Expected lifespan of the Klipsch Cornwalls?

Just wondering what the lifespan should or could be. I lisen usually under normal to low listening levels, at least I used to until I got these.9.gif

I fing myself listening a little higher now but nothing major. These thing put my ok system over the top for me. Paired with my sub I get great bass if Im listening low after everyones asleep or louder in the day. It dosent hurt that when we built our house (wich is 160 ft long that my music room is at the opposite end of the 5 bedrooms).9.gif

Just curious cause they are 22 years old but new to me, and if something should go wrong should I be stocking up on some replacement drivers or woofers? Thanks.10.gif

Charlie---Don't worry about it buddy, the speakers should last indefinately. The speakers are conservatively designed and made of materials that should easily last, oh 50 years at least, most likely much longer.

I've a pair of similar speakers made in the late 50s that are functioning like new and I know guys that use speakers that are even older and that work fine.

In short, no sweat.

"It dosent hurt that when we built our house (wich is 160 ft long that my music room is at the opposite end of the 5 bedrooms)."

Good Lord!! Are you a movie star, gangster, or a litigation lawyer?? Enjoy your speakers........

HA! No we live in the country and can build where we live fairly cheap (compared to other places) since we own the property. We own a citrus ranch in Central California so when we buit our house from scratch it wasnt too bad.2.gif

I'm not a gangster don't worry! LOL!12.gif

HA! No we live in the country and can build where we live fairly cheap (compared to other places) since we own the property. We own a citrus ranch in Central California so when we buit our house from scratch it wasnt too bad.2.gif

I'm not a gangster don't worry! LOL!12.gif It's roughly 3,600 sq ft.

My wife and kids did live in a trailer for the first 5 years of our marriage so were not rich just thankfull.

22 year old Corns, those are babies compared with my 42 year old '62 Corns. They still have all the original drivers and crossover and operate perfectly. They can still play at insane levels if need be without any strain at all. Parts are readily available from forum members, eBay, and some from Klipsch parts. You have nothing to worry about. Keep on jamming and enjoy!

Don't ever do this, but I tagged B+ of a output transformer to speaker lead of a left Cornwall.

KA-BAAAMMM!!!!!

Fortunately for me the speaker still works fine.

Klipsch are tough.

That wasn't a very bright move.

(These friggin' OPT's have a worthless terminal strips instead of leads.7.gif )

The pair I have now are 31 years old, and I have done nothing to them electronically except tighten screws, and verify phase.

I have a pretty new pair of mint LaScalas that are only 14 years old to benchmark against, and the corns are surely still functioning perfectly.

When I'm gone, my kids will have all my Heritage speakers, and then their kids probably will have them after that.

No telling when the end will come for them.

----------------

On 7/2/2004 1:02:58 PM TBrennan wrote:

Ellis---What's that little picture? It looks like John Kerry, honored Vietnam War veteran and cadidate for President, against a backdrop of a Viet Cong flag? Is that what it is or am I mistaken?

----------------

The casual observer likely can't tell, but the tiny McIntosh VU in my avatar is forcefully responding to a thunderous speech read by Ronald Reagan himself. The Gipper is telling EVERY Democrat within earshot to go straight to H-E-Double-Hockey-Sticks!

4.gif

Except of course, the REAGAN Democrats that voted for him! 2.gif

----------------

On 7/2/2004 1:02:58 PM TBrennan wrote:

Ellis---What's that little picture? It looks like John Kerry, honored Vietnam War veteran and cadidate for President, against a backdrop of a Viet Cong flag? Is that what it is or am I mistaken?

----------------

Tom-

Although the picture may in fact look like John Kerry, it isn't. It's Annette Funicello - post "Mouseketeer". As for the flag, I'm not sure. Perhaps it is a state flag???