Lets see YOUR Home Theater:

Pako

• Moderators

how do those 83s sound behind that wall?

At
first I was very disappointed with 2ch listening because I could not
toe them in as far as I wanted to. I then tried toeing them in
slightly less and enjoy 2ch listening much better. If I move to the
back row, it's the same effect of sitting in the front row and toeing
them in more. Before we added the "door panels", they sounded even
better because I could pull them slightly out in front of the cabinet
and angle them in more. I watch more movies than I do listening to
music so it's not super critical. For HT, they sound amazing. I
recently had guests over to watch the new Mummy movie, what a blast!

yeah i was just wondering, because I recently pulled my whole entertainment center forward a total of about 18 inches off the wall, which puts the RF63s about 2 1/2 feet off the wall. They really opened up alot. They sound more full and the bass is really outstanding when my sub is turned off.

It's just some standard medium and large diameter corrugated split loom for wiring. I also used some of the spiral wrap style wire loom as well. It looks much cleaner when all the power cords and audio cords are routed and loomed together, mindful of running the power and low voltage signal wires separately of course. It used to be a giant rat's nest back there. My anal-retentive nature couldn't stand it like that for very long.

Youthman - looks fantastic, you have to be so happy with that - well done -- now you can sit back and enjoy it Yes

EdmundGTP - very nice and extremely clean - well done. Yes

I second your post.Cool

I third your post

Admittingly it was a great post.[:D]

Depends on where you're sitting but straight would sound better than toeing them out.

klipsch head just toed the towers in and spread them a little further apart, wow big difference can certainly notice a difference hey thanks for the advice

• Moderators

Thanks to everyone for the kind words. I debated whether or not to "hide" the RF-83's. Part of me is tempted to remove the door panels and enclosing the sides of the entertainment center with mesh cloth so that it can continue to breathe through there but give it a finshed look. I was told awhile back that when the lights go down, you want the front stage to completely disappear and that's exactly what it does. You don't see anything but the screen and the sound breathes from behind the false wall.

Nice setup Edmund. Very classy design. One suggestion is that you might want to try angleing your center channel slightly upwards so that it is aimed towards your head. When I first bought an RC-7, I was disappointed with the sound with it being on top of my TV. Problem was, a lot of the sound was going over my head. Someone suggested I angle it downwards and WOW, what a difference.

Bailz, as you have seen, small changes in position can have a huge impact on sound. I found that out with my setup on several occassions. I guess that's why you never stop tweeking because you always can find slight improvements by adjusting parameters.

• dtel pinned this topic