Lets see YOUR Home Theater:

Pako

hey "jbpjr",

i notice in your pictures from a while back that you have the thx system with 4 of the kw-120 subs. i was wondering how you like it with the extra bass? i am thinking of doing the same and putting one in all 4 corners of the room. either that or stacking 2 on top and having dual bass towers. let me know if you see this, thanks.

hey "jbpjr",

i notice in your pictures from a while back that you have the thx system with 4 of the kw-120 subs. i was wondering how you like it with the extra bass? i am thinking of doing the same and putting one in all 4 corners of the room. either that or stacking 2 on top and having dual bass towers. let me know if you see this, thanks.

I know nothing on this so don't take this as I know what I am talking about. But there is something in The white pages on the hamran/kardon website from DR. Toole , about placing a sub in each mid way point of the room to help with modes. I haven't looked into it yet buy might be worth looking into or maybe someone else understands and knows more. duder

I was wondering the same thing, what looks cheesy? I must have missed something. I have gone back several pages and can't find what he is talking about. Ohiopatriot, were you not happy with your RF25 mains? Or, just found the opportunity for a change? I don't have mine totally set up yet. I am excited to see how they sound all set up in the room.

iTide I was happy with the RF-25 but I was after that sound I heard from the Heresy when I first heard them back in 1985 while in the Army in Germany. The 25s have a different sound, good but different. When you start with these Klipsch it then becomes a habit. You want more and more. Enjoy yours!

post-36979-1381955489074_thumb.jpg

post-36979-13819570207238_thumb.jpg

Since I aquired the almost free RF-7's I decided to get a bigger tv..then needed a new stand for the tv..Now I need a bigger center channel and then a bigger sub.

Free never costed so much lol

Hahahahahahaha.....I can relate. When my low-def sat-receiver went bad in 2004, the chain reaction result cost me more than $10,000+.

New toys are always fun...I have a hard time even keeping up with them. Shortly before Christmas, I picked up a Yamaha RXV-3900

IMG_2597.jpg?t=1268423289 I allowed a brief moment for the old/new to pose together before the old (RXV2500) was sent to serve "Garage Duty" to anchor my garage system. The 2500 served it's purpose well.....it was an excellent HT receiver..IMO

Since then, I bought Klipsch speakers to hang as "BACK" speakers...

IMG_2721.jpg?t=1268423529

Here is one.......being prepared to hang.......with booze present....(of course)

After the hanging along the back-wall...............

IMG_2724.jpg?t=1268423637It was a match made in heaven...LOL I had space restrictions....and it fit the mark!!

LOL

You should look into getting glass tops made so your not sitting anything directly on the speakers.

Definitely...even if you think no one will ever put anything on them. I had someone set a can of compressed air they were using on one of my Quartets and it etched a ring in the veneer. :(

The body has been well hidden.

I wanted to add, it looks like another Cornwall would fit find in the middle. You can probably sell that Academy? for more than an odd one.

When I go flat panel I am probably going to do a 3 main setup with my EQ rack being on both sides of the center for symmetry.

Buckeye,

That looks great, a perfect fit for the space that you had to deal with...

What kind of bracket did you use, or is it just using the keyhole?

James

thanks... I went to Best Buy and bought wall mounts to hang them....

IMG_2722.jpgConsidering they only weigh about 7lbs each, it wasn't too difficult.

Because of the extreme height, I made sure they were aiming down directly at the primary seating position.I had to deal with what the roomg gave me. My little piece of modest HT heaven.....LOL

• Moderators

Looks great Buckeye! Which wallmounts did you get? I wish I could have angled my RB-35's that much but they are just too heavy and do not have any mounting hardware on the back of them. Gives me a great idea when if I ever go back to 7.1 instead of having to move my speakers lower on my wall.

You should look into getting glass tops made so your not sitting anything directly on the speakers.

Definitely...even if you think no one will ever put anything on them. I had someone set a can of compressed air they were using on one of my Quartets and it etched a ring in the veneer. :(

The body has been well hidden.

I wanted to add, it looks like another Cornwall would fit find in the middle. You can probably sell that Academy? for more than an odd one.

When I go flat panel I am probably going to do a 3 main setup with my EQ rack being on both sides of the center for symmetry.

Funny thing is I brought the Cornwalls down to experiment with the front timbre, I had seen some use a Academy for a center and others use others. I had used one of my Heresies for a center, I had a idea in my head that I knew that the Heresy was turned on its side. So I started to scout for a Academy when I seen that they were 300-400 each and not noticing much different in sound with the Heresy. I gave up, then I came across a deal so I snatched one up. I feel in love with the sound. I was going to sell some stuff when the wife convinced me to KEEP the Cornwalls downstairs, so I did. Then I brought up the idea of getting another Corn like you guys talked about.

I didn't even get threw the conversation when all I herd was no we don't need more speakers in the family room. So I figured this gives me a chance to find some Lascalas for my fronts and move the Corns back to my 2 channel system. So many options so much time. All I know is she told me if I worked on my grammar and spelling I could write a love novel.

Oh yea about the glass tops I was thinking this idea when my new to move in roommate moves in(he works for a glass company its all free) So soon they will be protected.

wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Funny thing is I brought the Cornwalls down to experiment with the front timbre, I had seen some use a Academy for a center and others use others. I had used one of my Heresies for a center, I had a idea in my head that I knew that the Heresy was turned on its side. So I started to scout for a Academy when I seen that they were 300-400 each and not noticing much different in sound with the Heresy. I gave up, then I came across a deal so I snatched one up. I feel in love with the sound. I was going to sell some stuff when the wife convinced me to KEEP the Cornwalls downstairs, so I did. Then I brought up the idea of getting another Corn like you guys talked about.

I didn't even get threw the conversation when all I herd was no we don't need more speakers in the family room. So I figured this gives me a chance to find some Lascalas for my fronts and move the Corns back to my 2 channel system. So many options so much time. All I know is she told me if I worked on my grammar and spelling I could write a love novel.

Oh yea about the glass tops I was thinking this idea when my new to move in roommate moves in(he works for a glass company its all free) So soon they will be protected.

wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wife factor is why I am running white RS-2.5's instead of a more 'boxy' match to my Quartet - Academy setup. I want to go Chorus or Cornwall up front eventually as a subwoofer is not in the cards for 'her' :) The room shakes enough with the Quartets. Personally I'd like two 10-15" and to be able to listen at reference level.

• dtel pinned this topic