Klipsch Pilgramage 2005

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I had hoped for Hope, but I'll still try to make the Indy trip. If it is anything like last year, Klipsch will organize a first class event for us.

Hey, Arkytype, maybe you can host an "unofficial" pilgrimage some weekend at your place. We could drive to the Hope plant and bribe the janitor with a six pack to give us a tour 9.gif.

I'm sure this will be an outstanding event and the level of enthusiasm suggests it should be a record turnout for the Forum. Thanks to Trey, Amy, and all concerned for putting this shindig together. If the company will consider hosting another event in 2006, I'll hope that Hope will be the popular choice next time around. I've got to hold onto my chips for that possibility...

Best in horns,

triceratops

Hey, Seadog, et al,

I'm still offering to host a mini-Pilgrimage with or without Trey's blessing.

If we can't arrange for a tour of the plant in Hope, there is a Klipsch engineer based in Rogers, Arkansas who is working with the owner of the Malco theater chain to develop new pro audio loudspeakers. All the Malco theaters are equipped with Klipsch loudspeakers.

We could possibly get a tour behind the screen and watch a movie. I saw "Ocean's 12" there a few weeks ago and while there weren't a lot of surround effects, the dialog was crystal clear. Popcorn was good, too.

As an alternative, there's an ElectroVoice pro loudspeaker manufacturing plant not far from Conway. It has an amazing CNC router that cuts loudspeaker cabinet parts in just a few seconds. They make almost all the components there from winding the voice coils to charging the magnets. We could probably get a tour to see the "enemy's" secrets.

Bob Crite's (BEC) place is just a little further down the road from EV and we could see his place, too. After that, it's lunch at Whataburger.

Trey and/or Amy is certainly invited if the event happens. May would be the best month for tolerable weather. In the summer, the temperature and humidity are about equal from June to August.

While a trip to Indy would be informative and entertaining, it probably wouldn't allow attendees to bring their single-ended tube amps or loudspeaker mods.

The 2004 Klipsch Gathering was a well-attended and received informal listening & BS session. That's the atmosphere I'd like to contnue with Klipsch Gathering 2005.

BTW, my belated vote is for Hope.

Lee

oops, sorry about that, I forgot that one. Too many races to keep track of any more....

I'm just hoping a decision is made soon. I'm booking wedding like crazy and sadly, they are usually on Saturday. Probably won't get to attend the 'pilgrimage' in my own town again this year. Sad.

Michael

• Klipsch Employees

We are looking at the 26th of June...Mike you have to make some of this one...

No word for sure...we have a lot of thing going on in June...so we will see. I hope to have the date tide down soon....

If there is a meeting in Arkansas this summer, I will do all I can to attend...

I will tell you that a tour of the plant can not happen on a week day, IF there is a chance to see the plant, it would be on a Satarday.

Give me a date and I will ask...thats all we can do.