I think everyone should start argueing !

NOSValves

Mike, did you see that list of banned members that Trey posted? Wasn't many and most were not 2-channel posters anyway. here it is:

Out of 16,850 users this is the list of The Banned

Kip Winger

forresthump2

forresthump

forresthump3

deam

kain

foodshouldbefree

goose_chaser

kain64

Kip Winger

Zio Ralsa

ZioRalsa

goose_chaser

dried****juice

kain64

gangstarock

BigBusa

blow**

I have been banned

HondaRacing

0x3g3n

LawlAtYew

MiniCooperAddict

Tweek

Ryan C Inman

Shy Boy

KAiN5

KAiN5 (banned )

Clipped and Shorn

29 user names...some the same person with different user names.

That shows the "# of users banned" is less than 0.2%

I only see 3 two-channel posters on there, only two of those ever posted much of anything of value.

So, AFAIC, the supposed loss of people is a red herring. As far as the fear factor goes, I don't see anything to be afraid of. The behavior that will a person kicked off here will get them kicked off anywhere, or out of the local tavern. I don't miss all that mindless bickering at all, getting rid of it just cut the S/N ratio to something a little more manageable.

Personally, the one I miss the most is, OMG, Kelly. Hate to admit it, but there it is. You'll notice he's not on the banned list.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hey Craig,

Because this site has been boring and so sloooooooow lately I even visited your site last night.

I recapped a Scott 340B I got on ebay recently, finished up some appearance mods on the Wrights for SWMBO, cleaned the garage and that was just Friday!!6.gif

We need a good 2A3 v 45 SET debate or maybe PNP v FET.11.gif

Rick

"Personally, the one I miss the most is, OMG, Kelly. Hate to admit it, but there it is. You'll notice he's not on the banned list."

Why should he be on the banned list?

I saw him logged in a couple weeks ago. I guess he'll be a lurker until "El Nino" is completely under control.

well, I tried to post a thread about the 911 movie, but it was gutted by the moderator, including the part about "the zealot often steps away from hard evidence to reach their cherished conclusions," which apllies to all things, audio and political...

7.gif

----------------

On 7/6/2004 7:33:06 PM neo33 wrote:

"Personally, the one I miss the most is, OMG, Kelly. Hate to admit it, but there it is. You'll notice he's not on the banned list."

Why should he be on the banned list?

I saw him logged in a couple weeks ago. I guess he'll be a lurker until "El Nino" is completely under control.----------------

Give me a break !

Actually this place was about the same last year at this time. Everything was dead. Some people have enough sense to get out and enjoy the weather. The forum will survive !

Craig

Reeeally my dear chaps. It is as apparent as the Queen's bum that you colonials have absolutely no proper appreciation for civilized discourse.

It seems obvious that this Nosvalves fellow is an ill-mannered, ill-tempered soul with only the barest acquaintance with, oh how do heathens say it, oh yes, "letters and ciphers".

I say, on this side of pond, we have long since determined that these so called Klipschorns are merely large lumps of logs harvested in the brooding forests of the Yukon, shipped to some dreary outpost in some backwoods village called, of all things, Hope. One presumes, the manufactures of such monstrosities does fervently hope that they produce better sound then some South Sea native clanging on a piece of iron rod.

The better sorts here, of course, have always placed out faith in good old English Oak and truly superb Lucas Electronics.

Well ta, tah.

----------------

On 7/6/2004 8:10:06 PM thebes wrote:

....truly superb Lucas Electronics.

Well ta, tah.

----------------

You can't be serious. 'Lucas Electronics' is just another way of saying 'If it ain't broke, it soon will be'

Now we are getting some where. It does seem slower around here, along with the slow rate this sight is working at now.

Ye, I too miss Kelly and wish he would quit lurking and speak up. He does manage to slam me in home e-mails whenever I forget to mention his help. Yeah Kelly some of us "love you man" and I hate bud light. I miss the over bearing, correct me all the time, remind me of my ** wife mobilehomeless.

I have noticed many of you have been visiting other sections of the Forum more often. I just do not have the time.

