Lets see YOUR Home Theater:

Pako

Rear Shot. The Surrounds are not Klipsch. I haven't figured out yet if the RS-42's will fit correctly as they will hang much lower. The front Presence speakers are from the reference line so I want the rest of the ambiance speakers to have similar drivers. I had a 7.1 set up in the past. To my taste the sound from center rears leaves me wanting more. I am very happy with 5.1 surround with sound sprayers.

post-35766-1381951215467_thumb.jpg

Nice looking set up, I like your speaker wire do you have any info maybe I will Google the brands you have down. I mainly like the look of them also hows the bass I noticed that your living room opens to your kitchen I will have the same situation.

duder

Thanks. The speaker wire is Canare Star Quad wrapped with TechFlex. The bass is good even though the room opens up to a dining room and kitchen. I played around with the placement and the corner worked out. For me I wanted a compromise between aesthetics and acoustics.

Rear Shot. The Surrounds are not Klipsch. I haven't figured out yet if the RS-42's will fit correctly as they will hang much lower. The front Presence speakers are from the reference line so I want the rest of the ambiance speakers to have similar drivers. I had a 7.1 set up in the past. To my taste the sound from center rears leaves me wanting more. I am very happy with 5.1 surround with sound sprayers.

Looking at your pics, RS-42s would fit on the side walls which is the recommended placement for surround speakers in a 5.1 setup. I think you'd love the 42s.

I haven't figured out yet if the RS-42's will fit correctly as they will hang much lower.

Looks like the RS42s would be too tall to fit at the bottom of the vault. You'd have to shift the speaker a few inches closer to center, or as Wuzzzer suggested, shift them to the sides.

Rick

%3Ca%20href=Photobucket" mce_src="" alt="" border="" hspace="" vspace="" width="" height="" align="" />

9.1 system (this is my baby)

Yamaha HTR 6090

40" BRAVIA® XBR® series LCD Flat Panel HDTV

Play Station 3

Sony DVP-N575H DVD PLAYER

HD DTV DVR

Monster Power HTS1600

Sony Sub SA-WM500

Klipsch F-3 (mains)

Klipsch C-3 (center)

Klipsch B-3 (presence)

Klipsch F-3 (surrounds)

Klipsch S-2 (surrounds back)

All Monster THX wiring

NEC NP4000 PROJECTOR

100" Remote Controled Screen

WII

Harmony® 890 Pro Advanced Universal Remote

Harmony® RF Wireless Extender

Harmony® Adapter for PLAYSTATION®3

• Moderators

Your system looks nice but I'm trying to figure out what benefit the bookshelf speakers under your center channel would offer. With them being close together, and not angled upward towards the listening area, just not sure how they would enhance the sound. Maybe I'm missing something.

Nice looking set up, I like your speaker wire do you have any info maybe I will Google the brands you have down. I mainly like the look of them also hows the bass I noticed that your living room opens to your kitchen I will have the same situation.

duder

I'm in the process of offering DIY speaker wires and interconnects. canare star quad is the same stuff I'll be using and the total cable cost will be $2/ft +$5 for terminations of your choice (per wire). I'll be offering up some review samples as I get closer to marketing; send me a PM if you'd like the speaker wire slot.

• dtel pinned this topic