1976 K-Horns FREE to a good home

bass656

----------------

On 7/19/2004 4:33:28 PM Piranha wrote:

Why would she do that? I could see it if you went out and bought new ones without her consent. But these are FREE!!!! :bigsmile:]

----------------

Uh, you married?

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Gary,

So, sounds like it should work out for you huh? Awesome! That's amazing, you'll have to post pics!

Any chance you'd be looking to make a deal on that pair of Cornwalls? Pass on a little of the good furtune? LOL! I'm a huge cornwall fan, in North east PA and could drive to pick them up if you're interested. Just a stones throw away, I could be there tomorrow, lol! Check out my profile, and you'll see my setup.

Shoot me a line- markvi82@hotmail.com or call 570-856-2515.

Take it easy, and good luck!

Jon

I had a guy offer me a free used spark plug once, I think it was a 1976 model, too!

Seriously, good for you gary, sure they well be very much enjoyed, as will the Corns as the trickle down theory proves effective once again. I'm guessing that somewhere in the Amazonian Rain Forest, a gnat scratched it a$$ yesterday. Anyone heard if there is a Tsunami set to hit Japan tomorrow?

Champagne,

It proves that there are things in life more important than money.....especially once one has enough (I'm guessing that's the case with this owner/giver, since he DID give them away). It was more important to this person that the recipient appreciate this gift than the $$$$ gained (and that is considerable). That's RARE. But yet it gives me solace, and hope, given that people like this inhabit this planet. People like this truly make the world a better place.

I can relate to that joy of giving Klipsch....I have gifted two pairs of Klipsch (Chorus and KG4 both fully restored) in the last year. The gift of music is priceless. Had I been on time for this thread, I had a future home earmarked for these too.....in the home of a future bride and groom. I was on the forum, but was seeing my wife off to work....so Gary wins da prize1.gif

Bass656, thanks for gracing us with your presence12.gif

----------------

On 7/19/2004 7:27:55 PM Klipschfoot wrote:

----------------

Any chance you're available tomorrow evening to help me unload?

----------------

I live to schlep Khorns.

----------------

It's the winner of the Bumper Sticker contest!!

I don't want these anyways cause I'd rather pay through the teeth for mine... 9.gif9.gif

----------------

On 7/19/2004 1:39:45 PM gullahisland wrote:

I know of no more deserving soul than Gary. A regular contributor to the forum and a true Klipsch aficonado.

----------------

Seriously though, I couldn't agree more with gullahisland... Gary's a nice guy and a true klispch fan. I'm glad it's you...

Let us know if it works out...

Rob

Way to go Gary, I new you would have Khorns before long. Our music paths keep crossing, but yet heading in the same direction. I guess the only thing left for me is Craig's VRD's. Hate to settle you know. 9.gif You think now you could break down and ge tthat digital camera? You could buy it for the wife as a token of your appreciation.

My wife's taking off work tomorrow to go with me. Scares me a little. I'd rather they just show up. Not much she can do about it at that point. She's seen khorns once at Tom Longo's place. I'm sure they'll be bigger then she remembers though.

Klipschfoot is going to help me schlep them to the basement once home. He's a real mensch.12.gif

Is this place great or what?9.gif

If Gary's as "lucky" as he says he is -- the guy is probably a pychopathic axe murderer.9.gif

Awesome Gary, just drive careful and take your time moving them.

To the person giving these away -- I think you're nuts, but obviously one big hearted soul.

HOW COOL!

Good for you Gary.

Doesn't it just blow your mind?

Talk about restoring ones' faith in humanity.

Wow.

I love it.

Today, at work, a young parts delivery guy came through my shop and commented on the system I had set up in my bay.

He couldn't believe I had set up a turntable at work and how good it sounded.

We talked for a while and I came to realize he has a major passion for vinyl.

Pretty cool for a kid in his early twenties.

Sounded like he had amassed a decent little record collection.

You don't see that kind of enthusiasm too often with this younger crowd. IMO

Not that i'm old or anything (turned 32 on Sunday), but you know what i'm saying.

Anyway, after about an hour of BSing, he tells me about his bookshelf rack stereo he's using to power his old Fisher monsters.

Ouch.

Now, I couldn't bear to hear that from a guy who seemed to be so into his vinyl.

So.....what did I do?

Well, I proceed to reach up on the shelf, unhook my vintage receiver, and handed it to him with a smile on my face.

"What's this?", he asked.

"For you.", I responded.

"NO WAY!", he yelped.

"Sure enough, my friend" I said.

"How much do I owe you?" he asked.

"Nothing" I said. "Just keep on enjoying the music"

He was pretty stunned, to say the least, but accepted my offer with a grin that went from ear to ear.

Heh....

I may have made this guys' day, but he just made my month.

Feels really good.

I'm always trying to help people realize the importance of music in their lives.

It is my mission.

Regards,

John.

....Pay it forward.....