Lets see YOUR Home Theater:

Pako

Jbpjr,

Those are some really nice setups... [Y] Which speakers are those and how many?

In the last picture, the office, is that the sub in the corner? Hoe does it sound that high up?

What sub is that in the gym?

James

Also great looking dog...

Jbpjr,

Those are some really nice setups... Yes Which speakers are those and how many?

In the last picture, the office, is that the sub in the corner? Hoe does it sound that high up?

James

Thanks, basically using all the speakers I already had, just have a single RB-81 and a pair of KS-525's boxed up. Bedroom has RB-81's, RC-62, RS-52's and RT-10D with Elite SC-05. Was using all 81's, but figured I could put them to better use else where. I will say the 81 makes for a great center channel speaker, prefer it over the 62.

Yeah, that's a SVS tube in corner. Doesn't sound great on top of desk, but better than it did under it. Still moving it around and trying different locations but don't have many options.

The SVS PB12-plus2 is pulling gym duty. Never really could get it sounding right after I got the 650's in HT. Very happy with the KW-120's, for me, they a far superior to the SVS. The 120's still can get really deep, similiar to the SVS, but they blend so much better. It could be that I just wasn't able to get the SVS tuned correctly, but really impressed with the KW-120's.

That's my 6 yr old bulldog, thanks for compliments.

Jbpjr,

James

Thanks, basically using all the speakers I already had, just have a single RB-81 and a pair of KS-525's boxed up. Bedroom has RB-81's, RC-62, RS-52's and RT-10D with Elite SC-05. Was using all 81's, but figured I could put them to better use else where. I will say the 81 makes for a great center channel speaker, prefer it over the 62.

Yeah, that's a SVS tube in corner. Doesn't sound great on top of desk, but better than it did under it. Still moving it around and trying different locations but don't have many options.

The SVS PB12-plus2 is pulling gym duty. Never really could get it sounding right after I got the 650's in HT. Very happy with the KW-120's, for me, they a far superior to the SVS. The 120's still can get really deep, similiar to the SVS, but they blend so much better. It could be that I just wasn't able to get the SVS tuned correctly, but really impressed with the KW-120's.

great system man....congrats..ithe klipsch ultra 2 qith two subs...after looking at ur 4 subs am planning on getting another two..but my room is a dedicated theater room 14 feet wide by 22 fet long...will 4 thx subs be over kill??

Ok I'll play and post a pic of my slimmed down system in the den

That looks great, let alone a den system... [Y]

What is everything in the system, including the speakers. I don't know to much about them but they look like Martin Logan's.

James

That looks great, let alone a den system... Yes

What is everything in the system, including the speakers. I don't know to much about them but they look like Martin Logan's.

James

Cornwalls got me started on this site many years ago, but I've gone to the dark side and now run electrostats in my den and horns in my living room.

Samsung LN52A750 52" LCD
OPPO BDP-83 Blu Ray Universal (redbook and SACD)
Panamax M5400-PM power conditioner
Cable box
Ampzilla 2000 mono blocks
Yamaha RX-V1400 receiver
Mains Martin Logan CLS
Center Martin Logan Cinema
Surrounds JBL SAT-2

Jbpjr,

James

great system man....congrats..ithe klipsch ultra 2 qith two subs...after looking at ur 4 subs am planning on getting another two..but my room is a dedicated theater room 14 feet wide by 22 fet long...will 4 thx subs be over kill??

Thanks. I would only consider it overkill if additional costs are issue. I had two kw-120's for a few weeks before other two arrived. With four, I had noticeable gain, nothing huge. If you can afford to get four, why not? Know I've spent more money on dumber things before.

• Moderators

I would personally like to thank all those who have helped me in the process of putting together my first home theater. The Klipsch and AVS forums have been invaluable to me. It has been a dream of mine for quite sometime but to be honest, I didn't really think I would ever have one. It has been a fun process over the past 6 months and has turned out much nicer than I have ever dreamed.

Front of Room:
Custom Entertainment Center / False Wall
103" Diagonal Elite Cinema235 Scope Screen in white with 1.1 gain
Klipsch RF-83 Floorstanding Speakers (behind far left and right panels)

Klipsch RC-64 Center Channel (behind top center panel)

Velodyne HGS15 Subwoofer (behind bottom left panel)

Yamaha RX-V1800 Receiver (behind bottom center panel)

Sony PS3 (behind bottom center panel)

Wii (behind bottom center panel)

Back of Room:
Front Row Theater Seats in black leather - From the Aurora Collection
at American Signature. They have electric recline and are plugged into
the rear riser.

Back Row Theater Seats in black leather - Manual recline. I'm not sure of the brand or model.

Panasonic AE3000u Projector

Klipsch RB-35 Rear Speakers

Misc:

40' HDMI Cable from Monoprice.com

3' HDMI Cable from Monoprice.com

Lutron Maestro Lighting System with remote

Although there are some future additions (Universal Remote, External Amps, Additional Sub, Lights for steps in riser, Blackout Fabric for windows & DIY Acoustic Panels), for the most part, the theater is finished and fully functional.

post-27215-13819475365248_thumb.jpg

• Moderators

Youthman, looks like your theater turned out to be completely AWESOME!

It looks absolutely fantastic. It's great to see what some crafty shopping and bargain-hunting can turn into.

I'm glad it turned out so nice for you.

Enjoy!

Thanks. Craislist and Bartering has truly been my friend.

• dtel pinned this topic