First Khorns.........Priceless

Rudy81

First set of new Belles at 30.....$2800.00

First set of used La Scalas for home theater off ebay....$900.00

Compressor, paint gun and tools to refinish shipping damage..$600.00

First set of my very own Khorns.....PRICELESS!

Just picked up my first set of "mint" Walnut 1990 Khorns (AK-3) from a fine gentleman in Houston yesterday. 12 hours after leaving the house they are now safe and sound in my home. Now I remember what Christmas felt like as a kid. I am just giddy...pictures to follow.

Thanks guys. The funny thing about all this is that I am selling my house right now and have contract on it. The killer is that the buyer wants the media room....what a bummer. So....time to upgrade to Khorns now that they were available locally. Wherever we end up, a media room will be more important than running water.

1.gif

Rudy, very nice HT setup - be sure to send photos from your new house! Where did you get the stands for your Heresy's and Forte's? I currently have Klipschorn mains, with Heresy's on the sides and rears, but am not completely happy with SACD and DVD Audio (more content in surrounds). I was thinking of going with Forte II's on the rears but thought that the timbre mismatch may be a problem. What's your experience?

----------------

On 10/23/2004 4:29:15 PM scounce wrote:

Rudy, very nice HT setup - be sure to send photos from your new house! Where did you get the stands for your Heresy's and Forte's? I currently have Klipschorn mains, with Heresy's on the sides and rears, but am not completely happy with SACD and DVD Audio (more content in surrounds). I was thinking of going with Forte II's on the rears but thought that the timbre mismatch may be a problem. What's your experience?

----------------

I have gotten more questions about those stands than I can count. Maybe I should start making them for sale! I made those for that room. The center is a bass trap and the 4 verticle pieces are there for structural support. They fit the Heresey's perfectly! The Heresey's are a good match other than having other La Scalas or Belles there. The Forte's I have in the back are not nearly as good a timbre match as I would like. In my future room, I plan on only Heresey's for all effects speakers. Unless, I have an auditorium, then it's La Scalas all around.

9.gif

Well, this is not going to be their final location. However, the side panels are "notched" enough at the base to allow for a moulding that tall. I now have them in the corners and they fit perfectly....except for the not so plumb walls!!!!

Oops, now I see you are talking about the 1/2 round on the floor. I just checked again, because the bins were flush against the wall. The Tail section is also notced and seems to accommodate the 1/2 round without a problem.