Lets see YOUR Home Theater:

Pako

I don't mean to nit pick,

no,no, very good nit picking indeed, still very much playing around with them, its in the corner at the moment, next move is put flat against the red wall and floorstanders in each corner toed in,

question klipschhead281, because they are right next to the screen at the moment would it still be better to toe in than out, or straight???

I don't mean to nit pick,

no,no, very good nit picking indeed, still very much playing around with them, its in the corner at the moment, next move is put flat against the red wall and floorstanders in each corner toed in,

question klipschhead281, because they are right next to the screen at the moment would it still be better to toe in than out, or straight???

Depends on where you're sitting but straight would sound better than toeing them out. Here is an article on speaker placement. Scroll down to get to the toe in section but the whole article is worth reading.

http://www.practical-home-theater-guide.com/home-theater-speaker-placement.html

Here is my HT Front stage, back/side stage is a pair of white RS35’s, the box like thingy that plasma is sitting on is what my wife and I built, ideally we wanted it to go right across to both ends of entertainment cabinet that holds all the equipment. But getting the wood to accomplish this proved much more difficult than first thought. Anyway this is the best we could do with the materials available to us and the knowledge on the subject. My wife and I are not the most talented woodcraft people in the world but we can still try.

Front stage is RF35’s, RC7, RW12 married to Yammy AVR and Rotel power amp

Mind the makeshift blue feet angling the centre speaker – this is just very temporarily until I get black feet thingies.

DU,

The back of the plasma stand is not closed off is it? Only asking since the RC-7 has the rear ports you want them to breath or it might sound a little more booming.

Other then that, great looking setup. No matter what you and the wife can say you built that together. [Y]

Also already pointed out the makeshift blue feet, where did you get those, I need some for my RC-64... [:P]

James

Thanks James.. no the back is not closed off, in the back middle I have another piece of wood for extra support but this is right behind where the banana plugs are. So the back is good and clear. Good advice tho. This is just a temporary stand until I find another entertainment unit, but we are in no hurry for this, I mentioned to wife that we will replace the whole unit, but she was like what for we built the stand ourselves.. so we will see. At the moment it will definitely do.

Also already pointed out the makeshift blue feet, where did you get those, I need some for my RC-64... Stick out tongue

They are fantastic, they also come in different shapes and adjustable sizes.. maybe I’ll put a fancy name on them like ‘Rednunwod’ (which is down under spelled backwards) and sell them $10 bucks a pop. [:D]

• dtel pinned this topic