Lets see YOUR Home Theater:

Pako

• Moderators

Gardear, James is right. We all love seeing other people's setup, no matter how small they are and even if they aren't dedicated theaters. Reality is that most people do not have the opportunity to have a dedicated theater room. I didn't until we bought our first house and my wife and I have been married for 12 years. We were able to buy a new construction house that was almost finished and had a "media room". There are people all through this thread that have great setups with the Synergy line...there are probably some that have posted with the Quintets. It's all good. I tend to believe that the majority of forum members are here to encourage each other. You've got a great setup. How many people do you personally know that have a setup as nice as you? I know no one in my family and none of my friends even have a surround sound setup except for the HTIB type. So enjoy what you have, look for deals when you can and the wife gives you the [Y] because that's important in any healthy marriage, and be sure to post some pics of your setup. We would love to see it!

very nice room. i bet the back of that tv gets hot

Thanks, I joke that the fireplace that it is is front of can be well simulated by a DVD, the temp is about the same. We used to have it setup against the left wall and just moved it, we think this works better even with the window on the right halfway in the Khorn.

oblio - very nice - love the khorns - i can only imagine how great they sound [Y]

gardear - my post above was only intended as an encouraging one and never was meant to be taken any other way. like mentioned above many of the forum members (including me) do not have a dedicated HT room or mancave. you already have a great set up, better than most.. [Y]

very nice room. i bet the back of that tv gets hot

Thanks, I joke that the fireplace that it is is front of can be well simulated by a DVD, the temp is about the same. We used to have it setup against the left wall and just moved it, we think this works better even with the window on the right halfway in the Khorn.

Looks good. You should put the center in the fireplace. [H]

http://forums.klipsch.com/forums/t/125260.aspx

oblio - very nice - love the khorns - i can only imagine how great they sound Yes

gardear - my post above was only intended as an encouraging one and never was meant to be taken any other way. like mentioned above many of the forum members (including me) do not have a dedicated HT room or mancave. you already have a great set up, better than most.. Yes

Holy cow those things are huge! For a second I thought they were dressers or some type of bookcase!

Rick

oblio - very nice - love the khorns - i can only imagine how great they sound

KHorns make great mains in HT, I'm currently thinking of pulling the trigger on Danley DTS-10 tapped horn for a sub. The KHorns do pretty good without a sub but I want something that will fill out the lower LFE octaves.

My living room is open to the entry and dining room. Shallow and wide, but the vaulted accousic ceiling is a nice bonus. After setting up the tv, I realised I needed a much darker front wall. The front wall and all walls toward the front of the house are a dark green. The opposite walls are the same color but lightened up. This keeps the media area darker while not darkening the whole area.

Right now I'm in a transition period. I have stock '82 Cornwalls up front, an RC35 in the center, and my RB5's in the back. I know it's not the optimal set-up, but I'm only a couple months into it.

The Cornwalls will be going under the knife soon. I'm doing my research now on building the horns for the mid and which drivers to use.

Here's the build thread> http://forums.klipsch.com/forums/t/125260.aspx

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

GO66 nice looking room I am getting ready to move into a house were the living room is open to the kitchen like yours, quick question what sub are you using, and hows the bass. Have you tried other placements for the the sub in the room, to hear how it sounds.

thanks

duder

• dtel pinned this topic