1976 K-Horns FREE to a good home

bass656

Gary, Please give us a full report after you pick them up!

You've all heard the story of the soon to be x-wife selling her husband's Mercedes for $50 to send the cash to him and his mistress in some tropical climate...

Bass656, I'm betting that you will have attached a permanent smile to Gary's face. I'm smiling just thinking about how happy he must be!

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gary

Trully congrats on free Klipschorns, ive decided to keep mine and the cornwall 2s as well as the TSCM i just couldnt part with anything else here, Heresys were enough.

Post a pic as soon as you can, id love to see them.

I never said you didnt deserve these, i was in shock about the free thing.

Best Regards Jim9.gif

I'm speechless. What an offer!!!

and Congrats to Gary of course - lets have some pics up real soon so we can all see these things are real.

Kinda reminds me of the HDBR thread when we all bought a bit of his Heresies.

Sometimes this forum is just the nicest place to be!!

Holy Toledo Gary,

Well it couldn't happen to nicer more audio dedicated guy. Congrats. I'm sure you'll be getting some first class well treated horns. Obviously they had sentimental value for them to be given away like that.

I guess I missed the posts where you picked up the extra corns too. I thought you only had the zebras.

9.gif9.gif

Gary-

Congrats on your new freebies! Pretty amazing story here for sure. Welcome to the big time! Can't wait to see the pics and hear the tales.

Bass656-

Incredible offer you made here. Your special place in heaven has been reserved.

AudioReality,

What you did was an extremely kind and generous thing to do. I'm sure that you'll miss your ole receiver, but I'm equally sure that every time you look in its place (or at its replacement) you will think of that young guy you helped out. Congrats to you for a job well done!

David

P.S. And who knows, maybe the kids the next Bill Gates?!!!9.gif

I'm back with my incredibly beautiful 1976 khorns which are still in the van.

I'm speechless. I can't thank Bill and Anne enough. They welcomed us into their magnificent (I mean MAGNIFICENT!)home with open arms. The speakers are just gorgeous! Pics will come later.

Too speechless to speak anymore for now. Larry and Klipschfoot are on their way. I'll be back.1.gif1.gif1.gif

A truly unbelievable ending!! Congrats Gary.9.gif

bass656, as the saying goes, good things happen to good people. Without a doubt you are definitely a great person and very deserving of good fortune yourself. I certainly wish you all the best that life has to offer.

This has to go down in history as the best thread ever in the Klipsch Forum.

I just got the chills reading your post, Gary!

Not much to say except...WOW! The more this thing unravels, the more obvious it is (at least to me) that you were absolutely MEANT to be the new owner.

A gracious-giver paired with a grateful, respectful recipient...Couldn't have worked out more perfectly.

I concur that this is, without question, the greatest thread in the Klipsch forum.

BEAUTIFUL - 12.gif

I've been on vacation and generally MIA, so imagine my surprise when seeing this thread. It does go a long way in displaying the genuinely kind-hearted side of folks. Here, in one thread, two great stories about giving when when asking nothing in return but appreciating what was given.

I would have loved to jump on the offer myself, but I've already got a lovely pair of 1976 KCBR's that were offered at a more than reasonable price ($1100) -- which I restored as best I could.

Gary, this 1976 version is really quite nice sonically, and really benefits from an ALK crossover if you can spring for it. Mine had the push-button connectors on the midrange horn, and its vintage was known in some cases to "honk". The ALK not only solves that (as would a P-trap) but smoothes everything out as well.

If you go the ALK route (or Dean's or Bobby C's), consider conditioning the caps. Leo K conditioned mine and the difference was quite noticable.

Gary, congrats again, and thanks to Bob and Amy for parting with these so amicably.

Music Hall MMF-7 Turntable w/Goldring Eroica H MC

Njoe Tjoeb 4000 CDP

Wright Sound WPP-100C Phono Stage

JF Lessard Pantheon 6SN7 SRPP Preamp w/ RCA 5R4GY & Sylvania 6SN7

JF Lessard Horus Parafeed Cobalt 2A3 Monoblocks w/ Tung Sol 5687 & AVVT 2A3

1976 KCBR Klipschorns with ALK Crossovers

Gear Online: Two Channel & Home Theater Systems

----------------

On 7/20/2004 2:02:55 PM garymd wrote:

I'm back with my incredibly beautiful 1976 khorns which are still in the van.

I'm speechless. I can't thank Bob and Amy enough. They welcomed us into their magnificent (I mean MAGNIFICENT!)home with open arms. The speakers are just gorgeous! Pics will come later.

Too speechless to speak anymore for now. Larry and Klipschfoot are on their way. I'll be back.
1.gif1.gif1.gif
----------------

Gary,

The names are Bill & Anne

This one is right up there with the story of the resurrected Belles that won the Klipsch story contest.

I still don't believe it Gary you lucky SOB !!!9.gif

Honestly though, for a generous guy who didn't know any of us, his choice couldn't have been better. Funny how those things work.

Geez Gary, you could have at least remembered their names. I know you are probably still in shock though.

I hope you enjoy them for many years to come buddy.10.gif