Lets see YOUR Home Theater:

Pako

So ender, what is the last 5% that will finish it?

James

Thanks James,

The last 5% is the case molding around the door and the rack opening, a few throw pillows made from the same fabric that the columns are made from, and a counter/bar behind the 2nd row seating. Oh, and getting a taller center channel stand. It's rough finding a tiltable stand that's ~13" tall. I may just make a black felt-wrapped box or something for the current stand to sit on.

What are the dimensions of your HT room?

Approx 13x27. I used an ultra-wide angle lens to fit as much of the room in-frame as possible, so it exaggerates the narrowness of the room a bit, especially in a couple of the pictures.

Great looking room, love the color of the carpet !

Thanks! It's actually a bit browner than it appears in the images. Long exposure times + the lighting really brings the red out!

So far it exceeds my expectations. I didn't do everything myself of course, but did a fair amount, including rack install, all the components, the screen, wire terminations, part of the acoustic treatments, ISF'ing the PJ and Audyssey Pro'ing the room.

Thanks again guys!

Rick

Thanks Budman. I haven't actually measured from eye level in the second row, but I think it's looking at approximately the midway point up the screen. I know spec is ~33% up from bottom, but the screen is already few inches too high for my taste when I sit in the 1st row, so that's a compromise between the two rows is one I had to make.

Rick

Hi guys!

The mains are indeed RF7s with an RC7 center. I'm sure the lens I used messed with their appearance! The RF82s I sold were used as surrounds in my 5.1 setup I had prior to this HT buildout. They replaced the RS42s which I had boxed up a while back. The thinking there was a: we listen to a lot of music too, including DVDA/SACD, so full range surrounds were a nice complement for that despite their directionality for HT use, and b: I had an opportunity to screen a pre-release blu-ray of a film my company was working on at Joe Kane's screening room and his setup was 7.1 with the 5 mains identical full range floorstanding, and it sounded incredible, so I decided to try it out with the closest match I could find to the RF7. I have a wife who's very patient with my mucking around with things!

Here's a list of gear in the new HT:

RF7s, RC7, KS7800-THX (4), SVS PC20-39+ (2), Integra DHC9.9, Emotiva XPA5 & XPA2, Oppo BDP83, Sonos, Planar PD8150 projector.

Rick

amazing ender! god some of you guys just kill me with your setups! someday i'll have that kind of money....CORRECTION someday the wife will let me spend that kind of money! it's clearly a neccessity. i don't know why she can't see that. :'(

yes ender has what many would consider a dream HT system but dont be fooled many of the systems you see on this forum are not built in a day and many are brought in pieces re one speaker here one power amp there, and many are completed by being patient and searching for the right second hand piece at the right price.

be patient and keep an eye out as there are great deals to be had.

• Moderators

dont be fooled many of the systems you see on this forum are not built in a day and many are brought in pieces re one speaker here one power amp there, and many are completed by being patient and searching for the right second hand piece at the right price.

You bet. I've also found bartering to be a great resource as well.

yes ender has what many would consider a dream HT system but dont be fooled many of the systems you see on this forum are not built in a day and many are brought in pieces re one speaker here one power amp there, and many are completed by being patient and searching for the right second hand piece at the right price.

be patient and keep an eye out as there are great deals to be had.

I couldn't have said it better myself! If it wasn't for having purchased much of the equipment over the past few years, having a few deals to make with a contractor here and there, and doing a fair percentage of the work myself, there's no way this would have gotten done.

There were still budget busters though. Initially I wasn't anticipating buying a new screen *or* projector, but the 137% fixed offset for my Optoma HD80 made a new PJ a requirement, and I got the Stewart inexpensively enough that it was better to have spent a few extra dollars on that than to have spent the money on electrical work that my Electriscreen Firehawk would have required to put into place.

But as DownUnder said, a speaker here, an amp there...

Rick

I guess i just should have said "amazing ender"....my comment wasn't a slight on the builders of these dream setups. i know it takes time and patience. i'm sure ender didn't just go out and buy all of it one day. he obviously put alot of sweat into it as well. good lord, it took me 10yrs. to piece together just the stuff i have now. all i was saying was, what you and i would consider a "great deal" isn't quite something my better half would agree with. ...example: yes i can get that nice looking $2500 receiver for half off, but i could also get "the same thing" at walmart for $200. because "they all do the same thing." dedicate a room for a home theater? HA! i'm still holding out hope for someday though. til then, it sure is cool to see pics of these setups. sorry if i have to drool and vent at the same time in a post.

• dtel pinned this topic