Lets see YOUR Home Theater:

Pako

9968c8570ceac5e90dca652e8858123f.jpg

Added extra height speakers and configured them as top middle Atmos speakers. After adding those extra channels and the Panasonic ub9000 I’m finally finished!

The top middle Atmos speakers fill the gap between the front and rear height channels. Although not 100% according to the spec this sounds terrific.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

This is an electric fireplace.  While it can produce some heat if one turns on the heater, it is nothing like the heat produced by a gas or wood burning fireplace.  The insert that I had made for the center channel speaker is a cabinet box (A cabinet maker made the whole fireplace structure.  It houses my electronics in another side cabinet at the same level as the speaker as it is a shelf that extends the entire width of the fireplace and then there is a hidden cabinet at the bottom to house additional electronics.  All my speakers are wireless simply requiring power.

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

I finally got my ceiling speakers installed to make my living room 7.1.4. The next upgrade would probably be a beefier sub or two.

Front: Klipcsh RP 8000F and RP 450 C

Sub: SPL120

Surround: My old Yamaha AX200i's which  used to be my fronts.

Rear Surround: Polk Monitor 50 IIs which used to be my old surrounds.

Ceiling: 4X Polk RC80is.

Receiver: Refurbed Denon X6500 from Accessories 4 less.

IMG-0556.jpg

IMG-0557.jpg

IMG-0558.jpg

• Like 4

On 6/8/2021 at 4:29 PM, BLange said:

Here is my HT, well the front stage….. have a long way to go, but the journey has been fun so far.

719ADC7B-3C5B-4BFF-977D-66F14C1061CE.jpeg

Love it , I had a pair for 30 years and I lost them in a flood but I ended up getting a 11.2 system but still wish I had those 😉🙏

4D791664-C31D-4C69-9F27-15C22710453D.jpeg

• Like 4

On 6/8/2021 at 4:29 PM, BLange said:

Here is my HT, well the front stage….. have a long way to go, but the journey has been fun so far.

719ADC7B-3C5B-4BFF-977D-66F14C1061CE.jpeg

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Ages 3 years, and 3 months, both boys. 

Too big to tip, small enough to fit, simple to run with cheap Sony stuff. 

There's a 12" JBL sub behind the right side, a $100 Craigslist find. Good response from under 25Hz, but definitely not high quality sub bass, or amplification, but whatever.

KV-2 center has the Crites crossover kit and titanium diaphragm, it blends fairly well with the CF2s.

Edit: LOL, I didn't look close enough at the picture before posting, that's a KG2.5 for the center, now there's a KV-2. The KG is back in the NerdLab where it belongs (although lately it's been more of a MehLab).

20210716_221647.jpg

• Like 2

On 7/17/2021 at 11:14 PM, charles m said:

It’s not about what we have , if it sounds good to your ears it’s also good for us ! 

That's very true, this is serving us very well, and sounds quite good.  Sony's auto-calibration is ok, distances and levels need some tweeking afterwards, but things sound very good.  
Working through planning stages of a multi-amp setup, but that's a ways out.

I don't have an HT setup per se but I got a low-ball rig in a spare bedroom. Cheap Epson projector onto a bare wall, AudioSource Amp One, Acoustech PL-66 speakers there's also a little Monoprice sub in the corner. Good enough for cartoons.

IMG_0188_Photographic.jpg

• Like 2