frontsage to be timber matched but have also read that some people here have used an RC7 or RC64 with heritage L&R with great results..

Duder1982 - "Heres another you can see that the hole room is open on both sides one to ta hall and the other to the kitchen, that is why I think there might be a better spot for the sub."

it looks like your sub is in a very good position. what some people do is they put their sub in their seating position then crawl on their hands and knees around the room and where your hear the most bass that would be the ideal spot to plave the sub.. I have never tried this but apparantly it is very effective.

(sunburnwilly) It's a 9-6. Perfect for the low tide, Santa Cruz session.

Cool . The angle of the pic made it look much longer . I know it's way OT to ask here but do you by chance know a guy named Tom Norton . He's a friend of mine that surfs the Santa Cruz area ; I'm sure there are around a thousand surfers in that area .

thanks DU73 as far as the Heresies go with the rc-52 I have no complaints I kind of under stood from a couple of people locally that runs Heritage in there front stage either goes with Heritage all the way or something from the reference line so I gave it a shot and like it. I have lots of friends stop and said the same thing so it can't be too bad. But I know what you mean about the front stage being timber I guess at the time I didn't think to find another Heresy to go with the front stage.

As far as the sub goes I also read this about putting the sub in the seating position and crawling around the room(actually in the AVRs handbook none the less)But didn't know if this was a goofy way or not so tomorrow I might give it a try if I have time.

duder

As far as the sub goes I also read this about putting the sub in the seating position and crawling around the room(actually in the AVRs handbook none the less)But didn't know if this was a goofy way or not so tomorrow I might give it a try if I have time

Just make sure no one walks in on you doing just that or it will be goofy to them for sure.... [:D]

BTW really nice setup. [H]

James

Cardstatman,

Let me just start this off and say, man the Cardinals S**K.... [:P] j/k

That is a really nice and clean setup you have. Looks good with the two storage units on each side, almost matching the F-3's. How far back are you sitting from the TV? Just wondering if you have tried to angle the speakers toward the sweet spot, your seat.

James

The Cornwalls will be going under the knife soon. I'm doing my research now on building the horns for the mid and which drivers to use.

Go66,

What's wrong with the Corns that they are going under the knife?

That setup is really nice, all the way down to the paint. Those Corns look good and love the fireplace ideal.

James

jamesV,

Well, the Cardinals sure stunk up Oct...and Sept for that matter, but I love them so much I have a tattoo on my left shoulder ;-) We sit about 8 or 9 feet back. I definatley want to toe-in the speakers, but I didn't really have the room. I am moving in a few months and will have more than enough room to angle them to create a great sweet spot. Thanks for the coments.

Man how drunk were you to get that tattoo? I know your pain better then any, I am a Mets fan.

Yea, no problem about the setup. I understand that sometimes things are a certain way cause they have to be. Good luck with the move and post pictures when everything is set back up again.

I have been wanting to get out to St. Louis for a game, one of these years.

James

James, thanks. Eventhough the Heresies are elevated but they are only slight above ears level and they sounded fantastic. The all Heresies sounded better then the La Scalas with Heresy center since the timbre are well matched even when the Heresy center is compensated for 7dB different to volume-matched the La Scalas.

Neo33,

Nice looking setup, love the all Heresy HT. Yes

Have you tried the La Scala's with the Heresy center for any HT? How does the HT sound with all the Heresy elevated?

James

• dtel pinned this topic