Lets see YOUR Home Theater:

Pako

Newest speaker addition for side effects. KPT-12-VB

Rudy... looks good. I don't usually like to point out what I perceive as flaws in someone elses home theater.... however, I gotta tell you. If you like the 12VB's now, you will really love them when you get them off the floor and put them on the wall.

[ Rudy... looks good. I don't usually like to point out what I perceive as flaws in someone elses home theater.... however, I gotta tell you. If you like the 12VB's now, you will really love them when you get them off the floor and put them on the wall.

What?! I better get to work! Oh, wait, I already did that. Here's a picture:

BTW Lylefan, this was all your fault! Thank you. [:)]

post-10337-13819526324602_thumb.jpg

• Moderators

People want to make fun of the Pro line being used in homes but they apparently have not heard them, it's easy to give an opinion on something you have not heard or " think " is not fit for the home ! I read it all the time here on the forum, and know it's not true because I hear it for myself in my own house.

People want to make fun of the Pro line being used in homes but they apparently have not heard them, it's easy to give an opinion on something you have not heard or " think " is not fit for the home ! I read it all the time here on the forum, and know it's not true because I hear it for myself in my own house.

Up until now I had not experienced the Pro line. I have also never heard a set of effects speakers that sound this good! I previously had 4 Cornwalls serving that role, but they are too big, take up too much floor space and didn't sound nearly as spatially correct as the KPTs. Cornwalls are great as mains, but as effects speakers they were too 'direct' when trying to emulate movie effects. I am so glad I made this purchase.

• Moderators

If I had the money I would get a couple like that and something a little better/bigger for a center and use the MWM/k402 for the front R&L. That way I could remove the 4 Forte ll's and 2 Fortes from the room and still have a good Ht and 2 CH.

I really like the way those direct the sound both ways with those new horns, and it's pretty compact considering what they can do.

People poo-poo pro amps too, until they hear them. I've had more than one jaw drop then turn into a s**t eatin grin after a demo at my house. Nobody thinks pro-amps should sound that good.

If I had the money I would get a couple like that and something a little better/bigger for a center and use the MWM/k402 for the front R&L. That way I could remove the 4 Forte ll's and 2 Fortes from the room and still have a good Ht and 2 CH.

I really like the way those direct the sound both ways with those new horns, and it's pretty compact considering what they can do.

I financed my purchase with the sale of the 4 Cornwalls. They didn't bring nearly enough, but made it possible. I can't tell you how much better the pro speakers sound vs. the direct firing speakers. It is a whole other level of sound for the HT. Save your pennies and get it done. I was also very pleased with the amount of floor space I got back.

• Moderators

I guess I need to save pennies, Christy will not let me sell any of the Forte's, we talked about this before. I was thinking she might like having the 6 Forte's out of the room but she said no were not selling the Forte's. I really can't complain so we will just wait and see.

I guess I need to save pennies, Christy will not let me sell any of the Forte's, we talked about this before. I was thinking she might like having the 6 Forte's out of the room but she said no were not selling the Forte's. I really can't complain so we will just wait and see.

You need to approach this from the 'decoration' perspective. Remind her how much room she will have and how the V-bat speakers will be off the floor and high on the wall. Much less obstrusive don't you know!

Think of little tables and decorative things where the Heresys are now. [;)]

Hey there Rudy and dtel.. You guys are too funny [:)]

Well, I must say, the pro line surrounds do look VERY professional. Our local 'ShowCase' cinema uses JBL, and its funny, they are a close design in shape to the Klipsch. I believe its still a 5.1 type of system however. I counted 7 of these surrounds on each side wall (14 total!) of the theater and two across that rear on either side of the projection booth...

Well, just my couple of cents worth. Hope you two guys get together and have a 'theatre appreciation day' just like we do hear in the North East with our two channel vintage sessions, I surely would like to hear about it !

All best,

Gary

• Moderators

You need to approach this from the 'decoration' perspective. Remind her how much room she will have and how the V-bat speakers will be off the floor and high on the wall. Much less obstrusive don't you know!

That's what I did and she looked at me and said do you have a problem with the way it looks , I don't ! They bought nice furniture and decorate but big wooden boxes is not a problem for them.

She has never had a problem with big speakers from the day we got married 31 years ago, but was never really interested in any of it as long as the music sounded good. I got her reading here and after a couple of pilgrimages she has caught the bug as bad as anyone here. I couldn't sell any of our speakers if I wanted, even when we have bigger and better, she won't turn any loose .

I will give you an idea how she is, we went to go listen to some speakers with a group of people from the forum a couple of years ago. We were listening to the best Klipsch has including the Pro lineup, it was her and my daughter and myself, after listening to many things they plugged in the MWM/K402. She looked at me and our daughter and they both turned to me at the same time and said that's what we want ! [:o] I thought they were kidding being the MWM's are that BIG, I laughed and said OK not realizing they were serious. After listening a little more they said figure out what we need to do considering we will have to do it a little at a time as far as money goes. They were serious, but I figured after we leave and time passes they will change there mind.

After we were home a few days I said do you really want them and they both said yes. I even put some big sheets of white paper together to show the footprint and put in place so they could see how big the were and was told " I told you they would fit ".

So there here and sound great, and she still don't want to get rid of any of the others, that's one of the Forte ll's for HT sitting on the end of the MWM's in my avatar.

I am not complaining I just find it strange when I hear so many wives/girlfriends complain about speakers. We have a pair of Heresy's in the workshop missing a few parts she wants put back together for her Jeep !

• Moderators

Since this is " Lets see your Ht " I will put a picture even though it is a living room and not a dedicated Ht.

You can't see the 3 rear Forte's in this pic because there behind the beam on the ceiling pointed down on an angle. That room is 18' deep and 24' wide. The pic is a little funny because a flash would not cover everything so I just used a slow shutter speed.

post-11804-13819526331576_thumb.jpg

• Moderators

Rear outside 2 are original Forte's and the center is a Forte ll, the 3 across the front are ll's also.

They won't fall, that's 1/4" thick brackets with big lag bolts into the 2 x 12's that make up that beam.

post-11804-13819526337786_thumb.jpg

• Moderators

Wow, Dtel. Nice setup you have there. That's some crazy large speakers but as long as the wife is happy, that's great. It's cool that she loves this as much as you do.

I hope you don't mind but I edited your photo so that others can see your setup a little better. It's just too nice to be sitting in the dark. [:D]

post-27215-1381952634089_thumb.jpg

• Moderators

Thanks

When people say how big the K402 it is a little funny to me after looking at this.

This is what runs everything, the crossover (DX) and the two amps, there only 25 WPC.

The Yamaha HTR is the pre-amp for now ( Pre-outs ) and I just set it to Stereo and press the A speaker button to disconnect the two Ht speakers, it works until I can get a different Pre-amp.

The were not in the other pic when I took it.

post-11804-1381952634315_thumb.jpg

dtel, I was going to try the DX38 in my own set up to see how actively crossing a Khorn would sound. This little idea has turned into a big project and I got a hold of an EV DC-ONE so I can do a stereo 3-way active filter. It should come in tomorrow, so I'm waiting to try it out.

• dtel pinned this topic