Lets see YOUR Home Theater:

Pako

Posted Image

Got a new stand a few days ago. I wish I could get the left speaker out of the corner.

Any opinions on if it would be better, or worse to switch it and the sub, and move the right speaker close to the TV, and just reduce the toe-in?

WOW! very nice clean up dude, looks a million bucks on your last photo, no offence. but yeah looks heaps better and i bet it sounds better too with the clean up often if my viewing area gets messy with stuff everywhere it doesnt have quiet the same feel as when its tidy. as for your sub "the inverted woofer [*-)] i have never heard one like that but i cant see how it would be a benifit in HT, i know some car stereos have it like that but its normally in a boot or trunk or a confind space, i think you would not know yourself if you get a good HT sub like my sub 12, the difference would be massive, you already have sweet speakers so why not finish it off with a sweet sub. good luck man.

I would be more concerned with moving the center channel out of the stand. I would place it on top of it and mount the display above it on the wall. The center channel provides a lot more information during a movie than just about any other speaker. Its placement is the most important, or just as important as subwoofer placement.

I would be willing to move the entire front stage right to give the left speaker more breathing room. Then, I would claim the right side of the couch as mine!!!![:)]

Good luck and keep us posted on your progress. Those are some nice speakers and I like the low profile stand.

WOW! very nice clean up dude, looks a million bucks on your last photo, no offence. but yeah looks heaps better and i bet it sounds better too with the clean up often if my viewing area gets messy with stuff everywhere it doesnt have quiet the same feel as when its tidy. as for your sub "the inverted woofer Confused i have never heard one like that but i cant see how it would be a benifit in HT, i know some car stereos have it like that but its normally in a boot or trunk or a confind space, i think you would not know yourself if you get a good HT sub like my sub 12, the difference would be massive, you already have sweet speakers so why not finish it off with a sweet sub. good luck man.

Thanks :) it's a lot more enjoyable cleaned up, and I really like how the stand "encapsulates" the area, but I have a 6 year old, and two cats, so some chaos is an integral part of everyday life. I had to take the grills off because our kitten thinks they are fun to climb :( The sub...I know haha. It's inverted because it's not the original driver, the guy I got it from did that because it didn't quite fit in the enclosure. It really doesn't sound bad, but yea, once I can get the funds to replace it, it will be gone.

I would be more concerned with moving the center channel out of the stand. I would place it on top of it and mount the display above it on the wall. The center channel provides a lot more information during a movie than just about any other speaker. Its placement is the most important, or just as important as subwoofer placement.

The TV is a DLP so it can't be wall mounted, well, I could build a shelf for it, and thought about it, but this was a better solution. The center is pointing right at my chest with nothing in the way when sitting on the couch, and the very front of it is just past the stand, so there's no weird reflections. Had I placed it above the TV it would have been very out of line with the L,R's and might have made for some weird pans.

Speakers eminate sound from their enclosures in all directions (primarily low frequencies), not just from the front. This is the reason it is always recommended to place speakers away from the walls and not in an enclosure, like an entertainment center. (i.e. kinda like singing in the shower, Not a natural sound produced) Speakers should also be placed as close to ear level as possible, as well.

Some good white papers at Harmon International on this and other speaker placement topics.

http://www.harman.com/about_harman/technology_leadership.aspx

Hope this helps!

well its still a work in progress... but here is a b4 and after shot. i live in a small apartment near campus. texas A&M. i doubt ill be getting my deposit back :) Once you go klipsch, you are never the same again

BEFORE Klipsche

allfront.jpg

AFTER Klipsche

after.jpg

afterklipsch1.jpg

afterklipsch1.jpg

like i said its still a work in progress :)

Hello Westcott,

Thanks for the helpful information. Right now we had no choice other than to stuff all this great gear into a small room. Hence the shoehorn fit. When we move we are going to have a good professional engineer/installer us set things correctly in a reasonably sized space.

I appreciate your taking the time to point out where improvements could be made. Although inadequately arranged, I can't tell you how much I have enjoyed my Klipsch speakers. Shake

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I have been off of the Forums for a bit enjoying the fruits of my labor. Here is my mostly Klipsch Home Theater system. I have a 5.1 set up with 2 extra front speakers. I utilize the Yamaha Presence sound field. I know many purist do not like or agree with this option. I can only say that I love it. It adds a much larger sound field toward the front screen and the dialogue lift definitely helps with localization of the center channel. Or should I say lack of localization.

post-35766-1381951210365_thumb.jpg

I am a stickler for clean lines and NO CABLES SHOWING! I do my best to keep things looking clean. In an open air entertainment stand (that I designed and built) it's hard to hide all the wires. I think I did alright. The speaker cables I built and the interconnects are custom lengths from Blue Jeans.

post-35766-13819512121638_thumb.jpg

• dtel pinned this topic