Lets see YOUR Home Theater:

Pako

Thanks EVERYONE for your very nice compliments on the 'Longfellow
Music and Movie House' as we like to call it [:D] I think some have
asked which electronics are used in this system, and I would be GLAD to
share with you now...

First off, DALLASF1, looks like you are in a converted `warehouse' apartment - COOL ! Can we see more of it ? (just being nosey [;)] ) Looks like you got some good gear there too !

Anyway, what powers this theater?

Onkyo TXSR606 7.1 receiver.

Panasonic BD-55 BluRay player (with BD-LIVE internet)

Philps DVD 795SA SACD player

All speakers are made by Pinnacle and are from the 'Audio Cinema' series (except ctr channel). Main fronts, center and sub are totally hidden. (adds mystery factor [:D])

Flagship AC-850ies up front (on stands)

PN-50 for center (wall mounted just behind and above screen)

AC-500s for all four surrounds, wall and column mounted as seen in last photo.

The subwoofer is the very nice VELODYNE F-1500-R I ran this down to 15Hz. with an analog signal generator and its VERY potent for only 250 watts!

And thats all folks, a couple of HDMI cables and six RCA coax lines run from the SACD player along with Monster for the speakers and THATS IT ! Simple and unclutered of accessories and ancillaries etc...

Thanks for reading [;)]

Thanks for sharing Dallas! Place looks GREAT! There is an old
factory complex that has been put on hold for a while in the next town
over, It will be very nice
once they start work I'm sure.

Ok you Nikon guys! If you'll excuse the results of those theater photos of mine you have been looking at..............Taken with a new Canon 450-D .... Equiv of the D90.. I will say, I like the quiet shutter of the Nikon product, both my XTI and SXI have an annoying motor windup that always 'blows my cover' when I am trying to be descrete [:'(]

OH! Forgot to mention the LCD screen in the HT equipment listing... New Vizio 47" XVT 120 Hz. (just right for the little room) Love it, and the price..............LOW (Costco)

Just finished my neighbors 'livingroom' home theater from scratch and had them buy the Vizio 55" XVT... BIG and same high quality picture, which you can see in the Longfellow Theater photos as well.

Thanks for you time guys...

..........Gary

• Moderators

Thanks EVERYONE for your very nice compliments on the 'Longfellow Music and Movie House' as we like to call it Big Smile

[:|] Well congratulations on the Longfellow thing ( we don't need pic's ), I had no idea ! [Y][:o][;)]

Your right I think some of these company's see some people and give them the " looks package " which happens to have the largest markup and only has results you can see. When we left that man's house I was shocked, I told my wife when we left, I could get some Synergy speakers from BB that would make his mouth drop when he heard them compared to what he was sold. I didn't know him personally so I didn't feel I should say anything, if we ever got to be friends I would have no choice, it was really sad.

The room itself was unbelievable it was really well done.

• Moderators

Dallas, nice looking place, I like those converted buildings with the high ceilings. It looks like stained and sealed concrete, I wish we had done that to our house but it was to late when we found out about it, but we did do the front porch it's very tough stuff and easy to reseal.

Thank's for the comps guys....and yes it does sound amazing. The bass just rips through everything, even the concrete.

It was alot of teadeous work. I even have a 2" tube that runs from the receiver through the ceiling down to behind the Plasma. Just in case I need to fish any cables through in the future.

Hey there NOZ, your ceiling reminds me of my theater here. We both have a forced air duct on the right side of the ceiling. What I had the contractor do is continue the lowered duct area and carry it across the front so I could have a kind of half cove. Worked out really well.

Now, the only thing I noted about your setup is.......... The seating area. I think the screen would be happier if you took the sectional and made a double row facing FORWARD for all your theater goers [;)]

Also, is this a 5.1 room ? Looking for the left surround....

Take care, and add yours when you get a moment to write.

All best,

Gary

• dtel pinned this topic