Lets see YOUR Home Theater:

Pako

Me too....they sound great....but are still ugly.

Ugly ? Really ?DSCN3047.jpg Ehh , I guess beauty is in the eye of the beholder . Or something like that .

I wanted LaScala's for a long as was in this hobby, my highschool used the pro set for Sound Re-enforcement for there Jazz concerts, and when I actually got them an placed them in my room, they were HUGE! Not ugly, but certainly dated-- compared to what Klipsch offers today for main stream consumers. Still, when I put in some of my favorite music they were just perfect. Seemingly unlimited Ultra clean output. I like them so much that I tossed my plan to go professional studio monitors all around.

Sound is big, dispersion control is important, and dynamic range is key. All Heritage speakers have those excellent qualities.

5 Belle or 5 of any heritage all around is just about the best thing going for music lovers.

CLICK ON PHOTO for COMPLETE image...

I am posting this one from my music room, and YES, they do command a bit of a foot print, but thats all part of it...........

The K'Horns have a beautiful 'book match' veneer on both the front of the bass horn and across the top of the mid/tweeter cabinet on top. This set is a great example of it. These, dated 1968 and powered by some rebuilt vintage tube gear. A warm sound for sure.

This is NOT a home theater setup, but more of a two channel listening 'station' with a Sony CRT monitor for the CD player which is onscreen display only [:)]

........Gary

post-23544-1381954024872_thumb.jpg

post-23544-13819567363526_thumb.jpg

post-23544-13819568691742_thumb.jpg

• Moderators

I have to say that the RF-83 setup has it's purpose as does the two Cornwall setups and the Heresy setup. All different in what they do but share one common thing, that great Klipsch sound....

If I had to guess, you think the Corns are better suited for music and the RF-83's are better for HT? Just curious on your thoughts since you have both.

well i dont know if that question is directed towards me or not but i have both the 83's and cornwalls, so heres my 2 cents....... the cornwalls are stand alone when it comes to music, especially when paired with a nice amp. but on the other hand i have the 83's matched with 2 kw thx subs, and when they are playing at a decent volume they are great too, its just that the two produce a totally diffrent sound in my opinion. i have not tried the cornwalls for home theater, but i would amagine they would be good. but to answer the question, yes i agree that the cornwalls are better for music. they just present an overall bigger soundstage.

Since I aquired the almost free RF-7's I decided to get a bigger tv..then needed a new stand for the tv..Now I need a bigger center channel and then a bigger sub.

Free never costed so much lol

Yes, get that wimpy center out of there! I think I see it cowering in terror from those mighty RF-7s!

• Moderators

Yes, get that wimpy center out of there! I think I see it cowering in terror from those mighty RF-7s!

Oh wow....sadly enough, I didn't even see the center until you mentioned it. Definitely need to upgrade that. My guess is it is just speechless when the movie starts.

LOL Guys!

Oh I forgot to mention I need a bigger receiver too..This hobby makes me go crazy sometimes.

If I turn the mains down to -9 and the center up to +10 it evens out. ...anywayz.. All the upgrading I need to do to keep these RF-7's is overwhelming for my budget thats left over after the tv ( 0 ). I might sell them or trade for a pair of RF 52's plus cash. Or just keep the quintet going for another year until the funds build up again.

Whatever I do what I know is...I need to stop looking online for audio gear.

• Moderators

If I turn the mains down to -9 and the center up to +10 it evens out.

This is because the RF-7's are much more efficient than the quintets so they take less power to drive them at the same volume.

Whatever I do what I know is...I need to stop looking online for audio gear. My wife says im nuts

Yep, welcome to the club...disease...sickness....whatever you want to call it.

• dtel pinned this topic