Secret Bose Owners

Spkrdctr

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK, I guess I'll be first.

I'm a closet blose owner, but hey it wasn't by choice.

Our 2004 Chevy Z-71 cam with blose speakers in it,

one of these days I need to get it to the dealer and have them check it out I think there is a tweeter blown in it.

Crappy blose stuff.......

There I got that off my chest, now whos next?

Steve

It's really no secret, as I have posted here before, that I own a pair of Bose 101 outdoor speakers that I proudly display from the front gable of our garage each summer. I simply tell others: I care too much for my Klipschs to leave them in the rain! 2.gif

I have a bose wave radio. Alarm works, clock works, plays any radio station I want it to at wake up time. For a clock radio it sounds fine for a 10 minutes traffic update. When I was building my music room and all the equipment/speakers was put away it played right along keeping me company. They do know how to market things, can't fault them for that.

I'm not ashamed to admit that I have an Acoustimass 15 system setup in my upstairs living room. It's a tight area, I wanted 5.1, my wife liked the small cubes, and my brother got them for me at 5% over cost from Best Buy. My big setup is in my basement, but this allows me to have 5.1 upstairs with speakers that I already have.

Fire away!

I'm not ashamed to admit that I have an Acoustimass 15 system setup in my upstairs living room. It's a tight area, I wanted 5.1, my wife liked the small cubes, and my brother got them for me at 5% over cost from Best Buy. My big setup is in my basement, but this allows me to have 5.1 upstairs with speakers that I already have.

Fire away!

----------------

On 4/13/2005 8:23:09 AM purdue2k2 wrote:

I'm not ashamed to admit that I have an Acoustimass 15 system setup in my upstairs living room.
----------------

You should be 3.gif

I will admit when I was first getting into audio, I was looking to buy a pair of 301's. Not because they were Bose (I was indifferent to them at the time, didn't know about them, I was like 12!), but because they had a 8" woofer and I wanted that sort of power at my disposal.

I ended up with some cruddy JBL HLS 610's that have a few thousand hours on them and are still going strong and being used ~8 hours a day, 7 days a week as our TV/HT speakers downstairs.

----------------

On 4/13/2005 10:17:14 AM garymd wrote:

My '99 Acura 3.2 TL has a Bose system. Sounds pretty good but has a hard time reading burned CDs and only shows what track you're on.

----------------

Gary- I'm told on the Acura-TL forum that cd's made in Japan reflect the best. That seems to be the problem those head units have. I was also told that Pioneer really made the head units and not Bose.

Not sure if it's true....

----------------

On 4/13/2005 6:44:01 AM customsteve01 wrote:

OK, I guess I'll be first.

I'm a closet blose owner, but hey it wasn't by choice.

Our 2004 Chevy Z-71 cam with blose speakers in it,

one of these days I need to get it to the dealer and have them check it out I think there is a tweeter blown in it.

Crappy blose stuff.......

There I got that off my chest, now whos next?

Steve

----------------

Ditto my 04 Silverado LT came with a Bose system in it with OnStar, XM and 6-disc changer in dash. Does fine for my truck. I don't do any serious listening there it just serves to keep me entertained during my commute. It does not sound bad, but I would not have chosen it if I were to pick a system to put in it.

I found a pair of veneerially challenged 301's at the Salvation Army for $8. Grilles were perfect. Woofers needed refoaming. I sold the grilles on ebay for $15 put some old JBL woofers in and now these ugly beaters sit atop a shelf in my shop system to deal with heat/cold/humidity/dust.

I had a pair of oak KG 3.2's out there for a couple of weeks, but I just couldn't do that to them. Anyone got a really rough pair of KG 3.2's they want to part with?

----------------

On 4/13/2005 4:46:25 PM fastlane wrote:

I found a pair of veneerially challenged 301's at the Salvation Army for $8. Grilles were perfect. Woofers needed refoaming. I sold the grilles on ebay for $15 put some old JBL woofers in and now these ugly beaters sit atop a shelf in my shop system to deal with heat/cold/humidity/dust.

----------------

I don't know how any of those grilles could have remained perfect. The ones on my wifes 301's were super glued a million times over and still required ye olde scotch tape to remain in place. These came with veneers?!?6.gif6.gif

Before I ever knew about this board I never thought about purchasing used Klipsch speakers. So..........I have a Bose Accoustamas 3.1 system and I used 501s for the rear. I now use them as the A's with LaScalas as the B's in the Kitchen/Greatroom, the Lascalas are on the floor of course and the Bose are mounted on the ceiling. I think it sounds pretty good. The sub unit is set back in a recess in the wall and that really helps the poor Bass. I am just not one to sell something. Once I have it I have a hard time letting go.

I have a radio shack amp and tuner in my trunk that I used in a store and they have been in my trunk for about a year.