Secret Bose Owners

Spkrdctr

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Once owned a "bass module." Junky bass IMO. Sold. Once owned a pair of 901 Series II with the EQ. Unbelievable power in my small basement. Sold. Currently, Bose 301 lower surround (Realistic Minimus 7 upper surrounds). They sound great in that duty. Want a Wave in the boudoir someday - great sound for the size. Not a Bose hater...I just won't overpay for 'em. I have listened at the Bose room at the mall. Impressive for hard surfaced walls and floor when you depend on reverberation to fill in the middle ranges. The salesman are well-trained.

----------------

On 4/14/2005 8:48:51 AM customsteve01 wrote:

Spkrdctr,

Your saying that you've never touched the Blose stuff or are you saying that you just didn't intake any sound from blose???

Steve

----------------

That was a good line!

I've wanted one of the Wave Radios, but not at what they charge for it.

----------------

On 4/14/2005 12:55:42 AM Daddy Dee wrote:

My church has two BOSE 802 based PA systems, one for the Sanctuary and second portable system for the youth group. They are driven by big Crown amps and they kick butt.

----------------

I saw the Tony Rice Quintet in Chicago, and he was using a similar setup. 2 of the 802's per side and it was very good, solid PA sound for an audience of about 250.

However, my 901's are still cowering in the closet, gathering dust. I think they are afraid my khorns will kick their butts! (and they would be right)

woo

----------------

My church has two BOSE 802 based PA systems, one for the Sanctuary and second portable system for the youth group. They are driven by big Crown amps and they kick butt.
----------------

Thats because the lord took pity upon your speakers and put the soul of Klipsch inside of them 3.gif

Never had any at home, but we put some of the 101s into classrooms at the college where I work. They are okay. Last year I convinced them to get some of the Klipsch (CA-8T models, no longer made I think, but look similar to the CA-800T). They rock. The guy I talked into it was suitably impressed.

Marvel

----------------

On 4/14/2005 9:44:41 AM kenratboy wrote:

----------------

----------------

Thats because the lord took pity upon your speakers and put the soul of Klipsch inside of them
3.gif

----------------

2.gif Soul Man

This thread got me thinking. Packed away somewhere, I have a pair of Bose 301's and a small (a bit bigger than a shoe box) bass module thingy from the early 90's. I went to the Bose web site to find some specs or any information on them. I could not find any information on them at all there - maybe I'm not navigating their site well enough. They only seem to provide info on the current models that they're selling. It's very commendable that the Klipsch web site provides so much information on products that they don't sell anymore. I think that there is more to like here than just the speakers.