Craig, maybe if you spent more time fixing our gear we would have something to talk about. How about a of show of hands "Who has gear waiting on Craig to fix?". Now thats a healthy topic for debate. I thought the US Postal sevice was slow, he makes even UPS look good.

----------------

On 7/6/2004 7:19:35 PM Tom Mobley wrote:

Mike, did you see that list of banned members that Trey posted? Wasn't many and most were not 2-channel posters anyway. here it is:

Out of 16,850 users this is the list of The Banned

Ryan C Inman

----------------

Inman isn't actually gone anyway. He is back in neutered form under the new name Tung-Sol Lamp Works. One thing nice though is that all of his thousands of old posts, except for some posted under his other aliases, have been deleted from the system.

----------------

On 7/6/2004 9:28:01 PM Tung-Sol Lamp Works wrote:

Where is your proof?

----------------

All Ryan C. Inman posts are gone and deleted. There are some Ryan C Inman (no period after middle initial) posts remaining though.

----------------

On 7/6/2004 8:27:32 PM NOSValves wrote:

Yup ill-mannered, ill-tempered soul you got me pegged !

----------------

Forgot the part about being " hung " like a farm animal . 9.gif

No, you need to go back and take a better look at the picture. That is actually his backside/better side and you are looking at his tail!2.gif Definitely a member of the horse family, just not sure what variety.9.gif

----------------

On 7/6/2004 10:16:33 PM Dflip wrote:

----------------

On 7/6/2004 8:27:32 PM NOSValves wrote:

Yup ill-mannered, ill-tempered soul you got me pegged !

----------------

Forgot the part about being " hung " like a farm animal .
"<a
http://forums.klipsch.com/idealbb/images/smilies/9.gif">

No, you need to go back and take a better look at the picture. That is actually his backside/better side and you are looking at his tail!
2.gif
Definitely a member of the horse family, just not sure what variety.
9.gif

----------------

I thought it was just how he was holding that fish in the picture...

I think you all need to upgrade your crossovers. I just don't think I can take any of your advice on equipment seriously until you do. Please email me for a quote, which for forum members -- will now be twice as much than my normal over the top pricing.

Also, I've been working very close with NOSvalves, and the NOW available VRDs are being voiced to work in conjunction with my crossovers. Therefore, to get the absolute best sound possible -- one needs to purchase both together. I have talked Craig into running a promotional sale: Buy my Type As, Type AAs, and a set of my AK-3s -- and the VRDs are FREE!!

Disclaimer: This has not been an advertisement, and in no way is meant to promote the work of DeanG or NOSvalves.

Ryan, the proof was posted on Taylor's new audio forum, through your personal statement and IP address, and everyone who read the thread would be glad to confirm the veracity of this statement. For a young adult in his early twenties, you have a lot going for you. Try not to confuse your knowledge and length of life experience with a lack of respect due to your tender age.

Respect often arises out of speaking the truth, and being respectful of others, not from being more intelligent. You keep tripping over your behaviour and lack of respect for other's intelligence and hard work. In deliberately misrepresenting yourself, changing your posting names, making statements of ommission, obstifucation, and material lies, you end up hurting yourself most of all, and lessening the amount of respect others have for you and your accomplishments. You really should reflect on this behaviour and consider the consequences.

Lies have a way of lurking about like landmines, exploding on you at the most inopportune times. There are many forum members who can attest to this pattern, both to the good and to the bad. We have men(and women) of the cloth here, who counsel people on a weekly, if not daily, basis, of the utmost importance to be truthful to one another as a basis of any relationship. We have far too many people who have chosen not to be truthful, cutting corners, lying, cheating on spouses, and behaving in a less than honorable fashion. They all come back to haunt you, and continue to work against you and your spirit until you provide redress. Many have realized this, and have struggled mightily to change.

No matter how intelligent you are, no matter how hard you work, no matter how far you run or how many times you try to hide, the truth always finds you. It is so much easier to stand up, become a truthspeaker and enjoy life as intended than to incrementally destroy your spirit and soul, convincing yourself that it is everyone else who is deluded.

I'll step down from the soapbox and leave it for you. Please know our prayers are with you and your fiancee as you continue toward the life of your choosing.