Who Makes Klipsch Herritage Drivers

KT66

Can we tidy up and summarize thus :

K-33 = Eminence /

K-55 =Atlas > KH, LS & BL

K-77 =KRACO /

Are the above considered the bees knees ?

(compared to drivers of old)

I mean I hope so, if they are to be used at all in the H series as spec'ed by the eminence himself.

----------------

On 4/2/2005 10:51:44 PM djk wrote:

"Atlas PD-4V."

I have never seen a Klipsch speaker with this driver, now if you has said Cerwin Vega...

----------------

That is the exact Atlas number. Prior to any re-labeling by Klipsch. It is the same driver and horn purchased from a Klipsch Dealer, and compared to the Heresy Mid. Alnico driver. Purchase was made in the early 1970s when I bought my Heresys. Every once in a while one would come through as an ordered replacement with the Original makers nametag rather than Klipsch.

It has been authenticated. Take the round Atlas nametag and model number off, put the Klipsch tag in its place and of course you would never have seen it.

Also the Emminence Drivers - woofers, as you looked at the guitar speakers of the late '60s - '70s were at the lower end in price and quality. The Electro - Voice were revered due to quality.

As For the Drivers used today, I have my doubts as to whether they are made by the same Company's as noted. Over the years, suppliers have changed.

dodger

The dealer sold it to you, it is not the same driver as a Klipsch.

A PD4V has no phase plug, none (a K55V has a phase plug). The dome arches up from the magnet towards the exit (the exact opposite of a K55V). The top plate has no screws and is held on by three drift pins (the K55V has six screws holding the top plate). The PD4V rolls off above 2.5Khz (the K55V rolls off above 5Khz).

A Klipsch K55V is not an Atlas PD4V, it is an Atlas PD5VH.

As usual, djk is correct, the PD-5VH is the correct OEM model for the K-55-V.

The K-77-F is made and assembled by 3 different companies and shipped to Klipsch. It must be expensive beyond compare. As best as I can remember, all 3 are in the U.S.

The Klipsch Rep was present and authenticated as he brought and several others.

Other than the name tag, it is identical to to what I have seen in nine Hereseys.

Marvel notes Atlas also, though not a specific model.

BEC does take an Atlas Driver apart in a thread. He also notes where it can be set up for soldered or spring loaded terminals. Each of these have been spring loaded.

As has been done before you are quite welcome to come andpeform whatever tests you wish.

I invite your review after such testing.

There is a diference in appearance between what is seen in The Photographs BEC provides - besides the Atlas nameplate and model number. Soldered terminals, rather than spring loaded, and a smooth gray finish to the driver, rather than the mottled finish.

This has been the exact same in all nine that I have inspected. Would anyone with smooth gray drivers, spring loaded, care to weigh in.?

I have 38 years of experience in Pro Sound, Live Sound Chief Recording Engineer Live or Studio, Home Audio plus Custom Installations. At a minimum, 30 years experience with Klipsch Speakers and quite regular contacts with Hope, Ark. and Authorized Klipsch Sales and Repairs.

Again, please note BEC's thread and I thank him for it.

dodger

Does anyone read the Post?

I did note Heresy - not K-Horn, not Belle or LaScala.

In people's hurry to prove someone wrong, there is a point where something is not read.

If anyone would care to call Hope and ask about the Heresy mid=range driver.

My comment was NOT about the K-Horn or any other driver but what was in my original Heresys, my Heresys now.

dodger

You may believe what you were told but it doesn't change the facts.

Did I mention the PD4V is less efficient too?

A Heresy would have a huge crater in the frequency response from 2Khz~6Khz if you put a PD4V in it.

Your dealer was running a con on you.

----------------

On 4/4/2005 1:43:10 PM djk wrote:

You may believe what you were told but it doesn't change the facts.

Did I mention the PD4V is less efficient too?

A Heresy would have a huge crater in the frequency response from 2Khz~6Khz if you put a PD4V in it.

Your dealer was running a con on you.

----------------

A. Because you have not seen it done it did not happen.

B. You came up with information that Bob Crites could not? And you did not bother to share any of that information with him? EDIT: Do you know what years it was manufactured? Or what type of magnet? End EDIT

C. I have nothing to prove to you or anyone regarding this. The other thread contained all needed info. If you bother to CALL. And know whom to call. PD 4V was very familiar.

D. You're calling a reputable Klipsch, also McIntosh, Marantz, Fisher dealer basically a con.

E. I have the driver, you do not.

F. I have made the calls, you have not - If I needed to prove anything, it would not be to you.

G. You're calling the people at Hope Klipsch liars.

H. I am not so insecure as to continue this. Nor do I have to prove anything. If I could track it, you could too.

EDIT:

I. Out of a Klipsch Dealer, a Klipsch Rep, also a Klipsch Tech of 30 years at Authorized Klipsch Dealers (Dr. Dave, Audiokid,) a Person from Hope who recognized the Part number, two people from Atlas Sound, BEC - Bob Crites and me, you are the only correct person with all of the information regarding the driver - all - leave BEC out of this part, - are part of a con. You are the only one that is correct.

Putting the PD 4V driver in a Heresy and then playing the pair, the one would sound much worse than the other - correct?

I've had this driver for a minimum of 32 years - and one doesn't think I would put in place and try it?

END EDIT

I have 32 + years experience

with Klipsch Speakers. That's it.

----------------

On 4/1/2005 2:45:54 PM dodger wrote:

Echoing the first reply, the Heresy mids of the 1970s were Atlas PD-4V.

I have one as a horn to deafen someone breaking in for one of the Alarm systems on my house or interior contents.

dodger
----------------

WHAT? HUH? YOU GOT NICE HOUSE!!!

9.gif